Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Sorrow's Light ❯ Hurt LIttle Creatures ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: You knew it. I don't own them at all….sigh…
 
Alright, here comes the next chapter of Sorrow's Light. As I was thinking, I have to work with healing first…then work with the regular action…or maybe I should mix it. I haven't an idea…though if you have any, please let me know. I'm starting to get stumped!
 
Sorrow's Light
 
Chapter One: Hurt Little Creatures
 
“Someone help!” Yulie's feet thudded along the path, no longer relying upon the skateboard as he rushed to the Koji manor, obsessed with the idea that he had to get the small bundle in his arms there. The rain was pouring, and he had left without his parent's permission, just so he could make it in time to do as he needed to do and make sure that it was alright.
 
Maybe this was why they had been so surprised when he had stumbled into the door. His parents hadn't wanted to help, but something told the child that it was dire to bring this poor thing to the Koji household, and not just because it was injured. He had learned, over the years that his instincts sometimes were the only things you could listen to. A valuable lesson Sage had taught him in Kendo practice, and he learned it well from each of his Ronin friends and the girls.
 
The bundle squirmed in his arms, reminding him how weak it truly was, and the rain itself showing the mood that had been forecasted amongst the people he loved. Finally, he made it, dashing up the steps to the manor; he all but stormed in, crying for help.

Instantly, thuds were heard around as first Cye, and then Kento darted to the open doorway area, starting in surprise. There, before them, stood a Yulie close to tears, holding a bundle that was squirming less and less by the minute. The poor kid was dripping wet, obviously in his struggle to keep whatever it was on him dry, blood staining the cloth that wrapped it. Yulie looked up at them pitifully as Ryo, Sage and Rowen showed up, followed by Mia, “Help him, please Mia?”
 
“Oh Yule…” Mia sighed, walking forward, the current plight of the household all to familiar as she looked at the creature in his arms, “I don't know if it will survive.”
 
“You have to try, Mia! Maybe Sage can heal him, he needs a home! Or at least a place to rest and get better,” Yulie begged, his eyes pleading.
 
“Mia's right, it doesn't look like it will survive,” Rowen started, then stopped as he felt Ryo's arm in his gut. Glaring, he watched as Sage stepped forward, looking at the poor thing, “I'm not sure I can, but we can try, right? The problem is, I can't use too much of my power. The problem at this point is that a flare of energy will draw the enemy, so I can't heal it all the way.”
 
Yulie looked almost heartbroken, his rage and anger beginning to rise as he felt the injustice that Cye and Kento were now trying to fix. At least Ryo said nothing, at least silently rooting him on!
 
“Come on Yulie, we can at least take it to the shelter, maybe they can take care of it? You know, find a doctor for it?” Mia asked as Yulie burst out in tears, “But it won't survive till then! I just know it!”
 
The guys looked at each other as a voice spoke up from behind them all, tired and almost world weary, with a sense of purpose, “Let me see it.”
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~~**~*~*~*~*~*
 
Lena had begun to awaken as Mia had entered the library, though drowsy. She hadn't been sleeping well, though she knew that was probably a part of the fact of her family truly being gone. Even now, she had a hard time admitting it. It just wasn't fair…How could they be? Even now, in her dreams, she heard them die, their cries and laughs, their spirits that she hadn't heard since then. They had moved on, why couldn't she?
 
Blinking groggily, she watched Mia flee the room, deciding that she should probably get up. Rising up, she grimaced. She felt so useless. Sure, she still trained with the guys, still trained with Kayura; they said she was getting better all the time. But at the same time, it hadn't been enough. What if it were to happen again?
 
She hated doubting herself, and lately, that was all she had done. Why was she a tomboy? Why did things happen that way? The list went on and on, and all it came down to was the fact that she didn't want to admit to what she needed. Sure, the guys and Mia took care of her, but who did she take care of? That was it, she didn't have that anymore. Those siblings of hers, she had helped raise them. She helped keep the household running at her old place. Here? All it seemed was that she brought it down. What could she do?
 
She tilted her head, hearing the cries that were coming from the downstairs. Sounded like Yulie had come over, but he was distraught this time. Better go see what was wrong, and stop a fight with one of the guys. It was bound to happen, with everyone so high strung over everything. Walking down the stairs, she watched as the guys each said something to the boy.
 
Scrunching up her face, she watched closely as Yulie gripped the bundle to him tightly, as if by letting go it would fade away. They kept telling him it would probably die…what the heck was it? Was she supposed to know? She frowned, listening to the spirits in the room. Man, they were everywhere.
 
“What's going on, wind? Light? Do you know?” She asked of the spirits that she felt in the room. Wind and Light became general terms, since the spirits themselves had names of their own, but she wasn't sure which of them were which at this point. Another stab at her conscious.
 
The child worries…afraid that the bundle in his arms will die before he can find the help…
 
The other people do not think they can help, only believing that after Halo heals it as much as he can, the thing will die…
 
“Thank you,” She said, scrunching up her face, still wondering what it was. She sighed, finally raising her voice in a tired, world weary sounding kind of way, “Let me see it.”
 
The guys lifted their heads, surprised to find her there. She scrunched her nose up a bit, not liking that they hadn't though she would come down, but was unable to think of another reason to dispute it. She had been recluse recently. Smiling up at the guys, she weaseled her way up to where Yulie was. Kneeling till she was on eyelevel with the kid, she held still as she felt a hand on either shoulder, as if Mia and Sage were using her to balance.
 
“May I?” She asked, motioning to the blanket that was in Yulie's arms. She smiled reassuringly at the child, who nodded, stepping forward to show her the bloodied bundle. Carefully, she took it in her arms, despite feeling the cold nose of a White tiger against her arm. Smiling slightly at White Blaze, who had been her shadow these past few days, she looked once more to the large bundle in her arms. She frowned a bit at that. This thing shouldn't be this light, it was too big!
 
Removing the cover, her eyes widened. A dog, no, puppy, lay in her arms. The poor thing couldn't have been more then six months old at the most, maybe seven. Rubbing a hand on its forehead, over the white diamond that was there, she sighed, looking up at the hopeful child's face.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Yulie watched her, silently as he prayed. This was the last Ronin, she had to help! She just had to! He didn't care; he didn't want this thing to die. This was the only place that could try, and while he knew Mia wouldn't have left the thing in the shelter, no vet was open at this hour of night. Praying was all he could do.
 
Lena sighed before him, glancing up at Sage and Mia, the others behind him, looking over at Mia. A look on her face seemed to telegraph a silent question, which Mia nodded, offering a wane smile, “Alright.”
 
Lena nodded, feeling Sage's hand tighten on her shoulder. Looking over at Yulie, she couldn't believe what she was about to do. Smiling, “Yulie, I will care for him, if it's alright with Mia.”
 
Mia sighed, nodding at that, “It's fine, just please, don't be disappointed if it doesn't survive.”
 
Yulie nodded, leaping forward to give Lena a hug, before backing off at Sage's tolerant warning glance. Lena chuckled, the first she had given in probably days, giving off a lighter mood to the rest, “Come on, kiddo. Let me show you how to help this guy. Guys? Know where the bandages are?”
 
The guys set to work to help the girl out with a good heart. Something told them, everything would be alright.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~**~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
For the second time that night, Mia roamed her house, trying to find everyone and check up on them before she went in for the night. Peeking into the kitchen, there was Cye, yet again making something. Though, this time, a small bounce in his step could be seen as he made a little bit of food for the puppy that was now in all their care to eat in the morning. Mia smiled; glad to see that helping something that was helpless could put a smile on all their faces.
 
Turning around, she nearly ran into Ryo, whom she offered a smile, which he readily returned. Quickly grasping hands, he leaned down and gave her a small kiss, saying goodnight. For some reason, Ryo's guilt had lessoned. Obviously, not all the way; judging by the night kiss, but it was just enough to give Mia a lighter frame of mind.
 
Sighing, she found Rowen snoozing in a chair in the dinning room. Shaking her head, she woke the young man up just in time to watch him pass Kento, who was coming by to say goodnight. Both of them, ready for bed, were slightly like their former selves as well as they walked up the stairs.
 
Turning, she headed into the living room, seeing the light of the fire going on in there. She shook her head, thinking about how she had better bank it, when she blinked and smiled. Lying on the rug, White Blaze looked up at her, giving her almost a tiger grin. Using him as a pillow lay Lena, sleeping soundly for quite possibly the first time since they had gotten back. Her arm was draped loosely around the unnamed puppy, a small smile on her face as she held it close. She was still feeding it life force, intent on fulfilling her promise to the child who had already gone home, which was to do her best to save the puppy.
 
Footsteps fell behind Mia as she turned around, surprised to see the blond headed Sage standing before her. Smiling, she looked back, “She looks peaceful.”
 
“Yea, I think the puppy is here for a reason,” Sage said, offering a rare smile now adays. Mia glanced up at him, slightly alarmed as she tried to figure out what he meant. Sage answered the unspoken question, “I think we all needed something like that. Something to take care of, something to remind us that there is life beyond our depression. These are dangerous times, Mia, you know that. I think that this was the ticket to pull us out.”
 
Mia nodded, taking it all in as he said it, “Yea, I think you are right. It's possible, just possible, that Lena just needed something to care for.”
 
Sage nodded, smiling; after all, it looked like she was finally getting the idea. Mia looked up at him, nodding her head as he left her side, draping a blanket over the sleeping forms before them. Mia smiled as she watched the warrior of Light act as a sentry as he picked the girl up, Mia walking forward to grasp the puppy. Together, they put them in Lena's bed, tucked them in, and left them to rest as White Blaze walked into Ryo's room.
 
Leaving the door, Mia blinked, seeing a book that lay on Lena's desk. Poems….huh? Well, she could take a look at them tomorrow, when the day was young. Now was time for sleep. Perhaps the next day could bring the blessings that the last month refused to offer. Smiling, she followed Sage's example and went to bed.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
There you have it! My first chapter! Sorry that took so long, I was busy with work and getting college into order. Tough stuff, believe me. It isn't easy to try to keep up, since half the time I have to wing it. Well, I hoped you liked it! See you next round!
 
Hikaru
 
Reviews: Thanks guys!
 
Inda: Glad you liked it, and glad to hear from you once again! I appreciate the kind words, and if you have any ideas for me, send em my way. I'm starting to get writer's block! ARG! Lol
 
Meira Evanstar: Updated! Though not soon, for which I apologize greatly! Well, I suppose it's all good, right? Well, keep in touch, hope you liked it, and it's always great to hear from you all!
 
1Scorpion2: I'm glad you've been keeping up with my work! I appreciate the kind words and hope to hear from you again as well.
 
LegendsGuardian: Thanks for the analyzing. I appreciate it a lot, and you know, I always pay attention to what everyone has to say about my work. Thanks!