Pokemon Fan Fiction / Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Pokemon: The Mysterious Game ❯ Chapter 9

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Putting it in again, I don't own pokemon or Fushigi Yuugi, pokemon belongs to Nintendo while FY belongs to Yu Watase… um, this is non-profit fanwork, no copyright infringement is intended, and since I wrote it its mine! All mine!
 
Timeline: 3 weeks later
 
Chapter 8: Acting - we all have our parts to play
 
“Here is our plan.” Lance said, laying down a chart. “We wait until the priestess has found six of the Suzaku seishi. But instead of the seventh, we send one of our own. He will take the place of the last Suzaku seishi, and then when they attempt to summon Suzaku, their summoning will fail.”
Ashline smiled, a long, slow, smile, that didn't reach her icy eyes.
“Who are we sending?”
“Amiboshi.”
 
This took Ash by surprise. “Why?”
“Two reasons. First, from what our spies have told us, the clue for the last Suzaku seishi is a musical instrument. Since Amiboshi plays the flute, he can slip into the role the easiest. Secondly…'
Ash nodded and motioned for him to continue.
“As twins, he and Suboshi share a special power. They are bonded beyond normal people. That way, we will be able to keep track of what happens.”
Ashline inwardly agreed, but she still felt bad about putting her friends in danger. * It's your fault, Misty! You pushed me to this! So if anything happens to either of them… *
Her nails bit into her palms as she clenched her fists.
Lance noticed and gently uncurled them, taking her hands in his. “You must be careful, Ashline. They will try to win you back to their side.”
“I know. But I also know there is danger involved in this plan.”
`There is, in every plan.” Lance said. “If we attacked the palace directly, the casualties would be much higher.”
Ashline accepted his reasoning as he kissed her, smoothing away her worries.
 
Elsewhere…
 
Rudy sat, staring out of his window, watching the birds fly past, and ignoring the jeers from members of the court, once they had discovered his true identity.
“Misty…”
“Still moping?”
Rudy looked at Koga. “Not really…”
Koga raised an eyebrow.
“I'm still a bit annoyed at the miko, but other than that, I think I'm fine.”
“Its something you'll have to live with.” Koga conceded. “But I think it will work out.”
Rudy sighed and turned back to the window. * I highly doubt that it will be this simple… *
 
Kutou….
 
“Aniki, I don't want you to go.” Suboshi said, hanging onto Amiboshi tightly.
“Don't worry,” Amiboshi said, ruffling his younger twin's hair. “I'll be fine.”
“But what if you die? This is dangerous!”
“I won't leave you willingly, remember?” Amiboshi said, a strange look in his eyes. “I'll always be with you, lil' sis.”
Suboshi teared up and hugged her brother. “A-all right…”
“Besides, I'm not leaving yet.”
“Hai!”
 
 
Lance watched over the miko as she slept. * I hope those Suzaku seishi find the other two… then I can put my plan I motion. I don't know how long she can hold on… *
He gently brushed a few strands of hair out of Ashline's face and sighed inaudibly.
“Those Suzaku seishi…”
 
 
Gary ignored a love-struck Misty as she and Brock flirted with each other shamelessly in front of the court.
“Are you all right, your majesty?” A timid voice asked.
Gary looked up and saw Ruby, no, Rudy, his mind corrected, with a cup of tea.
“Well… thanks for the tea.” Gary said, taking the cup.
`No problem.” Rudy said softly.
Gary again wondered just why he had disguised himself as a woman. “Er, Rudy, if you don't mind telling me your story? They seem to be otherwise occupied at this time.”
A small smile lit his face. “All right.”
The two seishi walked to an abandoned area of the gardens.
 
“Did I ever tell you about my family?” Rudy asked.
“What? No.” Gary said, interested.
“I used to have a younger sister named Mahri. More than anything, she wanted an older sister for her to play with. She never got the chance.”
Gary looked at Rudy, seeing the pain in the other's eyes.
“What do you mean?”
“When I was 10 and she was 8, we were walking down the street together, when this drunk driver ran over us. I was stronger and I survived, but Mahri…” Nuriko broke off. “It took me six months to live.”
“And only a few minutes for her to die.”
“She deserved more. So I decided to live for her. To be her, and also, somehow, to become the sister she always wanted.”
“That is all I have to say. Say what you will.” Rudy said, bowing his head and looking down at the ground.
 
Gary was speechless. For once, the eloquent emperor was lost for words. He just laid a hand on his fellow seishi's shoulder and tried to comfort him the best he could.
Poor Nuriko…
 
 
“Brock!” Misty said happily, running into the room where he was counting his money.
“What is it, Misty?”
“Let's' get married!”
Brock sweatdropped. “Isn't it a bit early? You haven't even found all of the Suzaku no shichiseishi yet.”
“Aw…”
“Let's ask his majesty for permission to go out and find the remaining three. Then, once you're priestess, everything will be all right and we can finally get married!”
“Ok!” Misty said, and ran off to find Gary.
 
Rudy instinctively pulled away as Misty approached.
“Hey Hotohori! I want to find the other three seishi!” Misty said.
“A wise choice.” Gary approved, wondering why she had not brought up the subject earlier. “Chichiri shall go with you.”
And the next day, Brock, Misty, Rudy and Koga set out for the remote regions of Konan.
 
Soon, they reached Mt. Moon, which was infested with bandits. However, none could be seen.
“Must be just rumors.” Brock said, cracking his knuckles.
“Yep.”
Misty groaned and rubbed her legs. That horse riding hurt like hell.
“Ow…”
“What's wrong?” Rudy asked softly.
“My legs are in pain!” Misty said. “This is such an inconvenient way to travel.”
Rudy bit back a sarcastic comment and focused his attention on the road ahead.
“I am not a healer,” Koga said simply. “So I do not know.”
 
It was t-minus fifteen seconds later when Misty's horse fell into a cleverly disguised pit.
Misty screamed like a banshee as she fell down.
“Misty!” Brock cried, jumping in after her. Unfortunately, his extra weight activated the rope traps in the trees, and Rudy and Koga went flying once hit by the spiked boards.
“Oh no!”
A minute later, then both fell asleep.
The bandits closed their pouch of sleep powder and quickly carried their prisoners back to the hideout.
 
“The fifth Suzaku seishi is approaching.”
“Our time is getting shorter.”
“We must hurry.” Suboshi nodded as she loaded the unconscious Chiriko into the back of the wagon. “Lucky this one doesn't have any powers.”
“Heh.” Amiboshi said, smiling. “So easy, just put him to sleep, and.” He smiled as they rode back to Kutou palace. Nakago-sama would be pleased.
 
Misty groaned as she awoke. “OW…”
“Hi, ladies!” A cheerful bandit said. “We're the Mt. Moon bandits!”
“…Ladies?” Brock stuttered. Koga was still out.
“Not you,” The bandit said. “The boss wants one of `em.”
Misty thought quickly. There was a good chance there was a seishi here.
“I'll go!”
“What? But-.” Gary was cut off when Misty leaned in and whispered into his ear. “Don't worry, I'll find the seishi here!'
“A-all right…”
As Misty was led off, another bandit approached. “Hey, wench, ye're pretty hot! Why don't you pour us some wine and we'll talk!”
Gary's eyes nearly popped out.
“Looks like they think we're women too.” Rudy whispered. “Well, we are prettier than Misty. And we can take the chance to rescue her.”
“... I guess that's the only way…” Gary whispered back. They were soon serving the bandits wine, as the mountain men got drunker and drunker.
 
Misty found herself in a room with an old, bald, fat man, who immediately tried to mount her.
“Eek! Pervert! Hentai!” Misty screamed, flailing her arms around to get him off.
Hearing the screams, Rudy quickly picked up the table and threw it at the bandits, while Gary pulled a sword out of nowhere and made quick work out of the guards who were standing in front of Brock's cell, before releasing him as all three of them ran towards the sound.
 
“Help me!” Misty shrieked.
It was then that the roof collapsed inwards and a booted foot kicked the old bandit out the window.
“Hey, be quieter girl.” A voice hissed. Misty blinked and saw a girl, with flaming red hair, dressed in a black cloak and pants, carrying a… metal fan?
“Who are you?”
“You can call me Lara,” The girl said. “But right now, we have no time to talk. We've got to get out of here before the bandits regroup.”
“Misty!” Brock shouted, charging into the room.
“Brock!” Misty cried, fleeing into his arms.
Lara blinked. * Okay… *
As a wave of bandits poured in, Lara whipped open the fan. “Lekka Shinen!”
A burst of flames shot out and incinerated the group.
“Let's get out of here.” Lara hissed. Koga nodded as he teleported the group out. They reappeared by a mountain stream.
“Well, I guess you want some explanations, huh?” Lara asked. She rolled up her sleeves, showing a red symbol on her left forearm. “I'm Tasuki. Pleased to meet you.”
Silence filled the area.
 
 
End Chapter! ^_^
Started 10/9/03, completed 2/10/04
I like Lara Laramie, so I made her Tasuki!