Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ KuroOokami ❯ KuroOokami ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
She was beautiful. She had Grey ears and a grey tail, with claws that sparkled when the sun shined on them. She had long brown hair, but she did not hide her ears. Kuro could not beleive his eyes. Many thoughts raced through his head. "Am I dreaming?" he wondered, pinching himself to make sure he was awake. Kuro was excited but nervous at the same time. Koinuyami was seated all by herself in a restaurant. The restaurant was empty, because everyone had gone to school or work. The owner of the restaurant had no problems with half breeds, and he served them as he did with any of his normal guests. "Should i approach her?" he was very nervous now, and his tail was moving side to side very fast. Kuro took a deep breath to try and relax. "I have to go meet her. I am tired of not having anyone to talk to. Maybe she will be my friend." Kuro walked into the restaurant, and was met by the lovely smell of the owner's home cooking. He walked slowly towards koinuyami. When he approached her table, he stopped. "Hi" he said with a nervous tone. "what do you want?" she demanded. "I thought it was bad luck to be seen with a half breed" she spat, scaring Kuro. KuroOokami was amazed that she didn't notice his tail. "I too am a half breed" he said as he removed his sunglasses, and pulled his hair down to reveal his bright yellow eyes and black ears. Koinuyami was shocked. She sat frozen, as if she were a statue. " y-y-you're a half breed too??...Oh my god.. I thought i was the only one...." Kuro noticed a tear fall from koinuyami's big brown eyes. "My name is KuroOokami" he said. As he was about to extend his clawed hand to introduce himself, Koinuyami sprung up and embraced him in a very long hug. She was crying now. "I'm so sorry" she said, wiping her tears. " I have spent my whole life looking for another half-breed like me. My name is Koinuyami. But some people call me Koinu for short." She released her grip on Kuro and sat back down. Kuro Noticed that his shirt was drenched from her tears. "sorry about that" she giggled pointing to the back of KuroOokami's Shirt. "No problem" he replied. He sat down beside her, and they stared at each other for a long time, but they were interrupted by a dark figure. "here is your food, koinu" the dark figure said, placing a plate on the table and then returning to the back room.

Koinuyami began to eat and asked kuro if he wanted anything, to which he replied "no thank you." When Koinu was finished eating, she looked up at kuro and opened her mouth, as if to speak, but nothing came out. She lowered her head and asked "So how did you become a half breed?" She slowly lifted her head and tried to make eye contact with kuro. Kuro thought about his curse. Everytime he thought about it, it felt like somebody had stabbed him in the back with a stake. "well..." he started. "Both of my parents were full breed wolves. But a curse hangs over my family, which only affects certain generations. So when i was born, i had my ears, tail, claws and eyes, but the curse made my body human. I still have the same instincts as a wolf though. I still crave fresh raw meat, and every night i fight the urge to howl at the moon. I have been trying to hide myself from the rest of the world. Everyday I am ridiculed for being a half-breed. I have no friends, and my parents are gone. When they found out i was a half breed, they too, rejected me." Kuro had tears in his eyes. He hated his past, and he wished he was a normal full breed like his parents. Kuro wanted to ask Koinuyami how she became a half-breed, but it hurt him too much.

If he couldn't handle his past, he obvously wouldn't beable to listen to her past. He decided to wait until he was calmed down.