Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ The Beginning of the End ❯ The Council ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The Beginning of the End
Part 5
 
"Ok, since everyone is rested and well-fed, we must be going," Raryn says, waiting for everyone to get up.

"Wait a minute," Mahiko says. "I can't feel my back right now."

"Well that's what you get for sleeping on a rock," Staim says.

"You said this before. I get it," Mahiko says as he cracks his back a couple of times.
 
"Well Raryn where to next?" says Staim as he sheaths his dagger.
 
Vannaka interrupts the question. "In my recent condition, I don't think I can be of any use, but I will do all I can till I recover," he says as he sheathes his sword to his back. "You may continue, forgive me for interrupting."
 
"Please tell me Vannaka," Raryn says. "Do you sleep with your sword out, or do you just like sheathing it?"
 
"Oh I sleep with it out in case of ambushes for quick fighting." Vannaka says.

"Well I guess that makes a little sense." Raryn says.
 
"Ok," Mahiko says. "Where to now. I mean, we have an army of orcs behind us, Ashura is missing, and that fricken avian abandoned you all in the middle of a battle. Oh wait, I forgot. Syriantus, teleport me to Akiru, I'll see what has happened to him," Mahiko says remember that he said he was going to do that last night.
 
 
Meanwhile: back at Evil Council headquarters place

"Hmm so this is the place he went to, maybe I can finally get some answers about this place," says a white cloaked figure as he opened the front gate to walk in.
 
 
Ashura heard something, and quickly snapped awake. He felt strong again, but not much. He doubted he could pry open the lock, but then shouted at the noise that he heard.

"IS ANYONE THERE? YO OVER HERE!!" Ashura yelled, not sure who was around. Hoping that someone could at least open his cell.
 
The cloaked figure heard Ashura's voice and went to see who it was. "Well, if it isn't a prisoner, first off do you know where someone with long white hair is? Secondly, you caught me in a good mood so you better have an answer," he says as he reached for his scythe.
 
"Hmm, the new guy, ha ha ha ha ha. Reaching for your scythe? Well it better be to open this lock, and set me free, other wise I have nothing to talk to you about," Ashura says as he steps back a bit.
 
The cloaked figure only got madder at this. "Fine, very well, but you are going to have to guide me around this place first," he says as he slashed open the lock.
 
 
Knowing that he could not run from this guy, he decided to do things carefully. "Alright what do you wanna know? Here we have council, right next to the entrance, which would make it easy for someone to come in and blast them, and leave out. He he, and over here on the sides are doorways to cells. Then on the bottom, are all the orc's. Well I told you all I know, now buh bye." Ashura starts heading towards the exit to leave.
 
"Hold on," he says as he puts the blade of his scythe over Ashura's neck. "Take me to where everyone who lives here is, then I will let you go."
 
Feeling the cold blade steel of the scythe upon his neck, he grabs it, and pushes it out of the way. "I don't know where they are, they locked me up and left me. What else do you wanna know?" Ashura says, as he turns to face his would be opponent.
 
"Well then, it looks like you're asking for a fight, if you want one you got one. But it's also honorable to give each others name, so you know who killed you. I am Zlarex Magori Kiino," Zlarex says as he readies his scythe.
 
"The name's Ashura!!!" he shouts as he prepares himself. Hoping that he had not heard the name, and still wants to fight.
 
 
*orcish
"Prisoner has escaped!" an orc guard shouts. "Call for reinforcements!"
 
 
"You hear that? Orc's, either you fight against me, and lose against them, or we both fight against them and get out of here. You're already gonna get in trouble for setting me free. So what do you say?"

Ashura says, hoping he would take the bluff. Still weak, and knows that he would be the only one to help him.
 
"Hmm, since I'm here to meet the council, I'll just take my chances wondering around," Zlarex says as he turns around and bolts down the hall. "Good day to you Ashura."
 
 
"Sir, we have an intruder we might need your help," says an orc

"Well then I will deal with him," Hidalgo says. "Sephiroth, come with me."
 
 
"Crap" Ashura starts running towards the exit, Hoping that he would get out of here,

"Must get out, with the little energy he had left, he could teleport, but who knows where. Nowhere that far, He should use whatever he has left. Two orc's block the exit, not only was the cell anti-religious, but the whole place was. Ashura ran and in the middle of the two, jumped above them, and landed on his shoulder, but no matter, he got up and started running. The exit!!

"Just a little bit more, a little bit more," Ashura makes a mad dash for the exit, "YES!! Now to teleport!"
 
"Not for you little creature," Raabjorn says as he grabs Ashura as he tried to jump to freedom.

"Oh hello there Raabjorn, nice to see that you are well."
 
Ashura quickly spins and kicks Raabjorn, and forces him to let go. But tired, he just falls. "Crap, I need to GO!!" Ashura gets up, and starts dashing away, hoping to escape.

"You won't get anywhere!!" Raabjorn catches up quickly and is about to grab him when he sees a smile on Ashura. But as he is about to make it out, he runs into a well-placed iron bar, knocking himself out.

"Well, what are you waiting for," Haru shouts at the nearest orc. "Return him to his cell and find the one who let him out!"
 
 
"Ah where are these guys?!" Zlarex says as he keeps running down several hallways.
 
 
With swift speed, Okiham gets in front of Ashura as he regains consciousness. "Just remembering that you were once a Council member is insulting!" before Ashura could react he was once again unconscious and back in his cell, this time magically protect from physical attacks.
 
 
"Well what have we here, a group of orcs, and I haven't shed blood in a while, better ease my pain," Zlarex says as he begins to hack away at the orcs with his scythe.
 
"Hey hey hey!" Sephiroth shouts at the newcomer. "Why are you killing the orcs! They don't come cheap you know."

"Oh, so I can't kill them?" Zlarex replies. "Why would you need henchmen anyway? In my opinion, Henchmen make the leader sound weak. If you were a true leader you wouldn't have henchmen do everything for you, you just have to take it yourself. By the way, I need to talk with the leader of this place," he says flinging the orc blood off his scythe.
 
 
~Back in Ashura's cell~
 
"Crap so close, so close to getting away."

Remembering what he heard, "Just remembering that you were a council member is an insult." *sigh* Ashura really hated betrayal, but there was no way he can do bad things anymore. Ashura knew about the God, he was the worst, he needs a body to live in. To be resurrected, the god needed a host.

"No!!!! NOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!" Ashura screamed as he remembered what the council members had tried to once before. The ritual, and his body. He could not believe that he had been fooled. So many thoughts, he must rest now. Ashura goes to sleep, knowing his fate, and accepting it.
 
 
"So these are your leaders huh, anyway, I have been following this white-haired person for quite some time, and I just have to say one thing, I want in," Zlarex says.

"In what?" Raabjorn asks

"You know, "The Council" I mean you want what I want right? Killing, destroying villages and all that."

"Why would we let you in, you set free our prisoner and killed some of my orc's," Sephiroth says.

"You got him back didn't you....and also I can tell you need some more help, well, members."
 
"The Council is made up of highly skilled and highly intelligent being, do you truly believe yourself worthy? Plus, we have little need for new members."
 
"Do I believe I am worthy? Of course, from where I'm from, I am the greatest known threat. And also my brother is in the group you are hunting, and if you plan to kill him along with the others, I'm going to be the one who does it."
 
"Then! You shall be tested! Haru," Okiham calls, "please, be quick."
 
"Another fight eh, well this aught to be interesting, I might even be able to fight this time." Zlarex says as he readies his scythe. "Make your move and don't underestimate me."
 
"Ok, stop this at once," Hidalgo says.

"What? You want to face me?" Zlarex says shaking his scythe menacingly.

"You want to face me?" Hidalgo says. "You want to face me? Are you sure you want to die at the hands of Hidalgo?"
 
"I bet you couldn't even take on my Master, but that's a shame she's dead," Zlarex says trying to agitate him. "But you're gonna have to wait your turn against me Hidalgo, right now I have to take on this guy." Zlarex then disparates and reappears next to Haru and slams him in the side with his blade, making blood fly.

"Good hit but it won't happen again," Haru says.

"Again ok," Zlarex says as he does it again.
 
"Psh, attacking a person that is in the council will not let you in.......so easily!" Haru says as he disappears then reappears right above Zlarex.

"Roar Fire of the depths of hell!" Haru says as he swings his sword in the direction of Zlarex with fire spewing out of his sword.

"Peh," says Zlarex as he lifts his scythe ready to sweep the fire but amazingly Haru sees Hidalgo appear right in front of the fire and with a sweep of his hand dissipates it.

"That's enough Haru," says Hidalgo and he turns around to face Zlarex. "You're good. But even so, we still don't need anymore members, Leave."

"Your joking right. I'm, the one who was about to obliterate that wimp over there into nothing more then dust am not accepted?! Psh, you all are wimps. Afraid of my power. I don't need people like you anyways. " With that Zlarex walks off down the path.
 
"I wish to offer this Zlarex as...a sacrifice to me, he has power. It would be a good cause for bloodletting," says Raabjorn with what appeared to be a smile if you could call it that. "He is quite naive and extremely ignorant of our powers."
 
"Have fun Raabjorn," Haru says. "I need not concern myself with him."

"My pleasure," Raabjorn says as he starts to lumber down the hall after Zlarex. "Prepare yourself little man!"

"What," Zlarex says looking back. "Great, now I have a hulking side of beef after me."

Zlarex turns to stand his ground, but as he does Raabjorn charges. Unable to dodge, Zlarex does the only thing possible. He strikes with a downward strike that cleaves Raabjorn in half. As this happens, Hidalgo appears in front of him, his scythe in hand.

"You shouldn't have done that," Hidalgo says. "You will now face the powers of my scythe, Betty!"

"Betty," Zlarex says as he bursts out in laughter.

"Do not mock his scythe little man," Raabjorn says as he pulls himself back together.
 
"What makes you think I'm scared of a scythe named Betty?! Fool, you're an idiot to concern yourself with me!" says Zlarex as he steps back.
 
"ENOUGH! Enough of this fighting!" Okiham says once again being the one to enforce the rules. "We will vote, once again." Using a type of telepathy they begin their discussion as to not allow Zlarex to hear them.
 
so what shall we do with this Zlarex. He says he is the brother of one in that group. "speaks" Raabjorn.

We may be able to use him to our advantage, he does seem to possess an unrefined and tiny glimmer of actual talent, a talent that could become like ours, with the right guidance. "responds" Hidalgo
 
I still don't like him. We need to put him to the test. "voices" Haru

Well, with our upcoming campaign, we could use him. Though he will need to apologize about my orcs. "says" Sephiroth
 
His test could always be how he does in battle. "mentions" Okiham. I say we let him in for this and see how he does and if he still wants to be apart of us after.
 
Ok. "replies" Hidalgo. We will let him come with use.

Who let you decide. "says" Haru. This is supposed to be voting time.

And you disrespect one of the founding fathers of this? "questions" Raabjorn. If I remember correctly, it was he who let you join.
 
Voting is our law... I vote yes. Okiham "replies" once AGAIN being the law enforcer.
 
"Hello, anyone remember I am here," Zlarex says.

I vote yes as well. "says" Hidalgo. We could use him as cannon fodder to get rid of some people.

"Hello, do you even care that I can't understand what is going on," Zlarex says with increasing anger.

Me too. "says" Raabjorn. Though if he don't work out, can I eat him?

"Oh for crying out loud, stop with the telepathy."

What about you, Haru? "asks" Okiham.

"You know, if you talk about me, it would be nice to know what it was about."

"You can come with us when we leave on our quest," Haru states. "Just stop with the complaining or I'll feed you to Raabjorn. He's hungry."
 
"It's about damn time!" says Zlarex

"But, Keep in mind, we will be judging you on your performance on the battlefield today. Prove yourself and we will accept you," Okiham throws in.

"Well then, shall we be going now?" suggests Sephiroth.
 
"What exactly are we going to be killing?" asks Zlarex.

"Like you said, does it matter what we kill, since this is just a test of battlefield, so maybe we will destroy a village or something," Sephiroth says.
 
"And as a matter of fact we are going to kill your brother's little group for impeding my plans."

"Now now Sephiroth," Hidalgo says. "Our main goal is to see our plans to frutation, then we get to kill them."
 
"If we continue to wait, we may miss our opportunity," Okiham says calmly yet impatiently.
 
"Ok," Hidalgo says. "Everyone into the next room and onto the transportation pad. It will take us to our base of operations in the Algoranian Mountains, where the orcs and the Cult of the Red Death await us. Also, fetch the prisoner, we need him."

In the span of several minuets, everything is ready.

"Everything is ready, let us be off. Zanlagunaba!" Hidalgo shouts to activate the transporter.