Pokemon Fan Fiction / Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Pokemon: The Mysterious Game ❯ Chapter 7

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hai, here's chapter six!
I am too tired n' annoyed to put up another disclaimer
Timeline: Another 2 weeks later in the book
Chapter 6: Acquaintance - Meeting again
 
The next day, Misty headed back to the library, dressed in her normal yellow top and jean shorts, carrying a backpack full of clothing and some extra accessories, prepared to reenter the book world.
“This will be so fun.” She said, smiling. “And once this adventure is over I'll get my three wishes!”
She walked to the floor and opened the book, not bothering to glance at it before a red light surrounded her and she was sucked in.
The book fell to the floor with a clatter. However…
She should have noticed the extra writing on the formerly blank pages.
 
“Misty!” Gary said as she landed in his throne room. “We missed you so much!”
Misty blinked. “Gary?”
“It's been four and a half months!”
Misty's jaw dropped. “Four months?! But it was only a day in my world…”
Ruby dashed in, hair sparkling and looking gorgeous as usual. “Misty! You're back! I missed you! Nobody to gossip with!”
Misty laughed and hugged the older girl. “Missed you too! Say, where's Brock?”
Ruby blinked. “Um…” She thought for a few minutes. “Well, Brock left a few weeks ago to earn money.”
“What?! Why, that selfish, impulsive, annoying guy.” Misty said angrily. * Why do I like him? *
“He should have waited for me!”
“Well, yes.” Ruby replied. “I'll show you around while Hotohori finishes up this session, `kay?”
“Okay! So, what's been happening around here?”
“Well…”
 
As Misty and Rudy chatted, Gary frowned. * Misty… can't you see that Brock is just wrong for you? *
However, Misty soon calmed down and announced that she was going to leave the palace to find the Tamahome.
“Are you sure that's wise?”
“Of course! You're coming along with me!” Misty said chirpily. “Let's go!”
“But your majesty!” A counselor protested. “With the Seiryuu no Miko appearing in Kutou, it's not safe!”
Misty's eyes widened. “Seiryuu no miko!?! What do you mean?”
 
“Our spies found out a while ago that Seiryuu no Miko has apparently appeared in Kutou.” Gary said in a harsh voice. “This cannot be.”
“…” Misty blinked.
“Suzaku and Seiryuu have never been able to coexist.”
“But… it might be Ashline!” Misty said, thinking fast. “I should go see her.”
“What?! Taking a step into Kutou would be suicide!” Ruby protested. “It's dangerous!”
“Still… I know! You can come along and protect me!”
“Eh?” Ruby blinked a few times. “Why me?”
“Because! You're pretty and innocent looking!”
Ruby sweatdropped. * She still hasn't figured out my secret… *
“Besides, who would suspect?”
Gary sighed. “I can't leave the palace… all right then. Nuriko, you take the miko to look for Tamahome, before you head to the enemy country. And if anything happens to her…”
Rudy nodded and prostrated herself, before she and Misty left to pack.
 
A few days later, they had located Brock, and now the three of them were heading to Kutou.
It was night, and Misty was soaking in a hot spring when Brock came over.
“AHHH! Pervert!” Misty screamed, ducking underwater.
Brock immediately covered his eyes and started backing away. “I'm sorry! I didn't mean to do anything!”
Misty calmed down a little bit. “Brock?”
“What is it, miko-sama?”
“Please don't call me that. Why don't you love me?” Misty asked.
“I…” Brock hesitated. “I've never had a girl fall in love with me before. I'm not sure what I should do.”
Misty's eyes filled with tears.
“So, I-I didn't know.” Brock continued. “What to say.”
“Oh Brock!” Misty said, feeling relieved, “Can't you see that I love you? Ever since we met, I've loved you!”
Brock began to bawl himself, and the next morning, both were red-eyed when Rudy woke them up.
“Come on, we're almost at the border!”
“Really?” Misty asked.
“Yes! Let's hurry! We can make it to the capital by nightfall!”
“All right!”
 
 
“Amiboshi!”
Amiboshi looked up. “What is it, Nakago-sama?”
Lance closed his eyes. “Can you feel it?”
“Yes… the chi of Suzaku warriors. They're heading towards the palace.”
“Stay out of sight. You and Suboshi both… We cannot let them know that we have gathered the seishi.”
“Hai.” Amiboshi said, bowing his head as he teleported off to his room. He found Suboshi playing with her Ryuuseisui, sending the spindles flying around the room.
“Suboshi, our orders are to stay out of sight until the Suzaku no shichiseishi are gone.”
“Hai, aniki.” Suboshi replied, closing the door. “Where is Ashline?”
“Not sure. But I hope she's all right.”
 
 
Misty cautiously looked around as they walked into the capital city. The palace was surrounded by rows of guards.
“How do we get in?” She whispered.
“I've got an idea.” Ruby said. “I'll distract them, and you and Tamahome make a run for it.”
“Sounds good.” Misty said. She waited while Ruby walked up to the leader, who immediately developed hearts for eyes, followed by the rest of his men, who all crowded around to get a glance at the pretty lady.
Then, she and Brock dashed into the palace, trying to find Ashline.
 
“Where is she?” Brock asked, after they had ducked into another empty room to escape servants.
“I don't know!” Misty said. “She could be anywhere!” Just then, she saw Ashline walking down the hallway, dressed in a dark green top and pants embroidered with pink and silver flowers.
“Ashline! Over here!” Misty whispered.
Ash blinked. “Misty? What are you doing here?” Inside her mind, her thoughts whirled madly. * Did you come to get me? What took you so long?! Why didn't you help me when I needed it? Are you still my friend? *
“I came to rescue you!” Misty replied.
Ashline scurried into the empty room as Brock pulled out a collapsible screen and set it in front of them, shielding them from view.
 
“Ashline, we have to get you away from here!”
Ash blinked. “But they've been nice to me.”
“Don't you see? You can't become Seiryuu no miko! We'll be enemies!” Misty said. “Can you do me a favor?”
“Um… okay.” Ashline said, after a caesura.
“Great. Could you get me a scroll?”
Ashline blinked. “A… scroll?”
“Yes. It's called the `Universe of the Four Gods'. I know there's a copy here somewhere. It's very important.” Misty said.
“All… right.” Ashline said reluctantly as she got up. “I'll go ask Nakago for it…” Her eyes hardened slightly as she turned away. * Of course that scroll is important. It has the clues for finding the seishi, and its necessary for the summoning ceremony. But if she really is my friend, I'll give it to her. *
 
Ash went down the hall and found Lance standing at a window, looking at the flowers outside.
“Lance-chan. My friend has come back for me. Please, give me the `Universe of the Four Gods' scroll.” Ashline said.
Lance's blue eyes stared into her brown ones. “Of course. As the miko, its is yours.” He took the scroll out of a pocket and handed it to her. “But are you sure Misty is a friend?”
“She came back for me, didn't she?” Ashline asked, clinging to that last thread of hope.
“She did.” Lance agreed. “Very well. Go with her back to Konan.” His voice sounded flat and dead, and Ashline almost shivered at the emotionless tone. “But if it does not work out, meet me in Seiryuu's shrine.”
Ashline nodded and quickly ran down the hall back to where Misty and Brock were waiting.
 
“Misty? I've got the scroll-.” Ash stopped short as she was met with the sight of Misty and Brock wrapped in a passionate kiss that looked like it would never end.
“Oh brock.” Misty said dreamily. “I only came back for you, because I knew that deep down inside your heart, you loved me.”
Brock did not reply and kissed her again.
 
The scroll dropped from Ashline's nerveless fingers. * No…. No! I can't believe it! I must have misheard her! There's no way-. She only came for him?! Didn't she care about me at all? *
 
“I love you, Misty.” Brock said.
Misty nodded. “It was my love for you that gave me the power to come back, Brock.”
They kissed again.
 
This confirmation drove the last nail into the coffin, as Ashline saw her hope shattered into a million pieces. * She's not my friend… its all been an illusion… *
Her eyes changed to golden, flinty shards, a representation of her true feelings. Liquid ice seemed to flow through her veins, as her lips formed soundless words.
“I… hate… you…”
 
End Chapter! Hahahaha! This was so fun to write! ^_^
Drop a review please! Or at least e-mail me…
Started 10/8/03, completed 3/10/04