Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Mechanical Affection ❯ Chapter 17 ( Chapter 17 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Mechanical Affection- Chapter 17

It was almost like I’d never died and come back. I wandered down the aisle looking at the scattered remnants of the store. It was in pretty good shape but I couldn’t imagine CDs to be very high up on the list of must haves at the end of the world.
When a bit of plastic crunched under a boot, I looked down curiously. The smudgy looking case gave me little to no idea of the contents… What were we doing here again? I stopped and looked around. A little black thing jumped across the floor, accompanied by a little jingle. Its movements drew me back the breather just two aisles over. Matt… That was his name.
“Oh man… I remember this. I can’t believe there’s a copy here. You remember Tenacious D?” He asked lifting the CD so I could see it… Which I couldn’t anyway. He did realize it was a struggle just to remember his name, right? I’m pretty sure this Tenacious D was right up there with things I probably didn’t remember when I wasn’t eating faces. His face lit up and my head fell to the heavy side, what was that smile for?
The CD disappeared from his hand, to where I couldn’t stay and he took hold of the air and did some crazy little dance. And I think that weird sound coming out if his mouth was supposed to be singing. What a lunatic. I jerked my head. All right crazycakes, time for your sedatives. I grunted at him and he jumped the isles. CDs clattered all over the ground and he shrugged at me… Yeah, I got nothing, “Really? Nothing?” Yeah, “Damn shame.” He looked at the CD. Where the hell had that gone to? When had it come back? I jerked as something just seemed to pop into his hands and he was stuffing the CD into his pants. He turned and talked a bit faster than normal so I didn’t understand but as I looked, I guess he wasn’t really talking to me. Didn’t mean I wasn’t put out by it. I gargled my complaint but went to greet the pair that had followed us in. The black thing on the ground nearly tripped me two dozen times… Or maybe I was too slow to tell it wasn’t actually in my way by the time I stepped forward.
The half-face crackled at me in his strange voice and we knocked our masks together. I wasn’t much for shaking hands but I really did like to be near him. I think it made Matt jealous too, bonus points, “Seems like a waste of time.” We looked at the girl, not understanding what they were talking about as Matt rolled his eyes.
“They like it.” Matt told her as he touched my head and drew me away, “Rooftop, boy, let’s go. New York, come on. Claire has girl things to do.” And we looked at Claire a briefly, stepping away from her towards Matt. She folded her arms, not looking very happy.
“You’re not as funny as you think you are.”
“I thought I was.” I thought he was too. New York agreed with a coughing noise before we headed upstairs to the roof. The sun was still pretty high and it was warm up here. I liked this a lot. I walked towards the edge but was jerked to a halt. I grumbled and looked to see what held me was a leash. If I could have sighed… “You’re going to fall off.” I’m not that stupid… Yet… But I might have been that blind. So I didn’t argue. New York wasn’t tied but he didn’t venture far from me.
The world was hazy and orange, the sky smudged with smoke. Hot. Unnatural. It was good that way. Head back, my eyes went to the sky, settling on that fiery globe commonly known as the sun. I could feel the rays sinking in. Ah… Huh? The black fuzzball on the ground ran over to the edge. Hey, uh… We’re not allowed over there. I tried to follow it but couldn’t and it began making an awful racket. I recoiled and growled something at Matt to tell him to shut that dog up.
“What is it?” Your dog, duh. Go get it. He passed by and pulled binoculars out of his pack and looked at the world. He was still and I swayed anxiously as New York went to him. What was it? Let me see, “Shit.” What?! Pulling out his radio, it sizzled and cracked in his hands, “Pack –t-p. I got -s on- -me li- -nes. Don’t l- -k they’re u- t- any -d. Over.” Running past me, he began to stuff his things into his pack and I went to loom over him. I do wish he’d not talk so fast sometimes. I worked my mouth a little, he was anxious about something, “Toto!” He shouted and the dog stopped barking. As he stood, he grabbed my hand and we flew down the stairs so fast we nearly took out the girl as she appeared at the bottom. She grabbed New York and we were out of there.
In the back, the engine roared and we were on the move again, “Maybe we should go back.” Said our fiery driver, she looked over her shoulder as she spoke. That seemed a tad dangerous.
“One more house.” I looked. Didn’t know where he expected to find a house. Past the stone buildings, the wooden houses were pretty much charcoal. Oh… Wait… There was one. Why did that seem strange?
I lingered around the hood as the engine idled and I listened to the breathers talk amongst themselves, “Just stay.” I heard Matt say before his hand settled on my shoulder, “Ten minutes. Let’s clear this and get the hell out of here. Okay?” Okay. Ten minutes. I turned and headed for the door. Nobody home, I didn’t pause at the porch and walked straight in. Wait… I picked up pace toward the back of the house. Hello? I ducked into a room, I could hear something. The rugrat of a dog wasn’t at all interested, but I was, “Wait! Stop it.” Matt’s voice dropped and he pushed me back. He held up a gun and peeked inside, “A solar radio.” A whatar whatio? I looked over his shoulder into the room. Are you sure no one’s there? Let me see. He pushed me back and held me to the wall, “Stay.” But I don’t wanna.
I waited just long enough for him to venture in before I walked in too. I looked. There was someone there, just maybe not a living someone. I thought the sound had been coming from him, her? It.
Mitch!” He hissed. Matt, I seethed back as I circled the form. So well dressed, but no face. I looked to Matt for an explanation. He pushed the thing over, “Leave it.” The sound of the radio died as he stuffed it in his pack and continued his search. After throwing a couple of things over my shoulder and raiding the garage, we slipped out the way we’d come. I fell face first into the back seat when he failed to catch me and I flailed around to get back up. When I looked back… The house was on fire. Matt climbed in.
The woman in the front seat asked, not the driver, turned in her seat. “Why did you do that?” Yeah, what she said. I looked at him expectantly… He just looked unhappy.
“Place gave me the creeps. Nothing left there.” He turned away from me and held the dog close. I looked at New York and he croaked. I didn’t know what had him spooked so I just leaned over and knocked Matt with my skull until he put an arm around me. It was just a house. It was ugly anyway. The piece of shit needed to be burned down, “It’s okay, baby.” I know it is. He kissed my head. I don’t think he knew the same thing.
Matt’s bad mood was really starting to bum me out. At this rate, he’d flood the camp by blocking the river with pebbles, “I wish I could make you better.” I perked up at the words. I would have shaken my head if I could have, instead I let out a series of scratchy noises that were supposed to be words. I was already better. I wanted to tell him to not worry about it. I wasn’t in any pain. I wasn’t suffering. I liked the way I was… Or I couldn’t imagine myself being any other way.
I don’t know if he realized it, but he was the only one suffering here. Perfect waste of a life when he could be… Uh… I dunno… All sorts of human things. It was hard to think about what all people did now that I might miss if I could remember it.
Matt chewed his thumbnail and stared at me. I stared right back. He glanced over my shoulder, “Do you love him?” Hm? I looked. New York chewed the air a moment then gave a strange huff at me. I’m pretty sure I didn’t, but I very much liked being around him. I looked back at Matt and he was holding out his arms. He repeated the question, two option. Yes or no… Of course not, “Do you love me?” I couldn’t say either way… He furrowed his brows and scowled a little, “Fine…” It’s not like that. I don’t think what I have inside me can be defined by human terms. New York gave me a push. Apparently he didn’t like the non-answer either.
With hushed hisses, I was finally convinced to stumble over to Matt. I looked down at him. Ask a different question. Ask it again… He wouldn’t look at me.
Clenching my teeth, I focused. I focused so hard I thought what was left of my brain might liquefy. My hands twitched and jerked at my sides. They wanted to do something but not what I told them to. I looked at New York and he mumbled encouragingly. Big Brother zombie. I really did like him quite a bit. But given a choice… Matt, I’d choose you. My hand obeyed and I gripped his shoulder tightly like an eagle on the soft body of a rabbit.
Matt smiled up at me and moved a hand to cover mine. Good thing too, I was starting to tremor. Damn, he had a great smile. I bet his face was delicious, “I could kiss you.” I don’t think you could. Unless you’re not terrible fond of those pouty lips, “You’re so cute.” Uh… Yeah, let’s just go with that. He pulled my head down and pressed our foreheads together. The heat of his body, my hand slid back and I grabbed onto him. It was an unintentional hug, but I guess it worked out because Matt began laughing. Screaming something or another, he tried to push me away but I had a death grip on that body of his.
Somehow, he’d squirmed far enough away that my head ended up on his lap and he halfway off the rickety lawn chair. About then, the little black dog that seemed attached to Matt’s hip decided to join in on the fun. I felt little hot paws on my back, a slobbery tongue on my face before the furry mass went for Matt’s face. He flailed, the chair tipped and we were in a pile on the grass. Matt’s chest heaved a bit and he held my head in a hand while warding off the wiry haired dog with the other.
My body melted into the warmth of his thighs and I rubbed my face into his stomach. Matt was definitely my favorite… And he’d just have to settle for that, even if I still wanted to rip his face off most of the time.
He caught his breath, “All right, off I gotta go.” Go where? Oh… I know where. Sorry man, not much help with that, am I? He smiled and caught my eye when we shared a look, “You look happy.” Do I? I guess I must be then, “You could always join me.” I don’t know what I’d do other than look pretty. It might get pretty awkward, though, you know… Just watching, “What’s that look mean?” I’m not sure.
Matt looked away from me, “Could you, uh… Give us a minute?” I heard some shuffling as we were left alone… Or relatively alone. Having the dog there would be weird too, “Toto, home.” And the dog was gone. That was a neat trick! Dog training must have been one of those secret talents breathers sometimes possessed.
My head was still on his lap when he sat up and stroked my head, “How about it? You wanna do it?” I really don’t think I’m capabl- I narrowed my eyes as he pulled something out of his pocket. Seriously? Lube and condoms? Wasn’t he an optimistic one… I stared at the contraceptives. Fuck it. Who was I to say no? I probably wouldn’t remember anyway, right? And Matt seemed totally into it.
Go for it, nutcase.
Matt grinned, “I’ve got a plan.” He whispered almost so I didn’t hear but I caught it somehow. Gotta love a man with a plan. I just hoped I wouldn’t regret this. Please don’t make me regret this. God, help me, if he gets weird after this, his face will be the second thing I eat.
I flopped off him as he got up, I didn’t get the chance to try and get up before I was being hauled up to my feet. His body was hot beside mine as he pulled me close and held my head down. I realized as he led me around camp that he was trying to be sneaky… Which was way more suspicious that just waltzing through camp to wherever it was he wanted to go. Way to go, incognito.
I looked towards a vague warmth I knew to be a breather but the only thing I saw was the ground as my face was practically shoved into it, “Sh!” Like I was makin’ any noise to begin with. This wasn’t mission impossible. Get out, get it on, and get back. But I guess his plan was more advanced than mine would have been, “Go.” He pushed me and I staggered forward. Then I was being dragged at a decent pace onwards and towards… Oh. Things were starting to look up for me.
He grabbed my head and kissed my forehead, “I’ll get the keys.” And he was gone, leaving me alone with the hummer. Oh fuck, I loved this fucking car. I threw myself on the hood, arms out and probably looking a bit like roadkill as I wallowed on it. Not hot like it would be with the engine rumbling but it was still good. The sunbaked metal was hot enough to get me excited about our adventure. I think I was drooling, it felt so good.
With a fierce snarl, I pawed at the hood as something pushed against my chest and forced me away from the vehicle. I looked down at my chest only to realize it was only my shirt. Looking back, I grunted as Matt smiled, “You’ll be back on it in no time.” I’d better be. I grumbled but was easily maneuvered into the car. The purr of the engine was soothing and I stared at the hood as the car jostled me about. The hotspot grew hotter the farther we went. I was almost disappointed when we stopped and Matt pulled me out. Maybe it could get hotter, but it was so deliciously warm already I don’t think I cared anymore. Moaning in delight, I walked into the metal frame and splayed out over it. My mouth worked automatically as I rubbed my skull against the metal, the tackiness of my skin felt wonderful on the smooth surface. I was in zombie fuckin’ heaven.
“You sure about this?” Hm? I think I was heat drunk. My brain was mush. Ear to the hood, I listened to the car rumble. Had it been the car speaking to me? Did cars talk? “Mitch?” Yes, car? “You like that, huh?” I love it, car. Oh you’re the best thing. I stared blankly ahead, the engine vibrations rattling my bones a little making me feel limp and noodly. I don’t think I could stand on my own anymore.
Heat blanketed my back and something shaded the sun from my eyes. Even my eyes were slow to respond. I looked sideways at the breather looming over me. Right… Uh… Mm… Hm… I drew a bit of a blank. I knew he’d come with me but I wasn’t lucid enough to clearly remember a title. I loved this car so much.
I could feel hot, soft hands on the back of my neck holding me down into the yellow metal. That felt wickedly good. I gurgled a complaint as they left but they came back. I wasn’t very happy they’d pushed up my shirt. That belongs to me- Hey! Some sanity returned when I felt the arms go around me. Not because they were hugging me, no, because they’d gone straight down my pants. I tried to turn a bit, knock it off! Get your hands out of there. My attempt to turn around ceased and I cracked my head into the car. Ignore that, keep them there. Oh yeah, baby, keep them there.
The heat against my back breathed, pressing me into the hot metal then releasing me again. To accompany that… A flesh tingling sensation of hot moisture washing over the nape of my neck. Breathers… So full of heat. I looked to his face again. He had this… Strange smile on his face, eyes on mine as I looked to him…. That gorgeous smile. Fuck… Mm… Mm- Matt… That was his name.
“I could kiss you.” He murmured, some shaggy bangs slipping down over his forehead. I bet he could.
I had to wonder... Was he as turned on by the car as I was, or was he really that in to me? Either way, he was about as hard as I was and he wasn’t afraid to let me know it. I missed the hands when they moved away and groaned unhappily but closed my eyes to enjoy the feeling of being sandwiched between the hummer and Matt. When I couldn’t feel one anymore, my eyes fluttered open. The light reflecting off the paint blinded my sight and I attempted to push myself up. Was that it?
“Hold on.” A hand on the back of my neck kept me down. Guess not. Fine with me. I was happy where I was at. I didn’t even care when my pants were jerked down half past my thighs. What did I need clothes for?
I knocked my head on the car again, the sound of metal against metal seeming out of place but not curious enough for me to give shit right now.
Then I got the weirdest sensation, to be blunt, in my ass. A weird slippery pressure, “I’m not hurting you right?” I… Don’t think so. I was just a tad confused by it. And by the little touches to my back. I couldn’t quite pinpoint what it was. I could feel it, but I couldn’t see and my memories for reference were next to nothing. A kiss maybe, fuck I didn’t know.
That freakish sensation grew more noticeable, maybe this hadn’t been a good idea. Oddly… Matt got the hint and backed off? Oh, no, nevermind. He wasn’t backing off and… This was a fucking brilliant idea.
I made a noise that I didn’t know I could make and shuddered a little, okay maybe a tiny seizure. But it was all good. Heat enveloped me, arms around my stomach, body against my back, and a pulsing warmth deep inside me. I’m pretty sure I wasn’t hard just for the car anymore and, as much as I would have liked his face in my mouth and stomach, I think his dick up my ass was an excellent substitute. I could feel his heartbeat in every inch of him that was against me, the blood as it pulsed through is veins. I could follow it if I wanted, map the patterns. It was super trippy and way hot.
I held onto the car because there was nothing else to hold onto and tried to keep on my feet. I wasn’t doing a very good job, so it was good thing Matt had my hips in a death grip. His handprints would leave a mark for sure. If we didn’t fix it, I think they’d stay there forever. There was a thought… But supposed someone saw them somehow. Something to worry about later, if I remembered.
The weight of the car shifted under us. Matt might have looked a scrawny, but when it came to sex, goddamn he was bit of a monster, wasn’t he? I groaned a bit. If he kept that up, he might break me, like literally. Not like I cared though, the heat from his body had me melted like a popsicle on a hot summer day and he was getting warmer by the moment.
I huffed a bit, snapping at the car. Just one bite of anything, just to have something warm in my mouth. That was the only thing that could have made this any better. I was frantic for it, my mind a hazy mess of want for heat. Matt was just as frantic, but I think his goal was a bit more achievable than mine. All the stood between him and what he wanted was time. I had a sheet of metal, or maybe leather.
I became aware that Matt was making sounds. Not talking, I think. Mostly panting and groans… The quality of it was soothing, did he have to sound so goddamn sexy while he fucked me? I liked that he was loving this, loving me. And I liked it more when he said it to me, voice shot to hell by the skipping record that was my brain and out of breath.
A sharp series of syllables was the only warning I got as he suddenly grabbed onto me and seized. His grip seemed superhuman as he came, his breath coming out as a hiss that was steamy on my skin. He pressed his face into my shoulder, jerking against me until he went still. His body shuddered and heaved against me. I think he’d really enjoyed himself. Good.
When he moved, it was to kiss my brow and smooth a hand over my head, “Mitch…” I waited to him to say more but he didn’t, only smiled. Such a sap, but I was still satisfied. Probably the first and last zombie to ever get laid, I fucking rock.