Reboot Fan Fiction ❯ Ulimate Sprites ❯ Part 1 - Bob ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Note 1: Mainframe Entertainment has the copyrights to “Reboot”, related characters, related places and related things. All rights reserved. Do not sue me.
Note 2: Following is our timescale and Mainframe's equal to it: 1 nanosecond = 1 second, 1 millisecond = 1 minute; 1 minute = 1 hour, 1 hour = 1 day, 1 day = 1 week, 1 week = 1 month, 1 month = 1 year, & 1 year = 12 years
Note 3: Ultimate Sprites begins after a hard reboot after a hard reboot. Megabyte is ancient history of this point.
 
 
 
“Ultimate Sprites”
A “Reboot” Fan-Fiction
By Dr. Thinker
 
Part 1 - Bob
 
Bob was starting to move. He recognized his location as Dot's Dinner. To A User-it would like some was watching too many 1950s TV Show or movies. Bob heard a beep from Glitch. He discovered on this arm that Glitch was still there. Bob felt different, more so then usual.

Bob commanded, “Glitch, Vid-Mirror.”
 
Glitch did the common—and Vid-Mirror. Bob discovered that he was still the blue-skin face and black hair sprite from before. Bob recalled that Glitch became his armor—and he discovered he was wearing a light blue Guardian suit with the “Reboot” icon. All computer programs--with the exceptions of viruses--have one.
 
He saw Dot's back-up Data Holder—and looked up. He discovered that the computer had spotted by Trojan Horse Virus—and since Mainframe was not the Super Computer—the User had to reformat his computer to delete the virus.
 
Before Bob could read more about the virus---he heard a familiar female voice intending: “WARNING, INCOMING GAME! WARNING, INCOMING GAME!”
 
He rushed outside—and right into the game's cube.
 
-G-
 
The game looked like some had some had a good idea for a computer system. It was monochrome — gray and black. Bob standing before a huge virus—that make Gigabyte look a level -10.
 
The huge virus voiced, “Hey, we don't have all day you know, Computer Sprite.! The name is Trozan, my job is Game Boss Sprite—so reboot and join in the game! And if cause you wonder about the game—it call “Virus Hunting'. You friends are looking for the User—but they had not found him yet. I heard rumors that Users call this game tougher then a Playstation game—which I forget a name of—but has the same subject.”
 
Bob knew from his education at the Super-Computer academy for Guardians that Game Boss Sprites play final villains; they can be low key or high key. Bob hits his icon—and rebooted into a white version of Megabyte-type virus. He wonder what Megabyte would say if he saw Bob.
 
Bob asked, “What's the User's goal?
 
Trozan replied, “To delete me—but the Users never get past Level 10. This is Level 50. The User is on Level 4—your friends had rebooted and are on Level l0.”
 
Bob stated, “This is good news.”
 
-G-
 
Bob moved down throw the levels—until he reached Level 10—and got run over by two sprites—one male and one female—both were pretty young—and rebooted in Hack and Slash-style robots.
 
One of the robots—a yellow one--yelled - “This game is pretty strange—I love it!” Bob took this robot to be Enzo Matrix—the young version.
 
The other robot—a purple one—remarked, “Finally, my long streak of rebooting into animals that are home in water is OVER!”
 
Bob asked, “Who are you?”
 
The purple robot replied, “For now, call me -- Anna Wheel, Katherine Wheel's daughter. After her press conference—she will have a certain talk with you and Dot about me.”
 
Bob recalled that Anna Wheel was the Command.Com of Mainframe. Somehow, the reboot restored her and Phong to their original formation before Dot become it—Anna for Command Com and Phong for Autobat Exe.
 
Bob asked, “Where's Dot?”
 
Dot's voice stated, “Bob, I am right”—the voice sounding like a friendly Hexadecimal. He turned to see an adult woman with a black mask and purple costume.
 
Dot said, “I bet Hexadecimal would love the random of our reboots in this game—the only expectation is you, Bob—you look like….”
 
Bob finished Dot's line by adding, “…Megabyte.”
 
Dot nodded. “So how do you know where to find us?”
 
Bob stated, “Game Boss Sprite.” Bob paused and asked, “And why have these two children rebooted?”
 
Dot replied, “This is the first game I ended up in-landed on my school. Good thing my father was visiting at the time. I recalled the User having a hard time—so I did not say anything to Anna and Enzo.
 
A familiar but annoying voice of Mike TV is heard yellowing, “MIKE THE TV HERE. USER HAS JUST LEFT LEVEL 9.”
 
Dot stated, “According to Mike TV, we at the entrance of LEVEL 10.”
 
The User appeared. Bob was stunned. The User had appeared as green-skinned humanoid in a Guardian suit. The User groans, “This is very bad.”
 
Dot was able to pick the User, and tossed it to Bob, which stated to play “Sprites in The Middle with the User being the ball—and Anna and Enzo in middle. After a few moments, the User stated, “This is not good. Not good at all.”—and then the voice female stated, “GAME OVER!”
 
-B-
 
Dot appeared in be her usual green-skinned woman dressed in a yellow blouse and black pants. On the middle of her collar of her blouse was her Mainframe icon. Dot stated, “Did we go though a reformatting?”

Bob stated, “Yes—because of a Trojan Horse virus.”
 
Dot remarked, “Megabyte.”
 
Bob stated, “With him gone---the only problems will be tears—and the User's games.”

Bob turned to see Enzo Matrix and the regular version of Anna Wheel. Enzo was still the green-skin younger with the blue hat with his Mainframe icon, the white T-shirt with his byte number (01) on him, blue pants, and his blue sneakers.
 
Anna was a green sprite with blonde hair. She was dressed in a sea-green t-shirt, a light white dress, a white belt with a Mainframe icon on it, and sea-green high-top shoes.
 
Anna stated, “Well, Katherine is going to give a press confront outside of the Principal Office—and after—she will tell who I'm really am to you.”
 
-B-
 
Bob was entering the War Room of the Principal Office. Katherine Wheel did her press conference with out an indecent like a Game Cube dropping in. They were two answers to the reporters' questions. Katherine Wheel answered the Megabyte's question truthfully—the User did a hard reformat and reboot. The other about the appearance of Anna, which had appeared just after the reboot, finished. Bob had a feeling that Katherine lied when she told the press the following: “She is Anna, my daughter. She was kept in hiding during Megabyte's rain of terror.”
 
Bob saw that Dot, Enzo, Katherine, Phong, and Anna were all in the War Room.
 
Katherine replied, “Ok. Bob. You know we been throw a reboot—but I felt sorry for Enzo—so I merged four codes to make Anna here. To the Mainframe public, she will always be Anna Wheels. Nevertheless, in reality, you know her as AndrAIra—but I merge for codes from a few sprites to turn the game sprite into a Mainframe sprite.”
 
Before Bob could speak, Dot asked, “Witched sprites did you merge?”
 
Katherine answered, “The following sprite codes: Enzo Matrix, Dot Matrix, Bob Files, AndrAIra Matrix, and my own codes. Treat her as a normal as possible. She didn't get it the first time around—I was able to tell Enzo and Anna about this easily—they got out of the hard format easier then the adults—and I and Phong wasn't effected by the hard format at all. Dot—if I ever deleted or nullified for good—you will play Command Com again. Until them, you are back to running the Mainframe's “Doors”.
 
“Doors” was name for the Operating System for Mainframe's desktop—it makes sure things were always in tip-top shape.

Dot stated, “Sounds like a plan. What about Null-Bot?”
 
Katherine move out of the way, and show that Welman Matrix was back to normal sprite form.
 
Welman Matrix appeared in his sprite form. “I'm alive—but not a Null anymore. The hard reboot restore me to sprite form. Also guess who I found and re-powered?”
 
Welman Matrix tossed a television remote control. The remote control was golden as Mike the TV's trim---it was Mike's Remote!”
 
Dot shouted, “Mike's Remote. Now, if he gets to annoying, we can shut him off.”
 
Remote stated, “Don't worry—I didn't run away from Mike—I was after new batteries—my batteries were getting low. Moreover, If Mike's get more annoying then usual—I just break his glass with my Power Punch—he will off-line for a few hours.
 
Bob smile, “Looks like Mainframe having a third beginning.”
Phong said, “There is an old README that say that Users hope that the third time is a charm.”
 
Enzo yelled, “I don't know who wrote them—but whose ever did—is a genius!”
 
-B-
 
That night, before bed—and I decide to renew a written vow I written first come to Mainframe.
 
The following is what I rewrote:
 
 
“I come from the Net
Thought people, places and systems
To this place: Mainframe
 
My format: Guardian
To mend and defend
My new friends
Their hopes and dreams
Against their enemies
 
They said
The User Inputs Games
For pleasure
No Knows For Sure
But I Intended To Find Out
 
REBOOT!”
 
 
-TBC-
 
 
I hope you do mind Bob's vow being the opening theme to REBOOT. You should know I reference Reboot's own video game—know for it's toughest The use of the hard format and reboot—allowed me to finally get rid of Megabyte. Do not worry; they will be new problems to deal with. For a few chapters, the most common problem with be the USER'S GAMES.