Pokemon Fan Fiction / Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Pokemon: The Mysterious Game ❯ Chapter 8

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer; I don't' own pokemon or Fushigi Yuugi. Pokemon belongs to Nintendo…FY to Yu Watase. This is non-profit fanwork, no copyright infringement is intended, and… since I wrote it its mine!
Chapter 7: Anger - Repercussions of destroyed friendship
 
Several minutes later, Ashline cleared her throat slightly. Brock and Misty had finally stopped the confessions of love.
“Oh! You got the scroll!” Misty said excitedly.
Ashline nodded, and they started walking towards the exit. However, a courtier spotted them.
“Guards! Intruders!”
Several soldiers came running. Brock cracked his knuckles as `Ogre' lit on his forehead again.
“Run for it, you two! I'll come after you in a sec!”
Ashline nodded and grabbed Misty's hand, leading her down another hallway and into a darkened room.
 
“Where are we?” Misty asked, looking around. “It's so dark in here…” She would have said more, but suddenly, what seemed like electric shocks seemed to come from the air around her, causing her to cry out in pain.
“You know, Misty.” Ashline said, sitting down a few feet away. “I always thought we were friends.”
“What do you mean?! We still are friends!” Misty protested loudly.
“Don't deny it. You'll only dig your grave deeper with your tongue.” Ashline replied. “You only came back for Tamahome. Or Brock, as you call him.”
“Who said so?” Misty cried out, her own anger level rising.
“It doesn't matter though.” Ashline continued on. “I won't let you destroy me. You'd win in that case.”
Misty was silent as she tried to understand what Ashline was saying.
 
“This is Seiryuu's shrine. I'm sure you're feeling the pain right now. It turns out that only those sealed by Seiryuu can enter. And of course, Suzaku's priestess would not be allowed to violate this sacred sanctuary. The wards ought to increase in intensity right about now.”
Misty shrieked, as lightning bolts seemed to hit her from all directions. “Stop this! Aren't we friends?!”
“Friends.” Ashline laughed, a cold, bitter sound. “Once I was naïve enough to believe that lie.”
“What lie? You're not making any sense!”
 
“Where were you?” Ashline asked. “When those men on the streets destroyed me? When I was fevered and in pain?”
Misty frowned. “Shut up! Stop lying to me! That never happened! You're just jealous!”
This only served to increase Ashline's anger. “Me? Jealous? How dare you accuse me! Its your fault that this happened!”
Pulling up her sleeves, she showed Misty the deep scars on her wrists.
“Where do you think these came from?”
Misty's eyes widened. Ashline stood up, her eyes shifting into a golden color as blue energy whirled around her form. * What the?! *
 
“I'm wasting time. Lance!”
The Dragon Master stepped out of the shadows and in front of Ashline. “Yes, miko-sama?”
“Where are the rest of the Suzaku seishi right now?”
Lance closed his eyes and scanned. “The guards are actually holding their own quite well against both of them.”
Misty shivered. *Both? What happened to Ruby? *
“Good.” Ashline turned her back on Misty. “Good-bye, Misty.” She walked deeper into the shrine, vanishing from view.
“What the **** is going on?!” Misty demanded. She would have started after Ashline, when she was flung into a wall.
Lance's eyes glowed bluely as his symbol did as well.
“You hurt my priestess. And I will not allow that to go unpunished.”
Another ki blast sent her flying, as Misty let out a shriek of pain.
 
 
“Misty!” Brock said, as he looked up from where he was fighting. “She's in danger!”
Rudy blinked as she sent another guard flying, using her super strength. “What do you mean?”
“I don't know how I know! I just know she's in danger! Sorry, Nuriko!” Brock said, as he ran off to save misty.
Rudy growled and picked up a boulder, throwing it at the clump of guards. * That guy… *
 
If Misty had hit the wall again, she would have died. Unfortunately, or fortunately, at that moment, the fourth Suzaku seishi decided to make his presence known as he saved her from crashing into the wall.
Koga tsked as he set her down. “How did you wind up in Kutou?”
But seeing as Misty was not about to answer, he turned his attention to the more imminent danger and formed a seal of sleep powder, before the attack flew at Lance.
Lance only smiled as a shield of blue chi went up around him, deflecting the attack back.
And it was then when Brock managed to get into the shrine, despite the pain from the wards.
“MISTY!” Brock screamed, charging at the Seiryuu seishi.
Lance blinked as Brock ran straight into his shield, not really doing anything at all.
“You know,” Koga told Brock. “Retreating is often better than fighting a losing battle.”
“Who are you?”
“Suzaku no shichiseishi Chichiri, but this is no time to talk.” Koga said. Taking off his scarf, he filled the shrine with a temporary smokescreen, grabbed Brock's hand, and used his magic to teleport out.
 
Lance closed his eyes as a violent wind ripped apart the rest of the smoke. But they had already escaped.
“I'm sorry, Ashline-sama.” Lance said, as Ash walked out of the shadows.
“It is all right.” Ash said, a grim smile twisting her lips. “It'll only make the future battles more fun.”
“Are you feeling all right?”
Ash nodded as Lance enveloped her in his embrace. “Never better.”
Lance nodded, as he took note of her gold-flecked amber eyes. * Seiryuu is giving her more of his power. She won't be a helpless miko like Suzaku's. * He could feel the icy chi filling her body, sealing off her useless emotions.
Ashline smiled up into his eyes. “We'll win, won't we?”
“Yes. We will keep them from summoning Suzaku. Then, you will call Seiryuu, and our world shall be at peace.”
“I'm glad…” Ashline whispered as she yawned slightly. “Sorry, Lance-chan. I'm feeling very tired.”
“It is fine, miko-sama.' Lance said as he carried her to her room. “Sleep well. If you don't get enough rest, you'll become ill.”
Ash nodded obediently as he tucked her into bed. She soon drifted off into sleep.
 
Meanwhile, back in Konan…
 
“I can't believe you forgot about me!” Rudy raged his features twisted into a snarl. “I'm not important enough to be rescued?”
“S-sorry.” Misty said apologetically.
“You left me at the mercy of no less than thirty-eight guards. Its lucky none of the Seiryuu no Shichiseishi came along, or else I'd be dead.” Rudy stated. As it was, he now sported a broken left leg and two cracked ribs.
As it were, doctoring these various injuries had led to the discovery of his true gender. Well, the doctor hadn't listened to his protests when he had refused to take off his dress. They probably thought he was some kind of pervert now. But it was for Mahri.
Misty had been shocked, Gary had been horrified, and Brock really didn't care either way.
Now, he was dressed in a violet tunic and pants, propped up on crutches and spitting mad. His ribs still ached where they were bandaged. And it was a punishable crime to deceive the emperor. He might even wind up sentenced to death! If Misty and Brock hadn't ditched him back in Kutou, he wouldn't be having this problem!
If he were lucky, he would not have to leave court. And he would not have to lose his life either. But since he was a Suzaku seishi, they'd probably only beat him and not kill him. He was too valuable to the country.
“Mahri…” He whispered. “I'm sorry. I wanted to fulfill your wish, but now its gone…”
 
“You all right, Nuriko?” Koga asked, after Misty had left with Gary and Brock.
“Chichiri, right?”
“Yes, that would be my seishi name.”
Rudy frowned. “No, I can't say I am. I hope Hotohori doesn't kill me. Now, everyone at court thinks I'm some sort of twisted freak.”
Koga's eyes narrowed. “He wouldn't. Because its for the good of the country. As for me, from what I have seen of you, you are loyal to your duty and honorable towards your comrades. You are no villain as you claim to be.”
“I wouldn't have this problem if Misty and Brock had been more careful.”
“True.” Koga mused. “They are too careless and naïve for their own good.”
Rudy sighed. “Well, it was nice talking to you.” He slowly got up and began making his way back towards his quarters.
 
End Episode!
And discord strikes in the heart… uh-oh… And the secret comes out! Ruby wasn't an OC at all, she was Rudy. Thinks back to manga when Rudy dressed as a girl. That's where the inspiration for this came from!
Started 10/8/03, completed 11/6/03