Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ The Beginning of the End ❯ Saving the World and Stuff ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The Beginning of the End
Part 6
 
"Seeing as I am entering battle, it feels like I can lower my hood," Zlarex says as he pulls his hood off his head to reveal that he has jet black hair that reaches his shoulder blades, the dashes on his cheeks are in the shape of lightning, a lone fang was shown over his lips, one of his elongated ears had a earring on it, and his pupils were as pail as snow. "Send me in when ready," Zlarex says as he turned to look at Hidalgo.
 
"It's about time you got here," a voice says from behind Zlarex. "You sent a message yesterday. And I expected you yesterday."

"My dear Syleradin, sorry to keep you waiting like that, but we had some trouble yesterday," Hidalgo says indicating Zlarex. "This guy here wants in, and we're going to see if he is of the right material."
 
"I see," replies Syleradin as she circles around Zlarex to better gauge his strength. "The group of fools resides over in the clearing off to the left. Is everyone in place for the attack?"
 
"Finally," says Sephiroth. "I get to take my anger for them out. Yes!"

"Yes, that is a good idea," Okiham says. "Syleradin, will you take the prisoner to the Cult of the Red Death for me. We have a bargain with them for it."
 
"Fine," replies Syleradin. "But you had better save me some fighting for when I return."

"We'll try to, but I do have a strong urge to kill. It feels like it has been ages since last I got to stretch my muscles for a good fight. Hopefully they won't disappoint," says Hidalgo.
 
"Since I'm being tested, do you wish for me to take the first strike?" Zlarex said as he took a few steps forward to see the surroundings.
 
"No," says Hidalgo. "We lie in wait and ambush them when they least expect it."

Back the Heroes:

"Does anyone know where we are heading?" asks Raryn.

"Not really, I just sort of choose this path at random," replies Mahiko.
 
"Well, wherever we're going they had better have food," Vannaka says as he clutches his stomach.

"Why didn't you eat when we woke up?" Syriantus asked.

"I don't remember anymore..."
 
"No matter," replies Mahiko. "Here." Mahiko hands him a half loaf of bread.
 
"Thanks," Vannaka says as he take the bread. "Also Mahiko, didn't you say we were going to find Akiru first before we left?"
 
"God damn it!" Mahiko shouts. "I keep forgetting that...should we do it now?"
 
"Oh no, let's just do it later.........of coarse let's do it now." Syriantus says angrily because she forgot to.

"Am I the only one of us who remembered that?" Vannaka asked curiously to which everyone nods in agreement and shame.
 
"Ok then, I'll prepare the spell," Syriantus says as she starts with the preparations. "It shouldn't take but a moment."
 
 
"If we don't strike now we might loose them." Zlarex says while crouching.

"Almost time, be patient, wait till the samurai goes in." Hidalgo responds.
 
 
"Well, I'm off," Mahiko says as he begins toward the portal. "Is there a way to get back Syriantus?"

"What? Oh a way back," Syriantus says. "Here you go then." She hands Mahiko a charm. "This charm has copy of the portal spell in it. Use it once you find Akiru to get back."

"Thank you, see you all later then," Mahiko says as he steps through the portal and vanishes.

"Well what now?" asks Raryn.

"We wait," replies Vannaka.
 
 
"Since they are just sitting there, I'm going after them." Zlarex says as he readies his scythe and jumps off the cliff and disparates.
 
"Wait, get back here," Hidalgo says following Zlarex.
 
 
Zlarex reappears in the middle of the party and punches Syriantus hard in the face and knocking her out. "Who's next?" Zlarex says as he looks at Vannaka.

"Ho-how in the hell did you get here?" Vannaka says as looking terrified while trying to grab his sword.

"Vannaka who is this?!" Raryn asks while trying to wake Syriantus.

"He's my brother, I know I haven't mentioned him but he's very dangerous, so let me deal with him." Vannaka says as he stands up while gripping his sword.

"Ahh, I will accept your challenge, but first, we can't have any intrusions." Zlarex says as black tears fall from his eyes creating a barrier so that everyone in the party can't assist Vannaka. "Now, where were we?"
 
"Zlarex what are you doing!" Hidalgo shouts as he appears between Zlarex and Vannaka. "You are disrupting the plan!"

"Who are you!" demands Vannaka. "What plan? Why is he here? Where did you both come from!?"

"Shut up, worthless being!" Hidalgo says as he hits Vannaka in the head with the butt end of his scythe. "Zlarex get out of here and join the others, it is not yet time for this."

"But..."Zlarex begins.

"No buts," Hidalgo replies. "This plan must be handled delicately, we must first deal with Ashura and the Cult of the Red Death. Then it is them. Now get going."

Zlarex vanishes.

"Now, all those who are awake still, goodnight. You won't remember any of this when you wake. Ganbotanigan!"
 
Vannaka drops his sword and joins the rest of the party on the ground asleep as the barrier disappears.

"That could have been my only chance to kill him!" Zlarex says angrily.

"Don't worry you will get another chance later, but first, as I said we need to take care of the Ashura thing and I wont see you going out of line again." Hidalgo replies.

"Fine! I'll play by your rules for now, if it's the only way to join your group, I have no choice."
 
 
Several hours later:

"You know, you could have told us about your insane brother," Raryn says. "And we would have been more prepared about what recently happened."
 
"The problem is I don't even know how I got to this world, so I figured he couldn't be here, but the only thing I know for sure about him is that he is filled with the entire Dark Matter Fountain, its what makes him evil." Says Vannaka as he is sitting under a tree with dazed eyes.
 
"Well that clears up a lot," states Raryn.

"What do you mean?" asks Staim. "I been all over this realm and never heard of this 'Dark matter fountain.'"

"Well that just means that he, and Vannaka are from another realm entirely. I believe it is the demonic realm."

"How did you know?" asks a startled Vannaka.

"Well, it is because......wait! Everyone quiet. There are people over there in the bushes. Come out! We know you are there!" Raryn shouts.

At the call, two ninjas appear.
 
 
~~~Back with Mahiko~~~

"...What the hell is up with this place?" Mahiko says getting very frustrated. "I've been walking around for hours, it's like a maze in here.. AKIRU!!! ARE YOU HERE?" Mahiko continues to walk along in this "maze".
 
After several hours and forks in his path, Mahiko declared that he was indeed, lost. "Great. I come to look for you and you hide in a maze. You hear that Akiru. You hide from the person who is here to return you to your companions and you leave me lost in a maze! Damn you Akiru," he shouts with a hint of remorse.
 
A few more hours of searching lead Mahiko to a wide clearing. "Akiru are you here!" he shouts.

"Mahiko? Is that you?" Akiru replies.

"Akiru, where are you?" he asks looking around for Akiru.

"Look up."
 
"What the Hell are you doing there? Why are you here? How did you get here? And Where in hell is HERE?" Mahiko starts questioning Akiru rapidly.
 
"Well, to answer your questions in order," Akiru begins, "What I am currently doing is hanging upside down from a giant spider web. Why I am here is because as I was flying to safety, I was captured by a giant spider. That answer goes double for how I got here. And I don't know where we are. Now if you would be so kind as to GET ME DOWN FROM HERE!"
 
Mahiko looks around. Finally deciding that the coast is clear, he cuts Akiru down from the web.

"Thanks," says Akiru ruffling his wings.

"Okay, so tell me, why did you flee from battle?" asks Mahiko.
 
"It was an impossible battle," Akiru replies. "We were surrounded on all sides by orcs, we were all exhausted, and I just took up the leadership role and called for a retreat."

"Did you forget that no one but you could fly," states Mahiko.

"Oh, there is that," Akiru says ashamed. "Did everyone make it out alive?"

"Yes, luckily."
 
"That's a relief, but now we need to get out of here," Akiru says while looking in all directions.

"I agree, I was ready to leave the minute I got here," Mahiko states.
 
Mahiko explains about the transportation amulet to Akiru. They both grab it when suddenly the great spider appears the two ready their weapons and prepare to fight.
 
 
Back with the others:

"Ok," Raryn says to the two ninjas. "Who are you and why have you been trailing us?"
 
"You seem somewhat familiar, have I seen you before?" Vannaka says as he stands up to get a better look.

"Yes you have, don't you remember us? You assaulted us in the forest a few days ago," says one of the ninjas.
 
"Oh, that was probably because of the bug, sorry for that then," Vannaka apologizes. "Now your names are?"

"I am Chaos," one replies.

"And I am Blue Draceal," replies the other.
 
"So why are you following us. Do you seek revenge for him attacking you in the forest?" asks Syriantus as she moves up to the front to inspect them.

"We merely want to aid you in your quest. We overheard you speak of the Council of Evil, we too are after them. We wish to destroy them for what they did to our master."

"I see. Well, you can stay with us for now, until our other members join back up with us and we can discuss this over," responds Raryn.
 
"Hooray!" the two ninjas shout as a pair of flesh eating plants shoot out from the underbrush, eating the upper half of both ninjas.

"Well that was unexpected," Raryn says.
 
"Holy Shit!" Staim shouts.
 
Wide eyed, Vannaka takes out his amulet. "Now that's just wrong!" he says as he points his amulet and fire shoots out and catches the plant on fire. "Do you think we should clean this up, or just leave these things here?"

"To much trouble, let's just throw them back into the forest," Raryn says.
 
 
~Back to Mahiko and Akiru~

"Why did it have to be spiders!" Mahiko shouts as he slashes at the hulking beast only to find its skin to be hard as the steel his sword was made of.
 
"Well.. Aren't you just the hard ass..." Mahiko sarcastically states. "Let's see how you like my fire!" Mahiko concentrates for a second and starts throwing some above average temp fire at the giant spider.
 
"Mahiko, send some fire this way" Akiru asks as he steadies his bow towards the giant beast.

"Can do." Mahiko says back as he builds up a giant fireball and then shoots it over to Akiru's arrow tip. Akiru shoots the arrow straight into the beast's temple and the fire quickly seeps inside the beast's head.
 
"Well, whether that kills it or not, it at least gives us the time to get out of here." Mahiko takes out the scroll grabs Akiru and begins to read it.
 
 
"Ok, here we are," Raryn says as he looks over a ridge. "The central base for the RDF take over."

"How do you know that?" Vannaka asks.

"Look at the sign over there," Raryn says as he points to a sign.

"Come all members of the Cult of the Red Death, the time for conquest is nigh," the sign reads.

"Wow, and they wonder why they can't keep things secret now-a-days," Vannaka replies. "On another note, when do you think Mahiko will be back with Akiru?"

"Oh I would say in about a few more seconds," Raryn replies as Mahiko and Akiru materialize before them.
 
"Raryn you cheater, you saw the portal open," Mahiko says which explains how Raryn knew. "So what's up with you guys?" Mahiko looks around. "What did you do to those two?"
 
"We didn't, it was done by some giant plants, and no, that's not a lame excuse," Vannaka said.

"Wow wow, I didn't say anything like that," Mahiko said walking toward the group.

"Did I miss anything important?" Akiru asked while stepping out from behind Mahiko.

"Yah, only that Vannaka's brother is completely insane," Raryn says while standing up.

"So there's a brother? What's his name?" Akiru asks.

"I don't want to talk about it, let's just get back to what we came here for."
 
"Ok, well now that everyone is here," Raryn begins. "Let's go and finish destroying the RDF. I don't like them."

"No one does Raryn," says Mahiko. "But yes, let's go, lest they manage to do something to stop us."

~A few minutes later~

"Wow, and I really thought your plan for a direct attack would work Mahiko," Raryn says as he and the group are hauled into the citadel of the RDF, bound, and unarmed.
 
"Maybe it's working better then you think, Raryn," Mahiko says smiling.
 
"How could it be working?! Your idea was attack head on, but we got captured! But if you have more to the plan please fill me in," Vannaka says as he is on his side being dragged along the citadel floor.
 
"Oh I see," says Nyxrith.

"Wait, the drunk understands more then I do!" Vannaka shouts.

"They are taking us to whoever is in charge. So once we get there, we free ourselves and attack. Isn't that right Mahiko?"

"Um.....well.....let's just go with that," Mahiko replies.

~Some time later~
"How big do you think this citadel is?" asks Raryn. "Because we've been dragged for a good long time."
 
"You know, that's a good question, if this is a evil base for the RDF, wouldn't they want to keep it a secret and hard to find, instead of this rather large citadel?" Vannaka asks.
 
"No, these crazy religions are all the same," Raryn says. "They feel that the bigger their temples and number of worshipers, the stronger they are in the world. Ah, it looks like we are coming to a stop."

And sure enough the heroes captures had arrived at a central viewing room, complete with grisly wall artistry and an overall evil outlook. And sitting on a raised dais, a throne with a figure strewn in shadow sits.

"Well, it seems that we shall now see who is in charge."
 
"Hello everyone," says Ashura, with his eyes a different color, along with his body in a demonic shape. Red eyes, full of glow, teeth sharper than before, his hair more pointy, his body darker, and made of steel.

"I...it....it's," staggered Raryn.

"The name is Alsavan.....Fools, and all of you are here, so I can finish you off now," says Ashura. His RDF members with swords, maces, and etc, ready to kill off the members.

"Wait how are you..." Nyxrith attempts to speak.

"ATTACK!" screams the Alsavan/Ashura, cutting off the drunkard.

The RDF members charged at the group, and swung their swords, all of them of higher level now, the god Alsavan not only gave his powers to Ashura, but also to all the RDF members.
 
 
"Oh Damn this can't be good!" Vannaka says as he does something like the worm on his back the jumps up to his feet, then does a jump kick knocking out the RDF member that was dragging him. "Great now how do I get untied?!"
 
"Wait one moment," Mahiko says as he readies himself. "HA!" he shouts setting all the ropes binding the heroes on fire.

"My thanks to you Mahiko," Raryn says,. "Though next time, please try not to torch everyone.

With the army of RDF members rushing them, the party readies themselves. All were unarmed.

"I think that we need some weapons," Staim says. "Or I think we won't last long."

"In that case," Raryn says as he opens his portal. "I have guitars enough for everyone. And some of them have very sharp edges."
 
"No need for me!" Mahiko says, "I have a spiritual bond with Daikonran." Mahiko starts concentrating and emitting a strange pulse, a few moments later there is a loud crash through the floor and there his sword is, right in front of him. "No magic can conceal Daikonran, it is too powerful for that!"
 
"This is pretty useful, but I like swords more." Vannaka says as he quickly touches the guitar with his amulet and transforms it into a less effective version of his sword. "Now which one of you RDF guys has my sword?" He says as he starts a charge against them.
 
"Don't think I won't join the fight," says the new Ashura, as he disappears and appears in front of Vannaka, delivering a knee to his gut. Yet, Ashura/Alsavan sees that his attack had no effect on Vannaka. "Crap," says Alsavan as he steps back, allowing the other RDF members to attack.
 
 
"Don't think I didn't come prepared," he says un-tucking his hakama shirt revealing a piece of steel with an indent from where he was kneed. "Better take this off since it is of no further use," He says while throwing it off his chest. "Ah there you are Totetsu, I was missing you," he says as he threw away the mock sword and cross-chops the RDF member that was holding it. "Now where were we......Ashura is it?"
 
"You shall now see the awesome might of the god Alsavan!" Ashura shouts as he is slowly engulfed in flames and darkness, growing to a height of 20 odd feet. "You shall all perish!" the Alsavan avatar shouts as it strikes with a gigantic mace, crushing Raryn.

"Yeah, missed me," Raryn says appearing just to the left of Alsavan, within a large group of RDF men.

"RAW!" the Alsavan shouts as it strikes again, pulverizing all in its path.

"You really should watch for your opponents," Raryn says appearing on Alsavan's shoulder. "Else wise you won't hit what you want."
 
"Hah! I understand!" Mahiko says agreeing with Raryn. "You see, you are very large, and very strong, but with such a large body it is impossible to move at great speeds!" Mahiko dodges an attack by Alsavan. "You will never be able to hit us like that!"
 
"Oh, won't I," the Alsavan thing says as he splits into seven smaller variants of it. "Now face the might of mini Alsavan!"
 
"Ha! A seventh of Alsavan means a seventh of Alsavan's power!" Mahiko says as he engages in battle with one.
 
"Nice thinking Mahiko, I'll join in now!" Vannaka says as he slams his sword twice on the ground to surround it with fire and lightning, then engages battle with one of the avatars.
 
One by one, the heroes engage the mini Alsavans. And one by one they gain the upper hand.

"Crap!" one of the Alsavans shouts. "We must do something!"
 
"There is nothing you can do, You were weak, you were foolish, you don't deserve to be called a god!" Mahiko said as he threw a final blow to the second to last mini Alsavan. "Only one left!"
 
"Ha ha ha ha ha!" the mini Alsavan shouts. "You think you have beaten me, well think again, for now you must face my true form!"

"What does he mean by that?" Syriantus asks.

"Oh, it is the customary 'I am not beaten yet for you still have to face another form of me that is more powerful then my last one' speech that most evil people say when you defeat them," Raryn explains as the mini Alsavan starts to expand, growing larger and larger by each passing moment.

"Why don't we just attack now," Staim says.

"Because that would blow the whole purpose of fighting a god enemy," Raryn explains. "And also, the will of the writer won't allow it."

"Well that sucks. Curse you writer, whoever you are. Curse you!"
 
"The writers are just trying to annoy us......and it's working," Vannaka says as he shakes his fist in the air.

"I hate writers, anyway back to what we were doing," Mahiko says.
 
"Hey look," Raryn says pointing toward Alsavan. "I think he is finished with his transformation."

"How can you tell," Mahiko says. "He looks the same to me."

"GARARAROGA!" Alsavan shouts.

"He sounds different, that must mean something."

"Whatever, let's just get this over with," Mahiko says as he rushes Alsavan closely followed by Nyxrith and Staim.

"This will be a great fight," Nyxrith says. "I can just feel it."

"You ain't just whistling dixie my friend," Staim says. "This will be the highlight of my life for many years to come."

And so the battle to save the world begins.
 
 
"I have the strangest feeling that it won't be the end after we defeat him," Syriantus says casting several spells at Alsavan.

"Don't underestimate the power of a God!" Alsavan yells as he strikes down.

Neatly dodging it, Vannaka leaps onto his hand and starts up his arm. "You might have a point, my brother couldn't have appeared for no reason earlier."
 
 
"The fighting gets fiercer and fiercer. Our heroes continue to fight the awesome might of the god Alsavan, yet their attempts are slowly failing them. They are not managing to do any harm to the god incarnate. They are slowly losing the battle........"

"Raryn! Stop telling the story and get over here and help us now!" Mahiko says as he dodges the hail of attacks that Alsavan's new form deals out.

"Ok, be there in a moment," Raryn says as he draws a guitar in the shape of his sword. "Here I come!"
 
 
"This is getting nowhere for me!" Vannaka says as he stands on Alsavan's shoulder trying to cut threw. "I need another sword!" he says as he activates the sword charm of his amulet. "This might be a little easier or it might not," he says as he starts to hack away at Alsavan's skin with both his swords.
 
 
"Go for his legs!" Staim shouts to Nyxrith "We might be able to topple him!"

"Ok!" Nyxrith replies as he goes and starts hacking away at Alsavan's legs with his battle axe.

"Now here I come Alsavan!" Staim shouts as he joins Nyxrith. After a little while, they have gotten nowhere.

"This is going nowhere!" Staim shouts desperately, unwillingly drawing Alsavan's attention. He delivers a kick at Staim which he dodges, only to put himself in line of Alsavan's mace.

"Watch out!" Nyxrith shouts as he hits Staim from behind throwing Staim out of the way but putting himself in direct line of the mace. The mace sends Nyxrith clear across the room to strike the stone of the wall. All the while from above, Akiru is shooting Alsavan full of magic infused arrows.

"Why is nothing working!" he shouts as Alsavan grabs him out of the air.

"Pitiful creature!" Alsavan shouts as he crushes Akiru like an insect, then tosses him to the ground.
 
"There as got to be a weak spot somewhere!" Mahiko says trying to look him over. "That's it! Vannaka try his eyes!" he yells trying to get his attention.
 
"Got it!" Vannaka shouts as he nimbly dodges Alsavan's attacks and once again grabbing purchase on Alsavan's arms. "His eyes are mine!" In one swift move, Vannaka rushes up Alsavan's arm and slashes both his eyes from his head.

"GRAWG!" the blind Alsavan shouts.

"Everyone, back away," Raryn shouts. "Syriantus, if you have an amplification spell, please use it on me!"

"Got it," she replies. "Here you go! Pelatlificious!"

"Thanks," Raryn shouts amid the scream of Alsavan. "I hope that this will return him to his original form and banish Alsavan back to his prison." An instant later, Raryn begins to play. At first it is a soft and slow melody, calming the mighty Alsavan. Then slowly, Raryn begins to pick up the speed of the song. Through some strong impulse the members of the party begin to chant an ancient song of sealing.

"In the blackest depths thou hast spawned. And in the blackest nights, thou hath desecrated. For to long, thy malevolent spirit has toyed with creation and its results. For you, who hath destroyed, who hath forced others to destroy. We bind you with the seventh seal; your mind. We bind you with the sixth seal; your future. We bind you with the fifth seal; your power. We bind you with the forth seal; your body. We bind you with the third seal; your influence. We bind you with the second seal; your soul. And we bind you with the first seal; your destiny!"
 
 
Mahiko runs up to where the sealing spell was taking place and threw a small coin towards it. "Did you forget that you have to provide an object for the seal to sealed into or else it can be easily broken from the inside?" Mahiko asks Raryn.
 
"Not this spell Mahiko," Raryn replies. "This one seals himself within his own spirit, allowing his own power to keep him in check."

"Where did you learn this Raryn," Syriantus asks. "I've never heard of this spell."

"It is the 'sealing spell of seven,'" Raryn replies. "It is an ancient spell that has all but vanished from this world."

"Well, whatever," Staim says. "Now that Alsavan is beaten, what now?"

The party looks over to where Alsavan was and see that he has faded away to nothing. Leaving the battered body of Ashura behind.

"Hey look!" Raryn shouts. "Ashura's back."

"He looks like he'll be out for awhile though," Mahiko says. "And the main event is about to start."

"What do you mean?" Vannaka asks.

"We have another being coming toward us. And he is stronger then the Alsavan we just faced."