Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Memoirs of a Killer ❯ Chapter Sixty Two ( Chapter 62 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Jessica smirked as she took the cookie and took a bite out of it. "Why can't I get chummy with Ian? It's obvious you've chosen my bro, which means that he's free."

"I'm not free," Jack told her.

"Why not? She's obviously not interested in you."

Jack tensed as he heard that. His fist tightened, but he didn't say a word. He wasn't going to give any of them the satisfaction.

Constance was steaming. "Brian," Daniel said and Brian jumped.

Constance lunged at Jessica and Daniel grabbed her by the waste. Constance bought against him as Brian came to her with a needle.

"I swear I'm just going to break an arm...maybe two!" Constance screamed.

Daniel fought hard to keep her still while Brian pushed the needle in her arm. Constance screamed with rage and slowly her heart beat went down. It wasn't long before she went limp in Daniel's arms. Brian scooped her up as her head tossed to the side. She was out. Brian glared at Jessica.

"If it was up to me, I would have let her break your arm," he said as he started upstairs.

Daniel grabbed Jessica by the arm roughly and pulled her outside. "I thought I made myself clear. Pushing her buttons will get you kill, Jessica. Either learn to shut up or start digging yourself a grave." With that said he walked back inside.

"What the hell! I wasn't pushing her buttons! She doesn't care about him, so why can't I have him?" She ran up beside her brother demanding answers from him.

Jack followed Brian upstairs to Constance's room. He wanted to make certain that she was okay. "It seems that with Jessica here things won't be boring," he sighed.

Daniel glared at her. "Their relationship is complicated. Unless you want to wake up missing limbs I suggest you learn respect. Just because you are my sister doesn't mean I won't put you out on your ass. Obviously you're pissing off people, so learn manners or get the hell out." He started upstairs. "And start looking for another college to enroll into tomorrow."

Brian turned to Jack as he tucked Constance in. "In Jessica's defense, she has no idea who the hell she is dealing with even though Daniel had told her all about Constance years ago when the use to call each other all the time." He checked Constance breathing to make sure she wasn't in stress while she slept. "But, I think she will eventually learn. The hard way, of course."

Daniel walked in and started making Jessica's bed. "Sorry about my sister. She's use to having things her way so respect isn't in her vocabulary. I didn't raise her, sadly. She always preferred a nanny."

"No, actually I would've loved to see you more. Instead you were more interested in her," Jessica said as she walked into the room. She didn't want to start anything, she just wanted her brother to know that she had long ago known that her brother cared more about this girl then he did his own sister.

Jack looked at Daniel and Jessica. Nodding to Brian, he figured this would be a good time to get out. Caressing Constance's face, he leaned forward and kissed her before leaving. He didn't want to be there if and when the fireworks started.

"Jessica, before I started helping our brother I reached out to you, wanting to be a brother but you were always more interested in what I could buy you. You wanted the latest doll, the best clothes, the most expensive toys. I couldn't keep up with your demands. When I joined Epsilon, Constance instantly needed me. It was nice being needed for something other than my money so naturally I took care of her." He started to unpack her bags. "Besides, coming to visit me there was much too dangerous. Assassins aren't exactly the most stable of people."

"Still, it would've been nice for you to come visit me, or at least call," Jessica told him. "I missed you, but whenever I did get to talk to you all you could talk about was her. So eventually I just quit trying."

"I didn't have anything else to talk about. Brother had me there for one thing, and that was to control her. Nothing else went on in my life," he said. Walking over to Constance he put her iPod headphones in her ears and turned it on. "That should keep her asleep all night as long as you don't mess with her." He turned back to her. "Do you need anything?"

Once more it was all about her. Jessica just sighed and shook her head. "No, I'll be fine. Thanks."

"Goodnight, Jessica," he said and closed the door behind him.

"Yeah, night." Jessica stared at her bed and then at Constance. Undressing, she put on her night shirt before sitting down on her bed and staring at the strange girl. "I wonder how it feels to have so many people love you like they do?"

Constance woke up in the morning and looked in the mirror. She remembered how Shadow was ordered to kill her and Jack by her previous boss. She also remembered that she had decided that very day that he had to be killed. Sighing in the mirror she walked down stairs where everyone was. She looked around until her eyes met Daniel.

"I'm ready to kill Boss Man now," she said.

Brian looked up at her and Daniel stood. "Constance..."

She held up her hand. "I wanted him dead and so he has to die."

"That's suicide," Jack said as he set down his coffee cup. He wanted the Boss dead more then anyone, but they hadn't done intel or anything on that place.

"Whoa...you're going to kill older bro?" Jessica shrugged. "Cool."

"I'm not afraid to die," she said shrugging. "But I'm the only one that can do it. And...he has to pay. All that power went to his head and I don't think I'll ever be able to be truly free if I don't get rid of him."

Daniel walked over to her. "I've been planning for this. If I know my brother, he will have an army ready for you."

"It's been a year. You really think he would still have an army?" Brian asked.

"Yes, he would. Until Constance is in his hands or dead, he wouldn't put security down for anything. He's been waiting for her. I've had a few contacts scoping out things over the year so I can find her a way in."

"You're willing to let her do that? Alone?"

"I'm not asking for permission or for agreement. I'm going," Constance said sternly.

Jack looked at her. "I'm going as well," he told them. When everyone looked at him he held up his hands. "I'm no use in a fight, but I want to see this with my own eyes."

"Sorry, I'm going alone. Having you around will slow me down. I need to stay clear headed and I was hoping..." she turned to Daniel and Brian, "that you could make me a drug to bring out the side of me that took down Shadow."

"No. Out of the question."

"I'll do it." Daniel snapped his head at Brian. "I'll make the drug and you can take it when you get there."

"You are going to do this behind my back?" Daniel said with narrow eyes.

"No, I'm telling you now that I'm doing it. She's going to need every bit of power she has and that includes her ruthless side."

Jack fell silent at this. This wasn't going to end well. "Well then, if that's the way it's going to be, I guess I don't need to wish you luck. Just make certain to give him hell." With that he excused himself. They were going too far with this. They were going to purposely bring out the part of her which they'd been trying to contain.

Jessica's eyes followed him as he slowly made his way to his room.

Shutting the door behind him, he reached for his cell phone and hit a few numbers. "Yes, it's me. I need to call in that favor," he said softly.

Daniel grabbed a folder and set it on the table. It was all the information Constance would need to get in to the boss. She sat next to him as he explained to her what she was to do. Brian went down to the lab and began working on the drug she would need. On the side, he worked on a more powerful one. One that would hopefully bring her back so they wouldn't have to put her under the mask again and risk more memory loss.

Jessica listened in as Daniel explained just what she was going to have to do. "So...why is it exactly that you're going to kill him?" She was never that close to her older brother, but she still found it odd that they were going to kill him.

Jack closed his phone and sighed. It was done. Taking a deep breath he headed back out, catching the end of Daniel's discussion on what had happened between all of them. Looking at the plans he had for Constance, Jack noticed that she wasn't going to try any stealth. She was going in to kill them all.

Constance sat back. "It's nice that you went through all this for me, Daniel, but I don't need it. I going to kill every single person I see with a weapon and everyone person I see as a threat...and if the drug makes me want more...then I'll shoot myself."

Daniel grew quiet. "I cannot believe you just said that."

"I don't want it to be like the times that I couldn't control myself. I don't want to end up coming back here intending to kill you or anyone else. If I go in thinking that I have only one man in mind to kill before I die, then I'll have no trouble pulling the trigger on myself."

Brian came up stairs. "You won't have to." He put the new drug in front of her. "If you can remember to take this exactly two hours after you take this one," he said placing another drug in front of her, this one marked in red, "then you should instantly pass out and Daniel can find you with the chip. Just make sure you kill him before then and you get somewhere safe to pass out at. Don't wait any longer than two hours. If you do, your mind will be gone, you'll lose control and there is no coming back. And taking you down will take the military."

"So how are you going to get there exactly? A cab, or is Daniel just going to drive you to the front door?" Jack was curious what all they had planned save for just dropping a nuclear bomb in the middle of the city. Even with all their hopes of her being able to get out of this without being psycho and demented, he knew that medicine only got someone so far.

"I'll just take a train. It's easier," she said. "Why are you making a big deal out of this, Jack? If I'm not afraid then you shouldn't be. If I go in and fail, then I'm ok with that. At least I know I tried."

"You really have to ask that, Constance? I don't want you to die." Was she really asking this? How could she be so thick?

Constance smiled. "You worry too much, silly. I'll be back before you know it!" she said sweetly.

Jack took her hand. "Please, Constance. Be safe...okay? And come back to m-...come back to us."

She leaned in and kissed his forehead. "Don't worry, Jack. Give me three days at the most. One to get there, one to get it done, and one to get back," she said. Standing she started upstairs. "I'll leave tonight. Got to pack. It's a long train ride to get straight there."