Peach Girl Fan Fiction ❯ Momorella ❯ Ch 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

***********

Momorella

By: Megalabisia

Chapter 5

As usual at night she took her garden walk through the maze. She was lost in thought when she came upon a small waterfall. It was so beautiful she decided to sit on the grass and watch it for a while.

Lost in thought she didn't notice another being coming close and sitting beside her.

"Lovely isn't it?" The male voice spoke.

"Huh." She yelled startled.

"I'm sorry." He said.

`Why does he sound so familiar?' she wondered.

"Are you new here?" He asked. "I don't think I've seen you before."

"Y-Yes." She managed. She was taken with his beauty.

"What's your name?" He asked.

"Momo." She said.

He smiled at her.

"Momo what?" he said.

"Adachi." She smiled. "And you are?"

"Kiley Okayasu." He said while trying to bow in a sitting position.

"Okayasu? Like Goro Okayasu?" She asked.

"Yeah." He said in a nonchalant tone.

"Are you the brother?" She asked.

"Yeah, came to visit a few days. I'm glad he let you out Momo." He said smiling at her.

"Then it was you?" She asked.

He smiled a handsome smile. "Yes it was me."

Before he knew it she was in his arms and he had fallen backwards on the ground. She was sobbing. He didn't know what else to do but hold her and try to comfort her.

"Thank you." She choked out. "I was so scared… Am still so scared. Please say you'll be here long I can be strong when I know you're here." She confessed.

He smoothed her hair. "I'll be here as long as you want Momo." He soothed her.

***********

Back in her room she was humming. Misao had stopped by and was sitting on her bed.

"You are in a much better mood miss." She said.

"I found him." She said.

"Who?" She asked curiously.

"My pumpkin." She said.

"So he is real? Where?" She asked.

"During my walk in the garden." Momo said. "He is the Lord's brother." She added.

"Really?" Misao asked. "How do you feel about him?" She asked.

"He's just a friend. I have someone I'm in love with." She said.

"Oh who?" Misao asked.

"Your royal highness Prince Tojikamori." She said in a girly tone.

Misao giggled. "Well that's sweet. Just don't fall in love with Kiley." She warned.

Momo watched for a moment but decided not to press the issue. "How bout you? Love anyone?" She asked giggling.

Misao smiled a wistful smile. "Yes. My boyfriend Ryo." She said with a sigh.

"You have a boyfriend?" Momo was surprised. "What are you doing in the service of the worlds greatest letch?"

"Same as you probably. I was sold into his care by my uncle who couldn't pay the rent or care for the other children. Goro offers high prices for what he wants. It was a small sacrifice to make. I dream of the day Ryo earns enough money to buy my freedom." Misao had become teary eyed.

Momo reached out and held the slightly older girl.

************

Every night Momo would find Kiley by the waterfall and every night she would sit and talk with him. She was growing fonder of him by the day.

"You are nothing like your brother you know that?" She asked.

"Is that a bad thing?" He asked her.

"No. It's very nice." She smiled at him.

`She's so beautiful.' he thought.

*************

"Can you help me?" Misao asked Momo.

"Sure with what?" She responded.

"I have a letter from my Ryo…" She paused a moment "But I can't read. Can you?" She asked looking a little embarrassed.

"I can't." Momo replied. "I was never allowed to. Why don't you come with me tonight and we can ask Kiley to read it." She suggested.

"Alright." She said.

***********

"Well he sends his love and a very graphic way that he would like to show you love." Kiley said as he read the letter before the two girls.

"And he misses you terribly." He finally finished blushing all over.

"Thank you." Misao said as she stood to leave taking her letter from Kiley.

"This means so much to me father." She said as she left.

Momo was puzzled.

"Father?" She said looking at Kiley.

He seemed to not hear her and started on a different topic. "So you can't read?" He asked.

"No." Momo said blushing.

"It's nothing to be embarrassed about many people can't. I can teach you if you like." He stated.

"I would." She said smiling, and dropping the matter.