Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Ronin Warriors: Hell Back on Earth ❯ Fun in the Sun ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
ANUBIS: We really must fix Ryo soon.

DAIS: He is getting on my last nerve.

SEKHMET: Mine too.

RYO/ED: Hello Mr. Carrot Top, do you have any chickens?

ANUBIS: No, I do not, and STOP CALLING ME THAT!!!!

RYO/ED: Okay Mr. Carrot Top, I will go off and see the nice girl who gave me a bad beating yesterday! NICE GIRL! Where are you Nice Girl?

::Sakura stands ready again, this time with her Hardsuit::

SAKURA: GIMME BACK MY BOYFRIEND YOU ANNOYING 4TH GRADER!!!!!

RYO/ED: Run from the girl, run from the girl. This is fun Mr. Carrot Top!

ANUBIS: For the LAST TIME STOP...

DAIS: Let's start this episode. ::Looks at the script:: Maybe we shouldn't have...

RYO/ED: Gawk at the girls, gawk at the girls.

::Sakura tackles him to the ground and begins beating him again::



Ronin Warriors: Hell Back On Earth
Chapter 8: Fun in the Sun


It was a quiet early morning. Ran was in bed, curled up in a fetal position while on either side of her the shopaholics lay sprawled, Yoko apparently having some sort of nightmare about maxing out her credit card. The sound of water trickling was heard over in the bathroom, as Navcase was apparently taking a shower, both for cleanliness and to be in the one place where Yuriko could not use the Shinta-chan Flying Tackle.

Since he got here, he had almost gotten killed twice. Both times were a direct result of Toshihiko. Yuriko was going to kill him if he did not himself. That was not good. He had to figure out this warrior, before it was too late.

Meanwhile, Yuriko's eyes fluttered open. She looked over to her side, only to find that Navcase was not in the bed. Wondering where the swordsman could be, she heard the sound of the shower and surmised that he must be in there, and began tiptoeing towards the door, hoping to catch a peek of her man in the nude.

Elsewhere in the hotel...

"DO WE HAVE to ask them?" Allison moaned as the three headed over to the elevators in the lobby.
"Yes, they're our friends." Karen replied.
"We don't know how long they'll be in town for, we should at least show them a good time." Teresa added. "And I'm sure that Yoko and Suiren are dying to meet some cute guys."
"When was the last time you went on a date?" Allison shot back.
"Um..." Teresa mumbled.
"Exactly. You haven't." Allison answered.
"And since when have YOU been on one, hmm?" Teresa asked
"Hey! At least you don't have to deal with lovesick Korean guys who who think you're from there too and find it surprising that you don't speak a word of their language."
"At least one of us can actually pick up an Asian guy without hoping he knows English, right Kar?" Teresa asked, but got no response. "Karen?"

Karen had apparently gone Chibi and was mildly dancing around to the music, enjoying it immensely.

"Oh no. She's gone Chibi again. How could she be dancing so energetically? She was listening to Escaflowne." Teresa observed.

Allison, in disgust violently plucked Karen's earbuds out of her Chibi form, causing her to return to normal.

"Oh, sorry. What were you saying?" she asked.
"Let's just go get this over with..." Allison groaned again, pushing the button for the elevator.

Back in the hotel room, Yuriko slowly turned the knob of the bathroom door, eager to get in and spy Navcase in his birthday suit.

"Yuriko...what are you doing...?" Ran said sleepily as Yoko began to mumble and snore.
"Nothing..." Yuriko replied.
"Yuriko...it's quarter to six in the morning...go back to bed..." Ran replied, plopping herself back on to her pillow.
"Whaaddya mean my card's expired? Like, try this one...zzzzzzzzzz." Yoko said.
"Yoko, shut up!" Ran whined, trying to fall back to sleep.
"I saw that sweater first...It's mine! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz." Yoko mumbled.

As Yuriko started to slowly swing the door open, a knock came at the front door of their room.

"What..." Ran whined.
"Oh, we're sorry did we wake you?" Karen asked.
"Yes..." Ran moaned sleepily.
"We were wondering if you'd like to come to the beach with us." Teresa added.

At this Suiren and Yoko sat up.

"The Beach?" the two replied curiously.
"Yeah, you wanna come with us?" Teresa asked.
"TOTALLY!!!!" Yoko and Suiren exclaimed, rushing to their things to grab swimsuits. "We'll be right with you!"

Ran on the other hand plopped right back down again as the twin terrors opened the door to the room, catching Yuriko with her hand on the doorknob.

"Heh heh..." she said, backing away and headed back to her bed.
"<Would you like to come to the beach with us?>" Karen asked.
"Um, okay..." Yuriko replied.
"She says she'll go." Karen answered.
"Cool!" Teresa exclaimed.
"<We'll be waiting downstairs for you guys, okay? Don't take too long!>" Karen said as they headed downstairs.

After managing to get Ran out of bed, Yoko managed to find a semi-revealing two-piece to wear, while Suiren found a similar suit. Ran slipped into a purple swimming one piece. Navcase, not intending to swim, slipped into a pair of shorts.

"Okay! I'm ready!" Yuriko exclaimed.

She emerged from the bathroom, wearing the skimpiest bikini imaginable.

"What do you think Shinta-chan?" Yuriko asked.

Navcase simply fainted.

"Dear God I think you killed him." Suiren commented.
"I'm so sorry Shinta-chan!" she screamed, diving on top of him. Unfortunately as he came to he noticed her now ample and revealed cleavage, passing out again.
"Um, Yuriko, if you want to keep him conscious, you MIGHT want to put something on over the suit for now." Suiren replied.

Yuriko nodded and grabbed a coverall and wrapped it around her body as the others donned shorts and tank tops or T-shirts before heading downstairs after waking up Navcase. They soon met with the girls downstairs.

"Come on let's go!" Ran moaned grumpily.
"<Karen!>" a voice exclaimed excitedly.
"Oh great...it's her again." Allison moaned.
"<Where' you goin'?>" A chipper Xiaoyu inquired, dressed in shorts, a white tank top and a bucket hat.
"<The beach.>" Karen answered after her friends insisted through various hand motions that she not say where they were going.
"<Oh, cool! Can I come too?>" Xiaoyu asked.

The others motioned for Karen to dump her for the day, however Karen was too nice and said she could. Xiaoyu hugged her and the group headed off for the van, with Ran moaning grumpily the whole way there.

Thus their journey began. Ran, at everyone's insistence, took a little nap for herself to catch up on lost sleep while Teresa, Yoko, and Suiren resumed their discussion on the best way to get a guy to notice you. Karen joined in as well, while Allison tried to block out the annoyance as she prayed that they would get there soon. Xiaoyu seemed to be on her cell phone the whole trip, talking to someone.

At last they arrived, and everyone filed out of the vehicle happily. Scanning over the beach, most of the spots had already been taken.

"I TOLD YOU we should have left without them!" Allison complained. "Now we'll never get a good spot."
"Calm down will ya? Look, there's a good sunny spot right over there. Come on." Teresa said, pointing.

The girls and guy weaved past sunbathers on lounge chairs, towels, and blankets alike, children building sand castles, fortresses, and other structures as they came across their spot. Once there, the group laid down their beach blanket and broke out their cooler and other things, while Allison set up a portable director's type chair for herself as Teresa, Yoko, and Suiren laid out towels. The three passed around the lotion as Teresa explained her strategy for getting guys at the beach, which seemed to revolve around lying in the sun for a prolonged period of time, until a hapless one comes close enough to admire them, at which point they "wake up" and introduce themselves. Allison scoffed at this plan, as she took her seat, donned sunglasses and proceeded to fall asleep. Ran ran down to the surf to get water for sand castle construction while Teresa laid down on her towel and proceeded to read a magazine while Yoko undid her straps and laid her head on her arms and closed her eyes. Suiren headed off in the opposite direction to go see if there were any really cute guys to flirt with.

"Make sure he has friends!" Teresa called after her.

Xiaoyu grabbed the lotion and put some on her chest and legs before lying on her back and placing the hat over her face while using one of the other's T-shirts as a pillow. Minutes later Ran returned with a bucket full of water, which she poured on the sand to make it into mortar for the castle. Yuriko, intrigued by this idea, decided to help out.

Navcase sat there, not knowing what to do. He did not understand this strange female ritual of lying in the sun half-naked. Nor did he know what to do himself. As he sat contemplating, a strange feeling came over him. He felt a presence. He was not sure what, but it could be a Seishi. He had to look. Yuriko and Ran seemed to be occupied with their sand castle building, Yoko was out like a light, Teresa was absorbed in her magazine, as Karen slumped over, absorbed in her music. Xiaoyu was also out of the picture. Using this opportunity, he proceeded to sneak away before being stopped by Yuriko.

"Where are you going Shinta-chan?" she asked.
"I thought I felt a presence. I'm going to go check it out." he replied.
"Be careful. You don't have a sword to protect you right now. Come back safely." Yuriko said.
"I will. Take care of things here." he answered, walking off.
"Where's he going?" Teresa asked, looking up from her magazine.
"For a walk. He'll be back later." Ran answered.
"Okay." Teresa said, turning onto her back and placing her magazine over her face. "Let me know if any cute guys spot us."
"Okay." Ran answered, getting back to the sand castle.

Some distance away, out of their prying eyes, Kinuko, dressed in a skimpy two piece, watched the group through binoculars.

"They're here all right." she said to her swimsuit clad companions. "Want me to take them out?"
"No. With Xiaoyu with them we run the risk of hitting her or some other innocent bystander. That and your sniper rifle would cause too much of a scene." Toshihiko explained.
"And you walking around with that sword of yours won't?" she said, lowering the binoculars from her eyes, giving him a stern but quizzical look to his hypocritical and contradictory remark.
"I have another task. To destroy that swordsman of theirs."
"Need any help?" Touru asked.
"No, you take care of the others. I'll deal with him myself." Toshihiko replied, walking off with his covered up sword.
"I, on the other hand, since you MEN won't let me help, am going to get a great tan." Kinuko replied, lying down on her back and donning her sunglasses.

Navcase walked carefully along the stretch of beach as the waves crashed and the tide came up, tickling his feet with a cold rush of surf. Little kids ran up and down the waves, as lovebirds walked hand in hand past him. At one point, Navcase stopped. Standing several feet away from him was Toshihiko, who seemed to have a large cloth wrapped around something, as Wolfwood did with his cross.

"You again." Navcase replied, summoning his Seishi wardrobe.
"I keep trying to figure out how you stay alive, celestial one, but no matter. This time, I shall defeat you using only my sword."

Navcase nodded, going to his side, only to find that he was still unarmed.

"Oh, that's right. I broke yours in our last duel. Use this in the meantime." he replied, tossing Navcase a katana. "Now, we begin."

Meanwhile, on the other side of the beach, Allison woke up from her snooze. At last, at least for a while, she had achieved peace and quiet. Looking at the others, they seemed to also be enjoying themselves. Yoko was on her stomach, getting a tan without worrying about tan lines with her straps loose at her side. Teresa was finally silent, asleep with a magazine over her face. Karen as usual had dozed off, and even Xiaoyu was out like a light. Yuriko and Ran were also enjoying themselves with their sand castle project. Then, a large shadow loomed over them. Karen started to wake up for a moment, looked up, and screamed, waking up the other girls, including Yoko, who hurriedly tied her straps before starting to run off before Yuriko grabbed her by them.

"<Come on!>" Karen shouted.
"<We'll be right behind you!>" Yuriko called back.
"Now you fools will suffer again." Touru declared, breaking out his nunchucku again, scaring off the other patrons. Yuriko broke out her Naginata and brandished it for combat, while Ran and Suiren went for their armor, only to sink into the sand under the weight. Yoko stood ready, also going into her Seishi garb, standing with her shakujo.

Yuriko charged forward with her spear, thrusting forward, before twirling it rapidly and slashing two more times, drawing blood from Touru.

"You're pretty brave. I think I may need to up the ante here." he replied.

A strange set of markings began to glow through his T-shirt as an aura of power radiated from him, scaring the other girls back. But they still had to try. Yuriko charged him again, going into a multi hit spree of jumping and slashing, ending by driving her spear between her legs and jumping back, but her attack was of no use, as he took his nunchucku and slammed her in the face with them, sending her flying backwards into the soft sand. Managing to fire her jets, Suiren launched herself airborne and came crashing down on top of him with her no-daichi, knocking him backwards.

"This seems to be doing something to him."
"What? How can they be hurting me? Their weapons must be magical..." Touru thought.

Suiren slashed several times with her sword, however Touru parried her third strike, causing her to go flying backward, landing in the soft sand. She attempted to get up and get airborne, firing her jets, but they stalled.

"Damn, must have gotten sand clogged in them..." Suiren swore to herself, bringing up her sword to block another blow from Touru. He whipped his nunchucku back and prepared to strike her again, however a spear came out of nowhere to block it, parrying it away.

"My turn." Yuriko said, standing firm in the soft sand.

She launched into a nine hit combo that involved slashes from all directions, stepping forwards, backwards, and stabbing downward from above, knocking the larger warrior back.

"There. Try that on for size." Yuriko said.

Touru rose unfazed and struck again with his Nunchucku, bruising Yuriko and knocking her backwards. He proceeded to stomp towards her moaning body. Yoko stood nearby, not knowing what to do. But she had to try something, or Yuriko was a goner. Going through a series of motions, she pointed at Touru, who suddenly was unable to move at all.

"Oh my God! It worked!" she exclaimed. "Like, I just cast a holding spell on you. You can't move!"
"Good Yoko! Now see if this big lug has any weaknesses!" Suiren shouted.
"Okay okay, don't have a cow..." Yoko said in her usual Valley voice, going into some sort of trance. "Um, he's like weak against weapons that hurt supernatural stuff and some junk, whatever that means."
"Good." Ran and Suiren said in unison deviously.

Touru looked up and watched in horror and braced for impact as the two girls, despite their movement problems, swiped and slashed at him time and time again, cutting him over and over, weakening him bit by bit. That was, until he blocked them both and pushed them back into the sand.

"Fools. You'll never beat us without that sword guy." he remarked.
"Sword guy?" Ran asked.
"Yeah, the dork in the strange outfit. Toshihiko should be killing him right now."
"Toshihiko...that must be the other guy's name!" Ran thought to herself.

At this Yuriko rose to her feet, with an angry glare cast at Touru. As her anger flared, her aura glowed brighter around her.

"NO...BODY...HURTS...MY SHINTA-CHAN!!!!" she shouted, glowing brightly and angrily. She charged at breakneck speed towards Touru, bringing out a cabinet full of economy sized cans of whup ass on him, as he was beaten time and time again with her blade, before rising off the ground and several feet in the air. She dived at him from the streaking past with her blade, and then to the right, straight through the center, before heading straight up and diving down in a spiral, causing all her gathered energy to fly out from the tip of her blade and cause a shockwave which knocked him back as she landed on her feet and began twirling her Naginata above her head as a tornado formed around her, sucking up sand into it. She then broke loose, crashing into him again, knocking him high into the sky, causing him to ping off in the distance Team Rocket style as Yuriko stopped her tornado and the girls shed their armor.

"We did it!" Ran exclaimed happily.
"Yeah, whatever." Yoko replied, lying back on her stomach and undoing her straps. "They wasted precious time I could have been sunbathing, so now I have to catch up."

Suiren laid down next to her, saving the towel next to them for Teresa once she got back with the other girls. Yuriko crashed on top of the blanket, exhausted from her battle with Touru.

A clang of metal and sparks flew as Toshihiko's sword collided with Navcase's, as the two backstepped away from each other. Navcase was forced to dive out of the way as Toshihiko pointed his sword directly at him, as the two dragon's heads on either side of the blade sent a long plume of flame racing towards him, singeing part of his clothing. He barely recovered before Toshihiko let fly with a lightning bolt, which Navcase absorbed with his sword and then sent flying back at Toshihiko, knocking him backwards and down as the bolts grounded themselves. Bracing the blade and charging in for a stab, Navcase sidestepped and backhanded him with Ryu Kan Sen. Toshihiko managed to recover, slashing from various angles, stepping forward while bending forward, kicking off from Navcase's chest, and launching into the air, flipping over and crashing down with his sword, knocking Navcase down. As he used his sword to get to his feet, Toshihiko nailed him with a force blast that knocked him even further away, as he charged Navcase with his sword low and out to the side, pointed towards the ground on an angle.

"Kakekomi Ryuu..." he called out as he got close and Navcase parried in defense.

With a slight smirk, Navcase's sword vanished from his hand, as Toshihiko continued his attack declaration, "Zokutou Tsurugi!" as he spun in a circle bringing the blade upward in a spiral, that ended with knocking Navcase skyward and crashing down on the sand, lying on the beach weakened and defeated, also knocking him out of his Seishi guise.

"You're not doing so well, are you. Until we meet again!" Toshihiko declared, sheathing his blade and wrapping the sheath up again before walking off, leaving Navcase to die.

The warrior trudged back up the beach through the increasingly thicker sand, his muscles aching from the confrontation. This was getting tiresome. For some celestial being he was not all that powerful. He had fought Navcase a total of three times already. Each battle this master warrior had been taken down. He used a style that had been lost for ages, a style which no one was supposed to know anymore. This style was supposed to be the ultimate in combat, a Black Ship on the shore. It was ingenious enough, designed to defeat opponents by taking advantage of natural blind spots or catching them by surprise with blinding speed. No matter how many times he tried, his opponent kept returning for another go. Why would he not die? Why would he not give up? WHY? He pulled every cheap trick in the book, and he still managed to survive.

He caught a glimpse of an seemingly unconscious, motionless, bronzed and baked Kinuko as he approached their site. Her hands were palms down on her towel, the sun shining brightly down on top of her, illuminating her like a spotlight in a brightly lit room. He sat down angrily in the sand, dropping his sword as well angrily, as she sat up and placed her sunglasses on her forehead.

"Go badly?" she asked sarcastically.
"WHY DOES HE MANAGE TO SURVIVE!!!!?" Toshihiko shouted angrily.
"I take that as a yes." she replied, pulling out more sunscreen from her bag and began lathering her arms as Toshihiko continued to fume.
"I tried frying him with lightning bolts, burning him with flame blasts, shooting him with bullets, AND HE STILL MANAGES TO SURVIVE!!!! It's barely even a challenge for me! It doesn't matter how bad I bruise him, slash him, burn him, fry him, he keeps bouncing back like that accursed bass drum beating bunny!" Toshihiko fumed.
"Do you need a hug?" she asked in a childish voice, attempting to mock him.
"No! And where is that big lug of endurance anyway?" Toshihiko complained.
"Dunno, should have come back by now. Oh well, time for the other side." Kinuko replied, turning on to her stomach and undoing her bikini strap.
"Would you be a dear and put some sunscreen on my back?" she asked.

Toshihiko grumbled as he moved over on his knees and began applying the substance all over her back. As he did so he heard a loud, deep voiced scream, as a shadow appeared over them.

"Damn cloud, it better move soon, I'm trying to make myself look sexy." Kinuko mumbled.
"That's no cloud..." Toshihiko said, scooting backwards as quickly as possible before diving out of the way as Touru came crashing down from above, pulling the beach blanket out from under Kinuko, leaving her on her towel, leaving a large indent in the ground.
"TOURU!!!!!!!!!!!" Kinuko shouted.

In the meantime, Karen and the others, along with the other beach goers, had returned to the scene after the battle died down. Teresa resumed her sunbathing as Karen decided to assist Ran with the sand castle project, as Yuriko was currently out like a light. As Yuriko slept, her body getting redder by the minute, a vision came into her head. It started out as a silhouette, and gradually became clearer and clearer, as she realized it was Navcase, lying on the ground, hanging on to life.

"<What is it?>" Karen asked.
"Shinta-chan. He's hurt."
"Let's go find him." Ran shouted.

With that the three headed off, assuming that the other members of the group would be fine until they got back. Guided by Yuriko, they scoured the area, searching all over the coastline until Ran saw something lying in the surf and called them over to him.

"Yuriko...I'm sorry..." Navcase said weakly.
"SHINTA-CHAN!!!! YOU PROMISED YOU PROMISED!!!!!! You shouldn't have fought without your sword!" Yuriko shouted hysterically.
"I'll be all right...we just have to get me back to the hotel room." he replied.
"<What happened this time?>" Karen asked.
"The same guy jumped me." he answered.
"<Are you just walking into trouble here? You've worried your girlfriend how many times now?>" Karen asked.
"I can't defeat him with my skills alone...he's too powerful..." Navcase replied weakly.
"Come on. Let's get back home." Ran said.

The group returned to their "camp", and made plans for immediate departure. Teresa, Suiren and Yoko had sullen looks on their faces as they entered the vehicle, angry that they had failed to find cute guys to hang on. Yuriko was burnt to a crisp, and Xiaoyu had gathered somewhat of color. They immediately headed back to Boston, to the hotel, despite Karen's insistence that Navcase see a doctor.

Later...

"Shinta-chan, are you all right now?" Yuriko asked, after dressing most of his injuries.
"I should be, for now. But I need another sword if I'm going to face that warrior again." Navcase said. "He has far too many tricks up his sleeve. I was unsure what his weapon was before, but now I am positive that it is a rune weapon. If I'm to beat him I am going to need one as well. Gatousu and Hiten Mitsurugi Ryuu are not enough to beat him." Navcase replied.

At that moment Yoko came out of the shower, into their conversation.

"Yoko, I need to borrow your hat." Navcase asked.
"Sure, knock yourself out." she said, grabbing the item and holding it above his head. She dropped it, causing him to vanish and the hat to land on the carpet.
"Good luck, Shinta-chan." Yuriko said.

To Be Continued...


Next Episode

NAVCASE: The warrior Toshihiko is quite a challenge. Time and time again he has beaten me in one on one combat.

YOKO: Duh, that's because he like cheats?

NAVCASE: My journey takes me back to the Palace in order to devise a strategy and instrument to even up the odds against my current foe.

TERESA: In the meantime, we take Yuriko shopping!

NAVCASE: I hope both of these situations turn out all right.

YURIKO: It's next time on Ronin Warriors: Hell Back on Earth; Kotetsu Rebirth. Don't miss it, even though there's no Shinta-chan fanservice in it!

ANUBIS: And we promise to have Ryo back to normal by then...

RYO/ED: Okie dokie Mr. Carrot Top!