Pokemon Fan Fiction / Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Pokemon: The Mysterious Game ❯ Chapter 14

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 13: Anguish
 
Koga was visibly shaken, as were all the others, when they finally recovered their senses.
“What do we do now?” Oak asked.
“I do not know.” Gary said. Even though he was Emperor, he was not exactly sure what to do in this situation.
“Are you okay, Koga?” Lara asked the older seishi.
“I…” Koga looked down. “I never expected this…”
`Hmm? You know something about that Seiryuu no Shichiseishi who attacked us?” Rudy said in interest.
“I am afraid so…”
 
“Well? Do tell!” Lara urged. “The more we know, the better it is.”
“Yes, that way we can defend ourselves against them. we must also plan a attack to get our miko back.” Gary stated.
“She… that was my younger sister.”
 
There were a few minutes of silence.
“Are you sure?”
“I recognize her fighting style. It is similar to mine, although our seishi powers are different.” Koga said. “I have not seen her for almost five years though.”
“So how do you know its her?”
“I saw her eyes.” Koga explained. “Our eyes have always been the same color, and unique.”
“B-but that's crazy!” Oak said. “If you're a Suzaku and she is a Seiryuu…”
“I cannot fight my sister!”
Gary bit his lip as he tried to figure out a plan. “You're sure?”
“Yes.” Koga said miserably. “I'm sure. Even her chi signature… it is almost exactly like mine, except allied with Seiryuu.”
“What to do?” Lara whispered to Rudy, who shrugged his shoulders. This was another complication in things.
If he were in the same plight, he didn't think he would be able to fight his sister. And since Lara was like his sister now, he knew how Koga must be feeling.
Gary looked around at the four of them. Brock had run off in the general direction of Kutou as soon as Misty had vanished.
Fat lot of help he was.
 
Elsewhere, Aya dropped Misty off in a spare tent and then stalked off to find a few trees to destroy until she felt better.
She found Suboshi doing the same, as the Ryuuseisui whirred through the air singing its death song.
“Did it go badly?” Suboshi asked kindly.
“No, there were no problems.” Aya said. “At least, not with the miko.”
A bit of confusion registered in the other girl's eyes. “You fought with Nakago-sama?”
 
This caused a burst of laughter. “Of course not! It was just…' She stopped, not sure if she should open up.
“Morty then?”
“No, not him either. I like Morty.” Aya finished. “But tell me. Have you ever seen Suzaku no Shichiseishi Chichiri before?”
“Chichiri?” Suboshi blinked. “Hmm… what color hair does he have?”
`Black with purple highlights, its spiky.”
“Oh! Yes, I got a glimpse of him in Konan once.” Suboshi snapped his fingers. “It was right after I killed Tamahome's family.”
“Ahh…”
“Is something wrong?”
 
Aya shook her head. “That's… he's… my older brother.”
“No!”
“I'm only speaking the truth here.” Aya continued. “I don't wish to fight him… I wish he understood that.”
“Then shouldn't he not want to fight you either?”
“True, but no guarantee…” Aya sighed. “But I have to do my duty. We need to all work together to bring peace to the land.”
`Maybe you could ask Ashline-sama for help? She does have three wishes when she summons Seiryuu.”
“I don't want to impose.” Aya said, getting up and walking away.
 
Still, it was an option. She found Ash watching as Morty performed a very fancy illusion.
“Nice!” The miko said, with genuine feeling.
Morty nodded. Having been an actor in the past, he still had a flair for the dramatic and enjoyed performing to an appreciative audience.
“Hi.” Aya said.
Ashline smiled. “Hello, Aya. Did the mission go well?”
“Oh yes. Misty is in that tent over there.” Aya said, indicating one barricaded with magic spells. “So we can just keep her until we summon Seiryu.”
“I see.” Ashline nodded. “So, did you want to talk about something?”
 
Aya took a few deep breaths. “Koga… Suzaku no shichiseishi Chichiri… is my older brother. He's the one that helped kill Amiboshi.”
Ash sucked in a breath. “Are you sure?”
“I saw him with my own eyes.”
“But…” Ash shook her head. “Even if he is Suzaku, how do you know?”
“Well, I've talked to Amiboshi's spirit a few times. That was when I first guessed that it might be him.”
“What a mess.” Morty put in. “Did you have a plan of action?”
 
“I want my brother to join us, but I do not know how…”
“Don't worry! We'll think of something.” Ash said, although she felt falsely cheerful.
“I hope so.” Aya said. * Please Seiryuu, don't let him hate me… *
 
Morty was just finishing up his packing when he heard shouts. Peeking outside his tent, he found Suzaku no shichiseishi Tamahome fighting off soldiers.
A lot of soldiers. Their soldiers, to be precise.
Morty shook his head. * I cannot believe this. *
Stalking out, he noticed that everyone else was fast asleep. But at least he would take care of the problem.
An illusion formed in the mirror he held, and then tendrils of fog twined themselves around Brock's body. He didn't notice until one passed in front of his eyes.
“AHHHHHHHHH!”
 
Satisfied that his magic was doing its work, Morty left the screaming Suzaku seishi there and went back to his tent.
That was where Lance found him the next morning.
 
“Looks like another one has walked into the snare.” Lance said in a bland tone. Ash nodded.
“He loves Misty. It makes him do stupid things.”
“I see.” Lance responded. “Well, I know you dislike killing. What do you propose we do with him?”
“I say leave him here. The desert heat or the freezing cold will kill him either way.”
“And it won't be on our hands.” Lance finished. “Admirable thinking. Very well.” And so, when the Seiryuu no Shichiseishi left for Byakko's country, one Brock was left behind in the shale plains.
 
Koga and the others found him a day later.
“What's wrong with him?” Oak asked, as he healed Brock well with his magic. Brock immediately screamed for Misty.
“I believe it was an illusion.” Koga said, feeling out with his chi. “Hm… the same one that's been teleporting all the others around. He seems to have some type of ghost magic.”
“Is there anything we can do against that?” Lara asked. “There's no magician on our side.”
Koga coughed.
“I mean, besides you.”
Rudy stood up, hefting Brock onto a horse. “Should we head for Sailo then?”
“I think that is where the second Shinzaho is. So it would be the best course of action.” Gary put in. His fingers itched to hold his sword, but he knew that against a seishi that specialized in magic, it would probably be little good.
Lara fingered her Tessen, feeling the iron edges of the fan. True, she was speedy and could call out fire, but was it worth it?
They seemed to be severely outnumbered.
 
“Wait!”
Rudy ran back towards them, carrying another person. “Isn't this?”
“Chiriko!”
“He's alive!”
“Well, what do you know,” Oak said. “So I guess he wasn't dead.” He helped the fainted boy onto another horse, and climbed on behind to hold him steady.
“This is a bonus.” Gary said. “But how do we know it's not another trick?”
“I'm chi-scanning him.” Koga said. After a few minutes, he stopped.
“Well?” Lara tapped her foot.
 
“He is the real Chiriko, of that much I am certain. However…”
“However?”
“He has no visible seishi power.”
The group sweatdropped.
 
Rudy resisted the urge to rant. This was majorly unfair! If Seiryuu had a stacked deck, that was obvious!
To calm himself down, he tossed a few boulders deeper into the desert.
It didn't help much.
“Don't worry, Rudy.” Lara said. “Chiriko can't be useless.”
“You're not the only one hoping so…”
 
Byakko's Temple… Sailo
 
Ash knelt down next to the old man she had found and offered him a drink of water, which he took gratefully.
“Thank you, kind young lady.”
“No problem.” Ashline said. “But…why are you here? I thought this temple was abandoned.”
“I am Byakko no Seishi Tatara, the guardian of the shinzaho.'
“Oh!”
 
 
End Chapter
Started 2/27/04, completed 3/25/04