Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Memoirs of a Necromancer ❯ Boyhood, Mistakes, and Starting School ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Copyright & Disclaimer: This is my own work, with minor inspirations for some of it from the game Wizard101. If you want to understand those minor inspirations, go play the game at www.wizard101.com. Everything else is mine. Likenesses to real people or events is coincidental. If you want more information, email me at FierceWolfDragon@gmail.com. Please ask before using!

Thank you ^_~ Sage-chan

~*~*~*~*~

Masters Venyr and Mortus took very good care of me. Over the next seven years, I had the normal experiences that a young boy should have.

I climbed trees, ran around, got messy, and generally made a nuisance of myself.

The Masters of the Academy never complained too much. I was treated like a young boy, and that in itself was the best remedy for the deeply rooted fear I had of parental figures.

It didn't cure it, but it sure as Hell helped.

~*~*~*~*~

Life passed amicably during those seven years. The students attending the Academy were ill-mannered, spoiled whelps that had enough money to keep it that way.

Any decency one of them might have had was bought out of them by their parents.

I don't blame them. They didn't know any better. It isn't their fault their parents wanted malleable, biddable children.

I do blame the students for making no attempt to fix their behaviors. And the Masters-most of them-for not trying to inspire the proper behavior.

That's what ruined school for her. But I'm not quite there yet. I'll get there in a moment.

~*~*~*~*~

The students were not fond of me for many reasons. First of all, I as always at the Academy and I never had to pay a tuition to be there.

It wasn't that I couldn't. I had taken most of my biological parents' assets with me to the Academy-something they hadn't expected. I'd also taken the thing that made them infamous, but that's a tale for later.

The second reason the students didn't like me was this: I could come into any class at any time and listen in or completely steal the attention of their Master for something I wanted.

Finally, they despised me because I already had the mark of my school on the back of my left hand. Well, in reality, it spans over half my body when I don't keep it hidden, but the most that shows goes up my left fore-arm. Anyway, the other students had to earn their marks.

~*~*~*~*~

I managed to keep out of too much trouble until I turned ten and accidentally cast a medium level spell that Master Mortus had taught the day before.

The Masters were quite surprised. They had not been expecting me to be able to handle it. I think that Mortus and Venyr were secretely pleased, however.

The Masters determined that I would start School the term after the current one. I think, now, that the reasoning behind it was a lack of materials to teach me.

Master Mortus got the end of the funding, so he wasn't able to take as many students. This wasn't particularly fair to the Death School.

Part of the decision may have been that they had not found out in enough time to officially enroll me. I already knew the basics anyway, so they decided to start me in my second year.

Mortus tried to explain that I already knew that materal as well, but only Master Venyr believed him. He was assigned the task of collecting students for all the schools for his attempt to help me.

That's how I came to be in room 755 in the School of Storm when she came.