Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Flame Of Recca Fan Fiction ❯ Starlit to Lifes, Curses and Demons ❯ Village ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Make it short… I don't own any of the popular characters I use in here except those I made it myself. The storyline is mine except those I quote form manga, any manga storyline, especially Naruto. Mind you if the story I wrote in this fiction similar to other fanfic, don't blame me. I don't read all fanfics posted in the Internet okay. Just for your acknowledgement.

Graps! Huh huh…. The final exams…. Nihongo I (hey I'm just learned the basic) dam good it was finish and I have just one more exam left, the Professional Practice II. Then again… Argh! The Studio `Portfolio' is next week!!! 6 credits subject and I don't want to fail that one…

Onward…

"Blah" speech, `blah' thoughts, blah just to highlight,

-Blah- mind talk, -: Blah :- Makai language, "Blah" inner speaking to outer or the spirit (guess?)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Chapter 11 - Village

There was still two third of the night left when Kurama and Urameshi came back. Recca was on the watch at that time and wake the others from their slumber. Kurama and Urameshi told their story from their adventure to the others at the camp. With a map draw on the ground, Kurama described how the place looks like. (A/N: Kurama is in his humanoid form back.)

Makoto's face paled from the story uncover by the two demons. It's not the kind of place she wanted her son to grow up and she told them her worries. (A/N: A creepy place to make a village- a ghostly place he he….)

Kurama persuade her that nothing to be worried about as long as they don't make cross the ghosts, they're fine. She accepted it and claim a little. (A/N: Kurama such an expert in persuading for a Thief Master.)

They have few choices of getting to that place:

-First, they could go on the journey with the horse cart. That will take them maybe months to reach the mountain.

-Second, they all leave the horse cart and the horses first and ride on Puu. That will be the fastest.

-Or third, split into two group, one group with the horse cart and another ride on Puu, taking with them the things in the horse cart bit by bit in few trips so that the cart will be lighter for the horses to pull it to get to the destination.

Either way all of them in favour with the second choice, Ranma, Haku and Recca was eager to ride on Puu… except Makoto. (A/N: Nothing is perfect to anybody in everything) She isn't fond to high places and that means BIG NO NO for flying. Another BIG NO for her son to ride on Puu.

The next best option is… the third choice and so next, to decide the name for their hidden village.

"So what's the name of the village we going to make huh?" Recca asked.

"How about the Phoenix Village? We have a phoenix right beside us," Haku pointed at Puu.

"Puuu!!!"

"No way," Ranma remembers back to his fighting with Saffron, "I had a fucking shit of luck for place called Phoenix I… ouch!" a sharp pinched by Makoto, "Mind you language when I'm around please."

"…." Ranma rubs his right shoulder where she pinched him.

(A/N: I don't read the part where Ranma went to the Phoenix Mountain yet or afterwards.)

"Then make a name that everyone feels attach to it, he he he…"

"Old man!" Recca yelled as Kokou materialize in front of them. "Would you mind telling me if you want to come out."

"Whose that Recca?" Urameshi asked without leaving his eyes off the firey old man figure.

"…. Minna, this is Kokou, one of the Eight Karyu, the fire dragons living inside me," Recca introduce. "Mind you, he's a pervert."

Ranma winced as the pervert word said by Recca. He moved away from both of them.

"A dragon? He didn't look like one." Kurama comment.

"He he he…because this is what I really look like. When Recca die, he probably be a fire dragon too."

"How about … Hidden Dragon Village." Urameshi suggest.

"Beep! I'm the only one who has dragons in me. Nope not suitable" Recca objected.

"I have an ultimate technique with dragon name on it," Ranma corrected.

"I don't… If it have to do with fox and plants… that is something else." Kurama added and then he looked at Makoto and Haku with a face of wanting them to give suggestion.

"Ummm… How about… hearing everyone suggestion including the dragons in Recca? They all can come out like him ne?" Makoto suggest. "I don't agree with that name too…" feeling it isn't a good luck to use the dragon word.

"Well…" as Recca about to answer Makoto question, all of the Karyu came out in their firey humanoid form.

"Sugoi…!" that is the only word came out from Urameshi's mouth, awestricken from the sight.

Recca introduce each of them to everyone…

In the end, after few arguments, they decided that the name for their hidden village would be…

The Hidden Spirit Village

And the mountain would be the Spirit Mountain.

The reason they use the spirit word just because everyone has spirit in them and with other reliable reasons;

-Recca has eight additional spirits in him,

-Kurama has one more spirit (Youko),

-Ranma has his Ranko spirit,

-Urameshi ones been a wondering spirit (soul) and he can use his spirit energy, Reiki

-Makoto and Haku at least they have their spirit will to live on…

-the last reason was, the mountain they tend to make it as their home is full with spirits. (Ghosts)

(A/N: Yup that should be enough reasons. Don't ask me why anymore. I just want to use that word.)

Since everyone woke up and too excited to go back to sleep. They set on the road right after the discussion. Gathering things on Puu's back to be sent to the mountain, Ranma and Urameshi flies off on the first round to the mountain. Recca goes with Urameshi on the second round. The things would be put in a cave the demons found at the mountain before.

Kurama gave Urameshi some Makai seeds for cover up in front of the cave so that no wild animals would bothers the things they left there. (A/N: Don't asked me what is the `thing', it just their things.)

Kurama shifted back to his fox form and pacing with his paws. Haku was sat on top of him (Yo! Haku what are you doing!!!) with Makoto keep an eye at them while she's in the cart. (Haku: Don't worry mother is watching at me. Is not Kurama would eat me.)

Makoto worried of her son's safety but Kurama promise that he would never harm Haku while he is on him.

Haku was happy riding on the Youko. He never rides on horses or even pony but now he's riding on a kitsune

o-o-oo0o0o0oOoOo@oOo0o0o0oo-o-o

The trip between the horse cart and the mountain turns into daily ritual, back and forth by the four out of their own world boys. They made more agreement with the ghosts and making maps of the area and it's surrounding. They also pick out the shortest and safe routes to get there for the horse cart.

(A/N: What agreement, you'll know later on… but not in this chapter.)

From the maps, they did discuss plans for their new village. With Kurama and Recca's experience at hidden buildings, Urameshi's knowledge of his Makai's ex-kingdom, and Ranma's knowledge of Phoenix Mountain, it is quickly decided that the to of the mountain will be carved out in a bowl shape to make room for a practice ground with guarding post on the top of the mountain including other minor things.

Urameshi and Ranma take care of this, crushing the stones and boulder on their path. Before that, Ranma stayed at the mountain for three days to learn the breaking boulder technique, Bakusai Tenketsu (Blasting or Breaking Point/Earth Tremor Attack) so he can use it for digging the hard inner mountain before joining Urameshi.

They all do take turns for who will stay back at the horse cart to accompany Makoto and Haku.

Recca and Kurama begin to create a network of passages and rooms. Recca then takes strides to disguise the entrances and exits so none can enter without knowing the correct protocol and double check back by Kurama's Master Thief so no possible intruder can come in. Kurama also reinforce the underground passage by ordering the roots of the trees above to grow, reaching near the passage and grip more firmly the ground except the stony passages. Kurama using his Makai plants to smoothen the surface of the stony drilled out by Ranma and Urameshi, also the metal material passages, melted by Recca.

Turning statue here, a trapdoor there, guarding post plants at the entrances etc… and before the month is up, the boys have a rather nice complex.

The only thing left is to wait the slow moving horse cart moving towards their mountain.

o-o-oo0o0o0oOoOo@oOo0o0o0oo-o-o

Nothing is perfect…

Even when you did plan it carefully, it wont came out exactly what you've planned.

Sometimes you thought the day would be normal then tragedy occurred.

Nothing is perfect…

But coincides might find it way in …

That you just have to let it by

This is the tragedy happened to them and they lost someone…

Haku

(A/N: No, no he's not dead! Just lost. He did learn some Makai basic language before he is lost.)

It happened when the horse cart on the old bridge wooden crossing a large river with its water flows in rapid pace. A deep narrow gorge form, cut by the deep wide river.

The river acts as one of the boarder of Fire Country. People don't use the byroad anymore as the byroad itself filled with weeds but that byroad is the quickest to their destination. They did check where the byroad leads by air on Puu.

Urameshi, Ranma and Puu were at the Spirit Mountain. Recca was sleeping in the cart, tired while Haku practice his chakra control at the rear edge of the cart. Makoto and Kurama having conversation in front.

They were halfway crossing the river when without warning, a sudden large amount of water, so fast for Kurama to react, slammed against the wooden bridge.

The wooden bridge starts to break apart.

Kurama jump off the horse cart and summons his vines to hold on the bridge structure until they were safe on ground and told Makoto to move on, he can take care of himself, as he is a demon. (A/N: Think like a dam burst out with the water no longer it managed to hold.) Recca wakes up, blurring of their situation.

Makoto orders the horses to quicken the pace but then, another slam hit the bridge making Haku fell off the moving horse cart, living him behind.

As she stop the horse cart at a safe distance from the wild running water, Makoto realized that her son left on the bridge, "Haku!!!!"

Kurama summons more vines; the bridge starts to make sounds of bending and snapped off woods. He holds on so Haku has time to get away.

Haku did run,

Running away towards his mother…

He's nearing to the end of the wooden bridge but on his right, a big wave of water making its way above Haku to swallow him in. Haku froze on the sight…

Kurama summon a vine to tie on Haku so he can pull Haku to him with then end of the vine a seed of floating plants that work as a life jacket in seconds. He did manage to make the vine snake on Haku's body but not quick enough to out wit the water wave. The floating plant seed activates.

The raging water knocked Haku out cold leaving dangling like a lifeless puppet on string.

Kurama make few long jumps to the riverside, as the vines cannot hold the bridge anymore. The vines begin to snap one by one. Kurama still hold the vine that tied Haku from being swept away by the river current. Recca came to aid, holding the vine that reinforce with Kurama's youki, to pulled Haku out of the water.

Makoto scream, calling out for Haku, hoping he would respond.

The river current was so strong, too strong…

The vine cut into two like a musical instrument's strings snapped in two… Kurama and Recca rebound by the force and Haku was swept away by the river's current.

"Haku!!!!" tears begun to fill on Makoto's eyes.

Kurama change into his Youko form and dashed to chase Haku at the riverside before he was lost from their sight.

Haku was submerged a few seconds and reappeared back to the water surface time to time as he flows by the river's current.

Far at lower part of the river, coincide awaits…

TBC

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++