Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ One Of The Boys ❯ A crush on Hunny part 2 ( Chapter 15 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
"And your fortune is...AH MY DEAR! I see love in your future!" Tamaki said aloud, as he clutched his guest’s hand. She blushed wildly, and looked down.
"W-with who, Tamaki?" she asked, looking at the ground, unable to meet his eyes.
"Why my dear, with me of course!" he told her, and she and the other guests screamed in adoration.
Haruhi, who was a few tables away, shook her head in exasperation.
Kai nudged her, and grinned.
"At least it’s Tuesday!" Kai said, grinning at the irony in her voice.
Haruhi glared at her, and they both cleaned up their tables since the guests were leaving. They looked over to where Hunny and Mori were sitting, and sighed.
Hunny wasn't looking any better. He looked as though he hadn't slept in days. The only salvation keeping him going seemed to be his sweets.
Mori never left his side more than an instant, and he too looked as though he never slept.
The twins approached Kai and Haruhi, holding a few tarot cards.
Their faces were gleaming with mischief.
Tamaki's remaining guests had left and the atmosphere was a relaxed one.
"So, we were playing around with Tamaki's tarot cards" the twins said, whispering to Kai and Haruhi.
Kouya looked over from his computer, and walked over with interest.
Hunny and Mori, who hadn't heard anything, remained seated.
"It turns out...Hunny and Reiko are perfect for each other! Ultra love match!" they said, and showed them the cards.
Kai and Haruhi giggled, and Kouya shook his head.
"You know, I wouldn't indulge in Hunny Sempai's misery. Bad karma you know" Kouya told them, leering at them through his glasses.
The twins chuckled, winking over at Kai.
Kai blushed, looking away and humming to herself. Haruhi laughed at her, enjoying her friend's embarrassment.
"Kai, you should sing for us sometime. It might make Hunny feel better" said Kouya suggestively, as he pulled out a video camera.
"Is that your way of telling me you want to sell me and music to the guests?" Kai asked him, rolling her eyes as if she could see the money symbols in his eyes.
"But of course!" he told her, grabbing her a stool and a guitar.
"Really Sempai? I don't think it would cheer Hunny up!" she said, and turned her head as she felt a tug on her sleeve. A forlorn looking Hunny stared up at her, his eyes big and on the verge of tears.
"Please sing for me Kai! I would really love it" he said, wiping his eyes and hugging her waist.
Kai stared down at him, indecisive.
After staring into his amber eyes for a few seconds, she gave in.
"Fine. But just for you, Sempai" she said, going to the stool, grumbling to herself.
"Dang, Hunny knows how to work the ladies" said the twins, lifting both their brows at the scene.
Kai sat on the stool and looked at the guitar.
"Where the hell did you get this?" she asked Kouya, picking it up and testing the strings.
"I'm rich silly" he said, shooing at her and taking a seat with his video camera.
"I don't know what to sing though!" she said, staring around unsure of herself.
"Let's go Kai! Just pick something from off the top of your head!" said Haruhi, cheering on her best friend.
Kai stared at the twins for a brief moment, their faces lit with excitement.
She looked at Hunny, and smiled.
Strumming her guitar, she began to sing.
Your song by Elton John
"It's a little bit funny, this feeling inside
I'm not one of those, who can easily hide
I don't have much money, but boy if I did
I'd buy a big house where we both could live
If I was a sculptor, but then again no,
Or a man who makes potions in a traveling show
I know it's not much, but it's the best I can do
My gift is my song and this one's for you
And you can tell everybody, this is your song
It may be quite simple but now that it's done
I hope you don't mind, I hope don't you mind
That I put down in words
How wonderful life is while you're in the world
I sat on the roof and kicked off the moss
Well a few of the verses, well they've got me quite cross
But the sun's been quite kind while I wrote this song,
It's for people like you, that keep it turned on.
So excuse me forgetting, but these things I do
You see I've forgotten, if they're green or they're blue
Anyway the thing is, what I really mean
Yours are the sweetest eyes I've ever seen.
And you can tell everybody, this is your song
It may be quite simple but now that it's done
I hope you don't mind, I hope don't you mind
That I put down in words
How wonderful life is while you're in the world!".
She finished, letting the last note on the guitar die away. Everyone was cheering, as she took a bow.
Hunny rushed to her, hugging her from the waist.
"Thank you Kai-Chan! I feel a lot better now!" he told her, as he smiled up at her.
"Awe your welcome Sempai. I want you to remember something for me, okay?" she asked him, bending down slightly so she could be eye level.
"What?" he asked, smiling as he hugged his bunny tightly to his chest.
"Even though Reiko's crush seems a little extreme, she is still just a girl with a crush. She isn't any different from any of our guests. Next time you see her, be charming and talk to her!" Kai told him, patting his head.
He nodded, looking determined to fix the issue at hand. Mori smiled at Kai, and walked over to Hunny and patted him on the head.
"Let's go find her" he told Hunny, and he lifted him up on his shoulders.
They waved goodbye and left the room to look for Reiko.
Tamaki walked over, smiling merrily.
"That was great Kai! It definitely lifted our spirits around here" he said, gesturing wildly around the room.
"I agree. And now I have some footage for the Host Club DVD set! I can see the profits now!" he said, very chipper with how things were going to turn out for him.
He clicked the CD out of the camera, and proceeded to upload it to his computer.
Haruhi waltzed up to her, sticking her tongue out.
"What?" Kai asked, glaring at her friends knowing expression.
"Oh nothing. It's just...all I've ever heard you sing aloud are love songs" she snickered, holding her sides.
Kai glared and was about to say something, but she was interrupted.
The twins snuck up behind her, linking their arms across her shoulders.
"So what would we have to do to get you to sing for us?" they asked huskily in her ear, a scheme already in there head.
Haruhi laughed, and said,
"Good luck. You'd have to butter her up before she would do anything!".
Kai glared at her best friend, and looked back to the twins who were already huddled together.
"How about we'll see?" she asked them, poking her head in their huddle.
"DEAL!" they said, glomping her to the ground.
"Can't...feel...RIBS" she huffed, as she was sprawled on the ground.
Haruhi helped her up, laughing the whole time.
"I hope you realize that sooner or later it’s going to happen to you" Kai muttered to her, as the twins rushed over to see the video Kouya had made. They began to argue with Tamaki or how to design the DVD cover.
"What's going to happen?" Haruhi asked her, confused by Kai's smug expression.
"You and Tamaki" she whispered into her ear, making Haruhi go red.
Kai laughed, walking to the door of the room.
Opening it, she came face to face with a happy looking Hunny and Mori.
"Well, how did it go?" she asked them, crossing her arms and looking up at them.
"She's going to be my new guest!" said Hunny, smiling happily as he jumped on Mori and went to grab some cake.
Kai smiled, and walked back over to Haruhi.
"Well are we going to hitch the bus home now?" asked Kai, as she grinned mischievously at Haruhi.
"Yeah, I don't see why not" Haruhi said, as she got up from her chair.
Kai stuck out her leg, and tripped her best friend.
Haruhi landed with a thud, and everyone looked up from what they were doing,
"Haruhi are you okay? Oh no I think your ankle is swelling! You can't walk on it like that!" Kai told her, putting her acting skills to the test.
"W-what? I'm fine!" she said, glaring at Kai as she was swarmed by Tamaki.
"Nonsense! You could be hurt! Here, I'll give you a ride home today!" Tamaki told her, as he scooped her up in his arms, and carried her to the door.
"See you all tomorrow!" Tamaki waved, as he carried a pissed off Haruhi to his limo.
Everyone grinned, and Kai laughed evilly as she grabbed her book bag.
"Bye guys!" she said, as she walked out the door and headed down the hall.
"And where do you think you’re going?" asked the twins, as they ran up to her and wrapped arms around her waist.
"Um..Home!" she said, smiling sheepishly.
"Well we will drive you" they told her, already steering her in the direction of the parking lot.
"Twice in one week? People might start talking" she said lightly, as they held both of her hands and walked towards the limo.
"And?" said Hikaru, squeezing her hand and grinning at her.
"It's not like they would be incorrect, anyways" said Kaoru, kissing her head as he basically pushed her into the limo.
She was snug in between the twins, holding both their hands.
Laying her head back against the cushions, she laughed to herself.
"What's so funny" the twins asked, leaning in to her curious.
"Everything. But mostly Haruhi and Tamaki" she giggled, recalling Haruhi's expression as Tamaki picked her up.
"Oh yeah! I wonder how she fell" they said, laughing as they leered suspiciously at her.
"I'm innocent!" she told them, although not being real convincing.
"Sure" they said, wrapping arms around her, pulling her close.
She sighed, feeling content being with them like this. She looked out the window, thinking deeply.
She loved them. She knew that much. She didn't know how they felt though. They cared for her of course, and obviously lusted. Not that she didn't lust either. But where were they going to end up? Married? Yeah like that was a logical conclusion. Marrying brothers? Having children?
Her head was rushing with all the cynical things she was thinking.
Damn life was complicated.
"You’re sure thinking awfully hard" observed Hikaru, as he tilted his head onto hers.
"Yeah, your eyes are all glazed over" said Kaoru, as he touched her cheek.
"Just thinking I guess. Life is too complicated sometimes" she told them, sighing as her thoughts began to make her heart heavy.
"Or maybe..." said Hikaru, leaning in to her ear.
"You’re over thinking it too much" said Kaoru, as he brushed his lips over hers. She closed her eyes and smiled.
If only that was it.
"Maybe your right" she told them, although not really convincing herself.
"3 more days until we see your house! Yay!" they said, grinning in anticipation.
"Yep. Though I don't see why it's such a big deal" she told them, rolling her eyes and laughing.
They chuckled, and leaned into her snuggling.
It all would come together eventually. Let's just hope she didn't fall apart in the process...