Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Sorrow's Light ❯ Historical References ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ok, as you know, I don't have the deeds to these wonderful animes, so obviously I have to say that since I don't own them, well…you know the drill!
 
Here is the next chapter, coming at you. So far I'm trying my best to speed these up, but tests are coming up, so yea, please bear with me! College isn't easy!! Anyways, thanks all for the support you've given! I appreciate it!
 
Sorrow's Light
 
Chapter 4: History Repetition
 
 
Giving isn't the same as taking..
We are always lost in this
Giving away what we should keep
Then lost in the time of those gone past
~
Heaven forgives what Hell forgets
Loosing their minds in time's lost hold
Closing the clouds, leads to the storm
Given in thought as soon as it goes
~
Endless repetition…
A cry in the dark
I see all the things
I wish to forget…
Why don't they leave?
Stop haunting me so...
Endless repetition
Release me of your hold…
~
Give me release…
Let me free…
Hide me away…
From the rest of the world…
~
I don't wanna face them…
I wanna be free…
Give me a chance…
I'll show the world!
~
Endless repetition…
A cry in the dark
I see all the things
I wish to forget…
Why don't they leave?
Stop haunting me so
Endless repetition
Release me of your hold…
 
 
Endless Repetition-Written by Lena before Arrow's adoption
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
 
“Oh great…it's happening again!” Lena cried out, dodging to the side as an arrow whizzed passed her head, clutching the bracelet she still wore that the guys gave her when she left Japan the first time. Instantly, Kento was at her side, swinging his fist at the creature who started surging after her as she fell, “Watch it, sis!”

“I'll keep that in mind!” She cried, jumping up. Amazing, how this all just snuck up on them. One minute, they were walking, taking Arrow back home from registering him when the attack began. Currently, the dog was back with Mia and White Blaze, who had appeared on the scene. Six under gears had flashed onto the warrior's bodies as they sought to win the surprise attack on them.
 
Rowen pulled his famous roundhouse kick, or so he called it, on the next creature. Cye stood back, guarding their rear as he punched and kicked in a flurry rare for him. Beside him, Sage grunted, holding stance then flashing forth to take another rush as Ryo cried out, “Careful guys! These things aren't understanding that we mean business!”

“And what about girls?” Lena cried, jumping back and landing next to their unofficial leader with a small smirk. Ryo just gave her a look, which she stuck her tongue out at. For some reason, the fight made her happy, as if she were doing something to truly help. All those training sessions she had with the Warlords, Kayura and the regular Ronins were finally paying off. A year's worth of training now, and she was suddenly fit. Maybe it was the armor that let her learn so fast….either way, she held her own.
 
“Stop acting like a guy, and maybe I'll remember!” Ryo teased, jumping back from both the monster he fought and the little sister he had gained over time.
 
Lena just glared as Cye cried out, “Watch out!”

Gasping slightly, Rowen rushed forward recklessly, picking up Lena over his shoulder as he jumped to the side, getting her out of the way as Sage punched the next one, “Careful, little girl!”

She just grimaced as she was set down, all of them gathering together, “There is so many of them!”
 
“We just have to keep going!” Rowen shouted.
“That's it, guys! To Arms!” Ryo cried out, bringing his hands before him, “Armor of Wildfire! Dao Jin!”
 
Red light flared as Rowen swung around, “Armor of Strata! Dao Chi!”
 
“Oh yea….My turn,” Kento licked his lips, “Armor of Hardrock! Dao Gi!”
 
“Hardhead,” Sage muttered, slamming yet another of these weak demons, crying out, “Armor of Halo! Dao Rei!”
 
Cye just sighed, “Here we go again mates, and does it ever end? Armor of Torrent! Dao Shin!”
 
Lena just sighed, jumping back with the guys, her voice ever sarcastic “No, why should it? Armor of Spirit! Dao Kitai!”
 
A flare of light from the six armors left the demons momentarily blinded as the armors appeared, showing the designated colors. Lena merely walked forward, pushing one of the long priestess like sleeves from her arm as she tilted her head, “Oh boy….”
 
“Oh yea! Fight em back!” Kento smirked, ready to rush forward as a voice entered the area, familiar and haunting.
 
“Sorry my doves…but I can't let you. Now that you've pulled your armors out, I believe it's time for a battle!”
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
“So the battle has begun?” Kayura asked, once more looking into the mirror at Demon spy before her.
 
“Yes. I'm afraid I can't tell you what Taiki plans this time. He wouldn't tell anyone, but I do know one thing…”
 
“What is it?” Kayura asked, about ready to call out her armor.
 
“He has revenge on his mind….but furthermore, I think he's going to split them up like we did when we fought the Ronins for Talpa.”
 
“Then that means…” Kayura whispered.
 
“They need our help…” Dais/Damien watched her silently.
 
“Alright…then we-“ Kayura whirled to the side as the Ancient's staff began to clang, “Oh no….”
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
“Sorry my doves…but I can't let you. Now that you've pulled your armors out, I believe it's time for a battle!” Taiki appeared, a black cape flipping about his form in an adaptation of his father's style. Lena started, glaring up at the demon as he laughed, “Let's play a game!”
 
A light flashed causing all of them to cry out in pain. Curses were heard throughout the area as they shook off the light, opening their eyes as the demon rushed forth, blasting them hard with an energy they hadn't realized they'd get hit with just yet.
 
Mia's scream alerted them that it was happening as a deafening roar filled the area, and that was the last to be heard, before it went dark.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
“Ryo…wake up! Please wake up!” A female voice lulled the warrior of fire to awake. Tiger blue eyes focused on green ones as he smiled, whispering a name on his lips, “Mia…?”
 
“That's right! Oh Ryo! I was really worried…I though you weren't going to wake up after that!” She cried, sitting back.
 
Ryo sat up, feeling the muzzle of a giant white tiger and grinned, using White Blaze to pull himself up. Glancing around, her frowned, not liking the darkness, “What's going on, Mi?”
 
“Not sure…that white light hit us, and we all went unconscious I think. Either way, we are here now, and I don't know where the guys are,” Mia spoke, standing next to him. Ryo glanced at her, “Then we'll find them….”
 
They were interrupted by a roar as they saw a revived dynasty souldier step forth, causing them to tense. Oh…this wasn't good….
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
“Crap! Where is everyone?” Kento shouted out, Cye covering his ears, “Mate, stop yelling! I can't hear anything when you do that!”
 
Kento glanced at him sheepishly, “Sorry, Cye, it's just that…well…I'm worried.”
 
“We all are, buddy, but either way, we need to get out of here,” Cye spoke, nodding his head as he thought about what to do, “Man…wish Ro or Sage were here. They'd know what to do….”
 
Kento merely nodded as something hard hit him in the head. Glancing to the side, he grimaced, hearing the noises of battle, “Cye! That way!”
 
Cye nodded, rushing forth. Someone was fighting, and he had a feeling that it was one of their own, “Be careful Kento! This place is familiar…I think this is where Sage and I went to pull Lena back the first time!”
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
“Rowen! You alright?” Sage cried, swinging his sword up to block the next pass in this dark area that surrounded them.
 
Rowen grimaced, pulling himself up as another Soldier made its way after them, “Yea, fine! But I thought all these solders were gone!”
 
“Yea, but this doesn't make sense!” Sage cried as Rowen shouted, “What does it matter? The dynasty's back? The evil one, our worst fears! We have to get it out of the way!”
 
Sage frowned, slicing forth. The worst fear….eh? What could this mean?
 
~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
“Guys?” Lena cried out, running along the path. Silence prevailed around, dark seeping into her mind. Shivering, she pushed forth, the transparent pink sash at her waist fluttering against the purple of the cloth she wore over her lighter armor. Arrow and White Blaze were no where to be found.
 
“Oh god…this is just like last time….” She muttered out, stopping in her run as she glanced around, hearing the noise of chatter to the right. Steeling herself, she pushed aside her fears, running forward to check out what was going on. The sight was one she never wanted to see, sending a wail of anguish along the mental link, through the barriers.
 
“Mom! Dad! But…you're already buried!” She cried, sitting down as she saw the two walking towards her, though in a decayed for that none of them thought they would see. Oh god…something wasn't right…..no, it just wasn't right.
 
Lavender Fuire or what was left of her began walking forth, “You left us…all alone…”
 
“No, no I didn't! I didn't do such a thing!” Lena cried, her armor and subarmor vanishing with her will to fight. These were at least the ghosts of her parents, right? There was no way that she could fight them…
 
She shouted out, backing away, “What kind of sick game is this?!”
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
 
“Damn….there are so many!” Mia cried, holding onto White Blazes back. Ryo fought back soldier after soldier to no avail. Sliding back, he stopped next to Mia, “I can't believe it! They are back! It can't be!”
 
“I don't know how, Ryo, I really don't!”
 
Both of them wouldn't admit it, but they were afraid. In a dark place, void of almost any light, the evil of the dynasty was once again attack them and Ryo couldn't keep up forever. He needed help!
 
A scream drew his attention to behind him as the warriors around him grew in number, despite what he cut down. Rushing forward, he slammed down the enemies around Mia with panting breath as another narrowed in on him, making it impossible for him to block or dodge.
 
Wincing, he shut his eyes as a clash was heard and he opened his eyes, seeing Arrow before him, White Blaze still suddenly missing, “Arrow! No!”
 
Ryo tried to stop the dog as it charged against the fully armored warriors. Rushing forward, he slammed a few more as the dog howled, jumping backwards to land beside Ryo. The Ronin leader blinked, “What is he doing?”
 
As he asked this, the battle around them suddenly slowed as Arrow rose his nuzzle to the “sky” baying, the energies shifting in a way that seemed familiar when it finally hit him. The dog was using spiritual energy, the kind Lena used! What did it mean?
 
Ryo thought as a wave of light showered the area as a deafening roar was heard, followed by another.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
Cye and Kento were coming up on the edge of a bluff when they heard the clashes of two familiar warriors. Glancing down, they nodded at each other, “Mind link blocked for you too?”
 
“Yup…” Cye said, “Let's get down there and help. We can worry about it later.”
 
“Right! Time to fight!” Kento grinned, turning as they both jumped down, zeroing in on the battle before them.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
With each punch, Sage and Rowen were becoming more and more exhausted. The moments passed fast as the strain became more. For some reason, more soldiers popped up before they could take them down.
 
“Holding up, Ro?” Sage asked, his voice pitched as he took blows and gave them back. Sliding to the side, he took a momentary breather as he stood next to the bearer of Strata.
 
“Not too good, buddy. How do they keep coming?” Rowen asked, firing another arrow off.
 
“I don't know…” Sage said, lifting his head as the next onslaught came on, “But we have to win…”
 
“Yea…but how?” Rowen asked, watching the next line attack, “This is becoming hopeless.”
 
The massive waves of the enemy converged upon them, causing them to step back. Their eyes widened, beginning to realize it was hopeless when they heard a noise they suddenly believed to be a beacon of hope.
 
“Iron Rock Crusher!”
 
“Super Wave Smasher!”
 
Rowen and Sage looked at each other, and nodded as they saw the two Ronins of Hardrock and Torrent rush forth. Smiling, they realized the fight wasn't over yet. The enemy began to disappear as the sure kills ran forth, causing the other two to react.
 
“Arrow Shockwave!”
 
“Thunderbolt Cut!”
 
All four of the attacks combined were enough to beat the enemy back, causing a retreat from the combination of the powers. Rowen was the first to speak, “Thanks guys!”
 
“We saved your butts bro!” Kento grinned as Cye walked up to Sage, helping him up.
 
“Sage…do you notice how familiar this place is?” Cye asked, his voice low.
 
Sage nodded in reply, “Yea…I don't like it either. It's definitely like the place where we found Lena the first time.”
 
Cye nodded, frowning, “Is the mind link working for you guys? I mean, I'm open to it, but nothing's coming through.”
 
“Yea, it's weird…” Sage glanced around as Kento spoke up, “Uh guys? Where are Ryo and the others?”
 
Silence prevailed amongst the currently exhausted warriors as they looked at each other. Obviously, no one knew….and that wasn't good. The area was too dark for them to really know, and though Sage and Cye had been there before, it didn't truly help matters. When a familiar roar caught their attention; turning, they looked to see White Blaze, who stood before them. Glancing at each other, they nodded as the tiger bounded away. It was time to follow the tiger!
 
~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Shriek of terror, slash the creature away, get banged up by another and try again. The motions were endless, and Ryo was beginning to loose his own fire in mind. It was hopeless, and he couldn't even reach his friends. That was what he thought until Arrow had pulled in. Who would have believed that dog could do this?
 
Before him stood no little puppy. This dog was fully grown, to an enormous amount! The creature became almost demonic in standing, having become as large as a horse. Spiritual power seethed around him, giving the image of supreme heat and pressure, the kind only found within an aura.
 
A fiery intelligence burned within its amber depths for eyes, and the normally black fur, gray paws and white under body had become a massive moving, fighting bit of a wolf. The thing that remained was the arrow shape white spot that was right in-between his eyes and up on his forehead. Personally, Ryo was impressed. The dog seemed to be as strong as White Blaze was, with the powers of Black Blaze. Either way? He welcomed the help.
 
“Flare Up Now!” He cried, demolishing the next row. The amount seemed rather endless, when he heard four more familiar attacks.
 
“Arrow Shock Wave!”
 
“Thunderbolt Cut!”
 
“Super Wave Smasher!”
 
“Iron Rock Crusher!”
 
Ryo grinned as he stood next to Mia, who, while harried looking, held onto his arm as the other's attacks took out other parts to where no enemies stood any longer. The guys leapt before them, weapons out. Kento, as always, opened his mouth first, “Hey dude. Don't tell me you needed help?”
 
Mia giggled, “We missed you guys.”
 
“So we figured, Mi,” Sage smiled with a nod as White Blaze walked up to Ryo, nuzzling his master, who just laughed, “We are fine, Blaze…just took a but out of us, but you all came just in time!”
 
The others laughed as they heard a bark. Turning, Ryo and Mia's eyes widened. There stood a full grown dog, who looked just as Arrow did, normal adult size. Blinking slightly, they shook there head. Glancing at each other, Mia pursed her lips, “Wasn't he big just a moment ago?”
 
Ryo nodded, “Yea….he was…”
 
“You guys going insane?” Cye smiled as Rowen spoke up, “Speaking of which, where is Lena?”
 
The other's looked at each other, and then blinked, shaking their heads. No one knew. Arrow barked again, this time wanting to lead as White Blaze did. Everyone nodded, “Alright….who feels like asking if Timmy fell in a well?
 
Mia just sighed, “Kento…”
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
AN: Well guys! Here it is. The next chapter. I know, it's kinda ridiculous that it took this long to get up, buuut well; I thought it might be interesting with the twist I wanted to put in with the next round. Pay attention to the next chapter. Here is my forewarning for it, because I'm planning one heck of a twist that will knock your socks off....or so I hope. I don't know, I could be getting ahead of myself, but the next chapter IS almost done! I hope to have it up tonight! Anyway, thanks for all the wonder, wonderful reviews that you send me! They were magnificent! And a thanks to Ravynowl, whom I couldn't find the address to in order to send a thank you email to. Beyond that? Well, till next time!
Hikaru