Pokemon Fan Fiction / Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Pokemon: The Mysterious Game ❯ Chapter 10

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I love writing Seiryuu-side.
Disclaimer: Me no own pokemon or Fushigi Yuugi. Don't take my non-profit work by me, and I'm not infringing on the companies' copyrights.
Notes: <> Telepathy, ** thoughts
 
Chapter 9: Annoyances - best-laid plans
 
“One more.” Lance mused, as Tomo nodded and shut down his viewing mirror.
“Yes, Nakago-sama.”
“Excellent.” Lance said, smiling. “So we just have to wait…”
 
 
“Tasuki?”
“What's wrong? You think a girl can't be a seishi?” Lara accused.
“N-no! Nothing like that!”
“That's good.” The girl huffed. “Anyways, I belong to the Mt. Silver bandits and we're kind of rivals with the group here.”
“…Oh…”
“So!” She said. “Guess I'll just hang with you guys until the summoning ceremony.”
Mute nods acquiesced.
“Great! So, anyone got any grub? I'm starving!”
 
 
“Lance-chan?”
“What is it, Ashline?” Lance asked as he appeared in her room.
“Are we going to attack soon?”
“Very.” The dragon master promised. “The instant our spies notify us that they have found Mitsukake.”
Ashline smirked. “All right.”
She leaned against her shichiseishi's chest as he stroked her cheek gently. “Don't worry, miko-sama.”
“I know. Misty should be the worried one.”
 
 
Three weeks later, Misty and Co. had returned to the palace, much to the astonishment of Lara, who nearly fainted when she realized she had, albeit accidentally, been hitting on the emperor.
“Oh man I hope he doesn't execute me…”
“Nah, he won't.” Rudy said. “It's for the good of the country.”
Lara blinked.
Rudy sweatdropped. “Long story.”
Lara blinked some more as Rudy waved his hands in the air for a few minutes, trying to explain.
“You're a guy? But you're so pretty!”
Rudy blushed.
 
 
“Your majesty.” A courtier said, bowing down. “We have found the location of the seishi Mitsukake while you were absent.”
Gary smiled. “Very well. Bring him in.”
A young Samuel Oak walked in.
“Welcome,” Gary said.
“Your majesty!” Oak immediately got down on his knees.
“No, no. Get up. As a shichiseishi of Suzaku, you need not bow to me.” Gary said reassuringly.
Oak nodded and got up.
“Now, as soon as the seventh sei shows up, we can summon Suzaku!”
 
 
“It is time.” Lance said.
Amiboshi nodded as he kissed Suboshi goodbye. “Lil' sis, I'll be careful.”
“Hai, aniki!” Suboshi said, fixing a glare on him. “You promised to come back!”
“That I did, and I will. Let's go.”
The two Kutou assassins nodded and vanished as one, taking Amiboshi along with them.
On his left wrist shone the symbol, `stretching'.
They would be hard-pressed to tell that it was a fake.
 
Two weeks later…
 
Ashline looked at Suboshi, who was holding her arm with a look of pain on her face.
“What is it, Suboshi? Are you sick?”
“Aniki can send messages to me by writing on his arm.” Suboshi explained, rolling up her blue sleeves. There was a message written in small letters on her left arm. “That's how we communicate.”
“Wow.” Ashline said, her eyes widening.
Suboshi nodded. “They'll do the summoning tomorrow, he says. I hope he's all right.”
“Me too…”
 
 
Lance walked in, followed by Ashitare, who was prowling around. Ashitare's power came in the form of oddly enough, a cat. She had blue eyes and black hair, and orange cat ears and a tail stuck out, as well as sharp claws. She blurred and a second later, a small orange kitten was on the floor.
“Kawaii!” Ashline said, smiling and petting Ashitare on the head.
Ashitare purred softly and curled up to sleep.
“So they are going to attempt to summon Suzaku tomorrow?”
“Hai, Nakago-sama.” Suboshi said. She took another glance at the message. “It also says that the miko is unwell, so this is their best shot.”
“Excellent.” Lance demurred. “But if she were ill, could not Mitsukake the seishi heal her?”
“He says it's not a normal disease.” Suboshi smiled. “My brother's flute-playing is very powerful. Those fools don't know what they're up against, he's been poisoning them with his chi ever since he got there.”
 
 
Amiboshi watched Misty eat aimlessly as Tamahome fawned all over her, anxiously asking if she was all right.
“I-I'm fine….”
“You look unwell.” Koga said. “Have you been eating the herb powder I gave you?”
Misty made a face. “It tastes terrible, Chichiri.”
“Yes, but it is important.” Koga reprimanded. “Since Mitsukake cannot use his own powers to heal you, we must try natural remedies.”
Samuel looked shamefaced. “I'm sorry.”
“It is all right. You tried to use Suzaku's power to help her, but since it did not work, Suzaku must intend something through this.” Hotohori stated. Gary cast a glance at Rudy as he said this. Rudy's injuries had healed, but his spirit still seemed broken. Perhaps it was because of what had transpired in Kutou on the failed rescue attempt.
Had Misty's friend really become Seiryuu no miko? It was still unclear.
There had been no assassination attempts on their own priestess, strangely enough.
So perhaps his spies were simply making things up to increase their pay.
 
 
Rudy and Lara were talking in the garden together. Lara was telling Rudy her own story, how she had six older sisters who were all prettier and stronger than her, so she ran away from home and joined the Mt. Silver bandits.
Rudy in turn was explaining his cross-dressing tendencies and his own past.
“It looks like we both have gone through quite a lot.” Lara said, as she picked a lily from the palace gardens.
“Yes.” Rudy said softly. “You'd think that as Suzaku's chosen warriors he would be kinder.”
“Do you think he's testing us with these trials?”
“I hope not.” Rudy shivered. “If it were that bad, I would rather not be a seishi.”
“I see.” Lara looked at the sky and changed the topic. “So… do you think Gary is hot?”
Rudy choked. “NO.”
“Sorry, just asking your opinion. But it's pretty obvious that he likes Misty. Guess lil' ole me won't have any hope.” Lara said, winking impishly.
 
“Ne, you really think so?” Rudy studied her. “I'm sure if you actually wore a dress and did something with your hair, it'd help a lot. Come on!” He took Lara's arm and dragged her to his quarters, easily enough since his seishi power was super strength. “I'll fix you right up!”
Lara blinked.
Rudy yanked open the closet, revealing rows and rows of dresses. “My family business is tailoring! I'm sure something here will fit you!”
“…”
Lara sighed as she submitted to Nuriko's treatment.
 
 
Thirty minutes later…
“Wow. Is this me?” Lara asked, staring at her reflection.
“Success!” Rudy cheered. “You look great!”
Lara blushed. She wore a dark red dress, the bodice embroidered with a phoenix in gold thread, along with webbing on which hung little pearls. The skirt started out a pale pink, but darkened to crimson near her feet. A golden sash was wrapped around her waist, and under the overdress she wore a shirt of white silk, embroidered with gold at the wrists and throat. Her boots had been replaced with fashionable red slippers, toes also embroidered with gold.
She wore a light touching of makeup, and her hair was done up in two buns and trailing braids.
“That dress never fit me, I'm glad someone else can use it!” Rudy proclaimed. “Go out there and break some hearts, girl!”
Lara smiled and gave him a hug. “Thank you, Rudy. You're like an older sibling to me.”
Rudy's eyes misted over and he hugged her back harder, before shoving her out the door, and laughing. * Thank you, Suzaku. *
Lara smiled and went to find Gary.
 
End Chapter!
^_^
Created 11/6/03, completed 1/6/04