Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful Girl ❯ Dragons ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 

Beautiful Girl

A fanfic by

Dianna Tsuki, A.k.a:

'Saberwulfe'

Chapter 8 Dragons

 

"I thought you were dead."

 

"I was."

 

"Then...how?"

"A shadow never dies forever."

 

*****

 

This inky surrounding was beginning to become something of a nuisance. The first few times inspired a kind of...amaze in the petite red-head. But now....

Well, first off, it wasn't doing any favours for her sleep deprivition. Nor was it helping her head any. When she paused to consider it, the fact that, once upon a time, she was a boy. Her chest tightened, the moisture drained from her mouth and a murky sweat drenched her palms.

 

"Umm....who's there?"

 

She saw something move in the darkness. A shapeless mass of light, that swayed with a drunken movement. It's bright beams punched holes in the darkness, but did nothing to illuminate the engulfing shadows, it only provided the red-head with some comforting warmth.

 

"...Sorry."

 

Ranko blinked.

"Sorry? For-aaaaarrrrggghhhhh!!!!" Ranko's inquirey turned into a horrible shriek as a pure agony tore through her being. Thoughts, feelings, words, formless concepts forced their way into her wounded mind, and a familiar pain burned its way into her soul.

 

"NO! GEEEAAAA!!!" again she spasmed and her hands grabbed the sides of her her head as her back arched. She couldn't escape into the delightful obliviousness that she so wanted to feel, instead she was forced to endure this...torture.

 

"I'msorrypleaseforgivemeIdidn'twantthistohappenI'msorrypleasefor givemeIdidn'twantthistohappenI'msorrypleaseforgivemeIdidn'twantthistohappen I'msorrypleaseforgivemeIdidn'twanthistohappen." over and over nonsensical words.

 

A cold ball had settled in her stomach. She had only an inkling of what had happened, for some of the...thoughts contained some intelligible memories. One particular one, was meditation. The act of clearing one's mind in order to regain control of one's self, and more importantly, one's emotions. Shaking, the red-headed girl closed her eyes....

 

*****

 

"True enough, but with this, I won't be beaten." the figure with the dragon-skin vest slipped silently through the streets of the home-town. Hong-Kong was a beautiful place, but even with it's neon wonder, it had its fair share of...undesirables. But enough of that. He still had to go to Where-it-all-began first.

 

*****

 

"I see. The curse is growing stronger."

 

"Yes, I'm afraid that...I may become like you."

"Not a curse I would wish upon anybody, least of all you. Just give them up!"

 

"...Ih....it's too late."

 

"What?!"

 

"I've bonded...."

 

"This is bad. Really bad."

 

"I know."

 

*****

 

The doors open quietly, but there was a sense of urgency that only one with a great deal of martial skill could sense. One such as Dr.Ono.Tofu.

 

"K-K-Kasumi, w-w-what's w-w-w-w-wrong?" the Doctor asked, fighting the almost overwhelming urge to do...something. Kasumi was slightly flushed but her eyes were scared. That single fact alone had resulted in a very different behavior in the Martial Artist: the desire to kill something.

Tofu shook his head.

 

"Doctor, please help! There is a stranger here and he's doing something to Ranko!" deep within him, Dr.Tofu felt that urge to kill burn back. His teeth grit and his eyes narrowed, his finger's digging into the palms of his hands.

"Let's go" he growled and charged out of the room, bound for the examination room.

 

*****

 

The examination room, with its multiple beds and great windows, the moon's cycloptic eye glaring in. But the room was far from empty. Other than a red-headed girl covered in bandages and hooked up to a life-support machine, there were two other visitors. Unwelcome visitors.

 

The first, was dressed lightly in a traditional kunoichi's garb. But this one was black-no check that, so crimson that it was percievable as black. A mask pulled up in front of her face, and her dark hair dangling around her shoulders. Twin several kunai scabbards could be seen lining her thighs, shins and bicepts as well as the hilts of wazakashi poking out from the small of her back.

 

Tofu, clad in his dark gi and his glasses flashing with an untold menace stood before her and the other. The other...

 

The other was clad in pure black, as if the shadows themselves had been wrapped around his body. A small cape with torn ends was wrapped around his shoulders, and a mask over his face. Around his waist was a combination of kunai scabbards and shuriken pouches as well as a pouch for scrolls, or any other unpleasant thing. But on his back...a sword. But not the generic ninja's katana, this one was THAT Sword. The Sword of hatred and malevolence. This figure was male, and leaning over Ranko, his eyes closed and his hands pressed against her temples.

 

Tofu spoke hatefully.

"You two! How dare you show your faces here!" Kasumi was stunned when the good Doctor took up a stance that wasn't in any martial arts regiment that she knew.

 

The female spoke back to the enraged doctor, but there was an echoing to her voice, as if two spoke as one.

"Our daring is not out of sport nor spite, Death Vendor. We dare for He is coming. We dare for HE is going to bring those which would change due course. We dare for we must."

 

The fire in Tofu died and his muscles wilted. His face seemed old and tired, as if he had aged a thousand lifetimes in but the span of a breath. His body seemed old and his spirit was aged.

 

"Dr.Tofu...what's going on?" Kasumi whispered, a very specific kind of fear in her voice,

"Who are these people and why did she call you...'Death Vendor'? And who is 'he'?"


Tofu turned and faced the object of his infatuation. She was so young to be burdened with such a horrible cross. Yet....

 

"Come, let them work," Tofu said wrapping an arm about Kasumi's shoulders, "They mean her no harm. Come and I shall tell you everything I can."

Frightened but determined, the eldest of the Tendo's did as she was asked.

 

END OF CHAPTER EIGHT

 

Authors Notes: WOO HOO!!!! IT'S DONE! YEAH! I'm not dead, Ha! I know it's been a while, maybe a year since my last update but I've been horribly busy. Things like going over-seas and my parents and what-not. But I'm trying and I haven't forgetten this thing. So here's my update!