Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful Girl ❯ INCOMPLETE! ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Beautiful Girl
A fanfic by
Dianna Tsuki, A.k.a:
'Saberwulfe'
Chapter 9

****************
Beauty and the Beast
****************

Rain. It's hailed as the bringer of life, the sign of change and feminism. The element of healing and birth.

But not in Nerima.

In Nerima, Rain means change. Rain means destruction and pain, it means months of rebuilding and structural re-enforcement. Rain means collateral damage, it means that the hospial staff and emergency response teams will lose several nights of sleep. It means children whimpering as the impossible becomes reality and powerful conflict.
Nerimians don't like rain. Not at all.

********

The trip from Hong Kong was unremarkable. The Od Man had proven to be as good as his word, for once. The promised 'arrangements' had panned out and the Fighter was able board to plane without a hitch. His baggage had gone through without any questions and his carry-on was able to pass through the scanners.

Fighter looked at the clouds with amusement, the sunlight reflecting the multitude of cotton chasms made everything so beautiful. It was an interesting distraction and was ample to pass the time. He also watched an...odd in-flight movie. It was about a martial artist and he couldn't help but mentally criticize the many unlikely martial arts moves that were performed. But the flighty style that enemy of the protagonist used made him think of his prey, as the two bore remarkable similarities. Suddenly the movie was worth watching.

Two hours later, it touched down in the Tokyo airport. The fighter, glaring out the window as fat drops of water splattered noisily against the wings and body of the commercial airliner. It was fortunate that he wouldn't be engaging soon anyways, he had to prepare and plan.

********

"I'm sorry."
"...Why?"
"Because I kinda lied, y'know."
"That's not what I meant."
"Oh...what didja mean?"
"...Why do I have to...."
"Because of my stupidity. I didn't really solve anythin' I was runnin' away."
"IT'S NOT FAIR! IT'S NOT! IT'S NOT!"
"ah jeeze, don't cry! I...ummm..."
"You'll what? Huh?""...I know! How about this."

The darkness was toned by the warm whispers, like siblings finalizing the blue-prints for a prank. An apt metaphor, as this would prove to be the greatest prank in the history of Nerima, and the giggling of two young girls served to reinforce this idea even more.

********