Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Sorrow's Light ❯ Arrow ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: You know it by now.
 
Alright! Here goes my next round of chapter! AS usual, I apologize for not getting to be able to truly say thank you for the wonderful reviews, but at the same time, I really do appreciate you doing so. As for the rest? I will soon have a one-shot up for my one-shot insanity, and I hope it works out.
 
Sorrow's Light
 
Chapter 3: Arrow
 
 
Heaven's relief has hidden itself
 
Lost in confines my mind refuses to see…
 
Hope is trying to find its way back to me
 
But all I see is the darkness that envelops as I sit on my knees
 
 
I'm lost, help me up
 
I pray, No one hears
 
I search, you fail to find
 
I hear, merely whispers in my mind
 
 
I'm so lost, and no one can find me
 
Endeavors to free me are lost beyond time
 
Heaven's unable to help me now
 
I sink ever lower…the spell that is mine
 
 
Beyond recognition is my sea of doubt
 
Given to find
 
All within my head
 
I wonder if I'll ever see the light, ever again.
 
This is how I felt so many times before. I can't stop thinking about the problem that were instore for us all. The guys are finally healing, thankfully, but I'm still lost and can't figure things out.
 
I still take care of that puppy, Christmas has past. I wonder at times, if Mia plans to find it that home she keeps talking about. Personally, I don't want to see it go, so maybe she'll let us keep it. But the poor woman pays for so much, I don't think she can really afford it. It isn't her fault, the woman has a heart bigger then gold, and she's worth more then her weight in it.
 
What's in store for us. I can't know anymore. Christmas was fun, sure the shadows were still there, but at the same time, I'm beginning to see life again. I know I can never forgive myself for what had happened, for not being there when my family died, but I do know one thing.
 
If anything happens to this family of mine, my guardian or brothers, I won't hesitate. I refuse to. That is why I have to keep going. It's sobering, it truly is. I know that I will be like this for a long time to come, but nothing will release me from it on any level that I can access.
 
~I won't give in…*drip*…I can't…~
 
 
Journal entry placed after Christmas Celebration by Lena in her poems book, found by Mia and Rowen.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
“AHh…light shall reign upon us once more, I forsee it my son…we shall find the weilder…and take their power…” Lethias rambled on, his eyes unfocused at the wall as Taiki grimaced, nodding. The young demon forced a smile at his father, “Yes, Father. We shall. Then we can release the nether spirits, find the flute and take over Earth, right?”
 
“Yes, My son! You are growing to be so smart…when you are old enough, maybe you shall lead in my place…my place…yes…that seems nice…when you are older…” Lethias smiled happily, his blond hair grungy as he glanced from side to side, his mind once again in another realm.
 
Taiki rose, sadly. Lethias had been proud, prouder then any of the demons, the strongest known. Instead, those stupid Rats had destroyed that, leaving his father insane, taking the “light” away from them. SO many had died, fighting the Ronins. Many deaths were owed to those fighters, yes.
 
The new demon lord was driven. Not by insanity, or lust for power. Merely revenge and the unexpected, the best way to get those was through taking over the world at large and claiming the power his father once relished.
 
Power, that was something else he had thought about. That spirited girl's eyes, how they sparked with defiance. Licking his lips, he nodded, oh yes. This should be fun. It was time to begin the attack, bring back the pain those humans deserved, and to get what he truly wanted.
 
See, while Lethias was known as the strongest, that was the key word. Known…Taiki was far stronger. HE would give them a battle of their lives. Perhaps t was a good thing the Armor of Spirit showed up. The girl of Heart would provide good entertainment as the other Ronins died.
 
Licking his lips once more, he tore himself from his thoughts, heading to ready his troops. Black cloak billowing out about him, he closed his eyes, opening them as he headed forth. It was time to begin the attack.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
“I don't know what I'm going to do, Sage,” Mia sighed, looking at each of her boys with a small sigh.
 
“The puppy is healed, and should be fine no matter what we do with it,” Rowen said, his voice soft.
 
They sat around the table, discussing the one topic they all had avoided for the last month. A month, flat out, the dog had been with them. True to it's nature, it became excitable, but mostly, it promised to be a large dog. To top it off, Mia was wondering if she should keep it with them. The fact is, they all loved the dog. The problem? Mia had more of a headache then she needed, and while financially she could easily take it in, she didn't know if she could handle it on top of everything else she tried to do. Twenty seemed to be such a difficult age now…
 
Kento's eyes glinted softly, “Why can't we keep it? We all love it. Besides, I swore I almost saw Lena smiling at it. Isn't that reason enough?”
 
“True, when it came, we weren't able to get our heads out of the depression. Now, we can at least hold our heads high again. It gave us something to think about that was different,” Cye said, shaking his head with a shrug as he set the tray of mugs on the table.
 
Ryo lifted his brows, “But who would take care of it?” Mia seconded it, still doubtful as Sage spoke, “Simple. We may have school, but Lena hasn't been enrolled yet. She won't be until next school year due to her loses, right?”
 
Mia thought about it, “I don't know guys; it's unfair to expect her to take care of it on her own.”
 
The guys sat in collective thought as the sound of a guitar came through, faint singing accompanying it gently. As one, they glanced at each other in surprise, and then left to go check out what it was that was causing the ruckus.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Once again, Lena lay on her bed, stretched out as she looked across the walls. She and Mia ad worked hard to make the decorations fit her, but still, it wasn't entirely home yet. Glancing around, her eyes lighted upon the five things she had mad sure she took with her as memories of her family. The rest that was willed to her was placed in storage, guarded by top notch protective security due to the reasoning that her case was a special federal one that was still unsolved. She just went along with it.
 
Upon the wall sat the first of the items. A small teddy bear on top of a car. Chris's…her little brother. She missed him so much.
 
Her mother's was a broach she hid away so no one could find it. Amethyst inlaid with gold, it was one of her father's first gifts to her mother, and she treasured it more then anything. The butterfly shape always entranced her when she was younger, it still did.
 
Her father's was more difficult, since she couldn't take the pictures he had framed and treasured. What she had done was take one of his medals and placed it upon her dresser with a small smile. Military retired, he was her father still.
 
Maron had given her favorite teddy bear up for Lena's sake. The shriveled and loved thing now sat on her dresser next to her father's medal. However, the thing that sat next to the dresser was what she was now going for. Picking it up, she headed out to sit on the back porch swing, sedate and lost in thought over the thing she held that had belonged to Lora.
 
Running her fingers along the base of the guitar, she thought back to what Lora had taught her, showing her the motions and movements her fingers needed to adopt for such notes and rhythms. Bending her head over it, she clenched her eyes shut, her teeth gritting against each other as she once more sunk into that depression that had seemed to consume her. About to go into a rant, she felt a paw on her leg.
 
Opening her eyes, she smiled, seeing the large puppy before her. She shook her head as she worked to calm herself down, glad that no one else had their mental links open at the time. The dog came up, intelligent eyes focusing on her in his own way. Wagging it's tail, it nuzzled the guitar then her leg and sat. Repeating it, Lena chuckled slightly.
 
“What's this? Want me to try playing?” The dog's tail wagged a bit more, Lena just shook her head, “I'm better with Keyboards you know…”
 
The puppy just stared at her as she sighed, shaking her head, “Well…it isn't the flute of Spirits, so it couldn't hurt at all…” She glanced at the dog, “Alright….one song.”
 
It yelped happily at her as she smiled, White Blaze walking over to the porch, laying down by her feet as he watched on, answering the yelps he had heard. Lena smiled with a nod, striking the first cords as her hands depicted the half remembered ways of playing the instrument that had been taught to her by her sister. Speaking to the animals, she hadn't noticed the bodies that came to stand behind her in the door, listening, “Alright you two. This song my sister and I wrote…I hope I remember it. I think it fits, somehow.”
 
Her fingers began plucking the cords of a haunting melody, her eyes closed as she recalled the words of her song back to her mind. The first song she and her sister had written, no less. The steady beat seemed to rock heads on it's own accord, despite the faulty cording she gave from times of ill practice.
 
“Heaven tries my patience…
Offering me nothing but pain…
You see nothing of me
Merely the object at main…
 
Oh…why can't you see…
I'm crying….crying out for you…
I've failed you
Your spirit is gone
And I'm left alone….
 
Forsaken…
That is my life
Forsaken…
Given nothing but strife…
You can't see…what happens to me..
Forsaken…Forsaken…
 
My struggles are unheard…
Writhing in the guilt…
You placed it upon me…
Why do I blame myself?
 
I can't see what we used to have..
Marred by the mistake of another..
I'm left here, all alone
Wondering why I am….
I can no longer see who I am….
 
 
Forsaken…
That is my life
Forsaken…
Given nothing but strife…
You can't see…what happens to me..
Forsaken…Forsaken…
 
She laughed slightly, at the dark tune she had just played. They had written it after watching a bunch of idiots bullying some little kids and Lora's break up with her boyfriend. They had adored the song, so they kept it. The puppy yelped again, placing it's paws on her knees.
 
Lena smiled, nodding, “Alright…one more. And I won't do one that has a dark feel to it, alright? How about normal love ones?”
 
The puppy yelped as White Blazed purred. Lena, encouraged, thanked the gods that no one was watching her but these two. With that thought, she broke into the next song, “Shot through the heart, and you're to blame…You give love…a bad name!”
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
The guys stood, watching Lena as she sang to the animals. They knew for a fact her stuff wasn't usually that dark, they had seen her poems, but somehow, hearing this song, was a shock to their systems. Interesting, how two sisters could collaborate to get this. Furthermore, was the shock of hearing Bon Jovi come from them like that as well.
 
Neither of them had missed how she had flashed a genuine smile at the dog, how she was coming out of pity trips, how she was being more herself. Mia just shook her head, smiling.
 
Sage cleared his throat, letting the girl know instantly that they were there. It was almost comical, the way she tried to hide the guitar as she looked up at them. A flush stained her cheeks, her eyes wide as she looked at them, biting her lip slightly, “S-sorry..i didn't mean to bug you…or anything…”
 
Rowen shook his head as Ryo grinned. Kento then Cye both gave the girl a hug as Sage just smiled. Mia chose to speak, “Actually, we liked to hear it.”
 
Lena just blushed as Mia sighed, glancing around at each of them, “Well, I made a decision, and Lena, I need you to do something really important for me.”
 
Lena blinked at her, watching her intently with a small feeling of dread, seeing Mia's eyes dart back and forth among the Dog and herself. Mia smiled gently, “I need you to name that puppy and care for it. I think we are gonna have to work to make sure it can stay!”
 
The guys smiled brightly as Lena gasped. She couldn't believe it. But truth be told, she had the perfect name as it was. Looking at the others, she leaned at the seven month old dog. Placing a hand on it's grayish black head, she ran a finger along the white diamond like patch on his forehead. Smiling, she nodded, “I think I want to name you, Arrow.”
 
Arrow yelped up at his mistress, a happy noise that caused the others to smile. Rowen looked up as Sage voiced their question, “Hey Lena?”
 
“Hmm?”
 
“Play another song for us, please?”
 
Lena just laughed, sitting down once more as she began to strum the tune to another made up song. She sang only for two things. Them…and the memory of her sister. Living out her sister's dream was the first step…yes, the first step.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*
 
“Looks like the light..
Is here at last…
I have a hope…
It's strength is there…
 
I know I'll win
If I keep trying
Looking forward
As we try for…
 
The strength of our lives…
Keeping us there...
Trying our hardest
To live through the scare…
 
Lost but found,
You were there
Keeping me alive
Showing you care
 
I know I can win
If you stay with me
We'll show the world
How tough we can be!
The strength of our lives…
Keeping us there...
Trying our hardest
To live through the scare…
 
 
Strength of life~By Lena. The second song she sang for them.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~~
 
Author's note: What can I say. It took long enough to get this one going, since I wanted to make sure I got this part out of the way. Next round will be the action! So be sure to check it out! Again, thanks to all who have reviewed, I truly appreciate it. Legendsguardian gave me some good ideas, I just pray to get some more! By the way, the two full length songs and the poem are mine! I am in the process of copywriting them, so please, if you want to use them, let me know so I won't report it! Thank you!
 
Hikaru