Pet Shop Of Horrors Fan Fiction ❯ Horrors of the Thing We Call Love ❯ The Count ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: All characters of Matsuri Akino will be treated with respect and with the knowledge I know of the manga.
 
A.N.: Okay this is my story. Um… sorry about the prologue something happened and I should've done the disclaimer the first time. But anyways, I hope you enjoy! Oh, BTW, this is going to be from both points of view…meaning the Count and Arnua.
 
“So, Arnua is it?” the man asked. The young woman nodded her head; the man looked over the girl. She is so young, he thought. She stood only 5'5 very short compared to the other ladies that walked just out that door. Her brown hair passed shoulders and flowed down her back. She was Asian he could tell by her eyes. Her eyes were amber brown; her eyebrows were delicately arched over them. Her lips were full and pouty, and her face showed a little mischief. “Why did you choose to work here?”
“Oh, I just love animals,” Arnua answered, “And it would be great for my working experience.” She looked him over. He had short straight black hair. He was definitely Chinese, she thought. But he was the most beautiful man she ever seen, and she notice his kimono was as beautiful as he. And he was extremely tall the complete opposite of all the stereotypes she grew up with. Most of them were short and yellow. He was pale and his eyes were purple at least from what she saw. The left eye was covered by his black hair.
“Ah, very well.” The man said, “Oh!” Arnua looked up at him startled. The man slapped his face lightly. “I forgot to introduce myself how rude of me, I am Count D.”
With that he stood up as graceful as a cat. “Please, follow me.”
Arnua did what she was told and followed the Count the a dimly lit hallway to a room full of cats, dogs, birds, reptiles and a few huge tanks full of fish. The birds flew over to her and perched on her shoulders. One of the beautiful parrots had begun to preen her.
“Hey stop that.” Arnua said and giggled a bit, “That tickles you know.”
While the cats and dogs came to greet her, the reptiles and the fishes watched her from a distance with, seemed to her, great interest.
Count D had a different point of view, when most people saw just animals; he saw them in a human form. All they said for ten minutes as he watched her play with them was great things. The girl has a knack for animals, he thought, and they seem to have a knack for her.
“All right now that's enough.” He said and all the animals return to him. Arnua looked at him with a steady gaze, “After much thought and consideration, I decided to hire you as my assistant-“
“Really!” Arnua said getting up in a hurry
“Yes, yes” he said soothingly, “You can start tomorrow afternoon. You will take care of the animals. Feed them, bathe them and such.”
“Oh thank you!” Arnua said, “You don't know how much this means to me…Oh I have class tomorrow… would mind if I come in late?”
“Of course not, come in when you can, we don't get that busy until later on anyway.”
“Thank you.” Arnua said as she walked out the doors, “I'll be here as soon as school is out!” Such a good child, he thought as he watched her go up the stairs, he closed the door.
“Who was that?” a young girl said looking up at him…most people would see her as a golden retriever. He smiled at her
“She a new friend.” He answered her kindly. She looked up at him with blue eyes
“Will, she be here tomorrow?” she asked. He bent down and picked her up
“She'll be here everyday.” ; And then carried her back down to the room, to answer the other animals' questions about the girl.