Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cove ❯ The Green Serpent ( Chapter 92 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

What the hell is going on? They've been fighting through a deep green mist. Where did this even come from? Sayako coughed as she swatted away fog.

"What the hell is this?!" she shouted. The rest of her group didn't hear her. They were too busy fighting off the fog. The green kept rolling in faster than they could fan it away. Only Akimi remained calm. She closed her eyes. Anna tried to reach out to her but the fog grew thicker.

"Akimi-chan!" she shouted. Her voice got lost in the void. The girl looked around.

"Akimi-chan! Sanya-kun!" Anna shouted. The void consumed the last letter of her words before the walls trapped them each in their indiviual hell.

Sayako

She was a failure. Sayako used to be a princess. Her parents loved her and showered her with affection. She was never going to get it back. What was the point to this journey? What was she running away from? The fallen princess covered her ears as she backed up.

Shut up! Shut up!

Why?

She froze. Why did she want them to stop? They were telling the truth. Sayako didn't have a home to go back to. Her parents were dead. She didn't have any other family that she knew of. She was just alone. What else could she do? This journey was all she had. And then what? The fallen heiress hadn't thought about that. She didn't know what she was going to do after she found the Cove. Sayako shook her head.

I can't think about that. I have to find the Cove. And then... And then...

What?

Sayako sank down to her knees, shaking all over.

Shasha

She was weak. They always left her behind. Shasha didn't want to be the one left behind anymore. She had been doing her best to keep up, but it just didn't feel like it was ever enough. Maybe this Cove could give her a boost.

No, it won't.

Shasha gritted her teeth. She refused to believe this. In fact, she used the negativy to fuel her. So far on this journey, Shasha had been able to keep up. Emmit was by her side to keep up her spirits. The girl had grown in the months that she and her friend had been travelling to look for the Cove. She was so happy that she could be equal to the boys in her village. But still...

Will it ever be enough?

"Yes!"

Are you sure about that?

Shasha froze as she lifted her chin. She clenched her fists at her side. She should say something, but why can't she bring herself to open her mouth and speak?

Emmit

He can't help her. Emmit wants to tell Shasha that she is more than enough. Tell her that she is fine just the way she is. Tell her that she doesn't have to push herself any further. Tell her to take a rest. Tell her... Tell her...

She isn't going to listen. She doesn't love you.

Emmit refused to listen. He was going to have to try and get her to see what he sees himself. But what if Shasha still wouldn't listen after he poured out his bleeding heart? That was the part that he couldn't handle.

Anna

She is scared on her sister. How did she grow up to be a monster? No. She didn't "become" that way. Their mother believed that she was born a demon. Anna remembered an incident when Akimi was just a baby.

"Mama tried to kill her."

Anna kept this little secret to herself all of this time. She never told Sanya. The girl didn't want to think about what would happen if the truth got out. However, deep down inside Anna had a sense that it might be too late.

Sanya

Akimi was a monster. He's known that ever since she was born. Anna tries to protect them both. She thought that the Cove would fix her. Sanya was starting to think that it might not be possible. It would be much easier to kill Akimi and be done with it. But could they really bring themselves to do it? Anna wants to save their sister and won't listen otherwise. Sanya has no choice but to follow, but he can't bring himself to end the terror always walking with them.

Akimi

Nothing. They could not reach her. Akimi open her eyes. She reached out her right hand and...

Crash!

Everything went still as the fog was gone. The party lay on the ground unconscious.

-------

"Hey! Are you alright?"

Chapter Ninety-Four: The Green Serpent: