Rozen Maiden Fan Fiction ❯ Dream of Something Better ❯ Can you prove it? ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Rozen Maiden or any of its characters. I do own Rikou Daijima and Mirien Daijima.
 
Chapter 5
 
The room was plunged into darkness. She sat on the human's bed, head against the wall next to the window.
 
She could hear the sounds of the crowd going past yelling `where did it go?' and `did it go this way?'
 
As the crowd passed, Suigintou sighed. Looking around the dark room, she could see a desk with a computer on it, a wardrobe, a small coffee table near the desk that was littered with various objects and a set of drawers near the door that had a small T.V on it and was littered with even more various objects. Nothing that even vaguely interested her.
 
She walked over to the door and pulled twisted the handle with her wing. She walked out of the door to find herself at the end of a hallway with four doors to her right, but none to her left and there was a door right at the end of the hallway.
 
The closet door to Rikou's room had a sign on it that said `MIRIEN'S ROOM, DO NOT ENTER OR ELSE' written in big letters across it.
 
`Obviously his sister' Suigintou said to herself.
 
She walked towards the next door and pulled it open with her wing, only to find that the stupid human was in that room, cooking something for himself to eat. The room itself looked like some sort of a kitchen, with various cooking appliances sitting upon the cupboards and a small fridge in the corner of the room.
 
He looked at her with surprise and said `Oh? You're here again?'
 
`I had to, there were crazy people chasing me' Suigintou said in an unhappy tone she flew upwards and sat on one of the cupboards.
 
`I wouldn't be surprised' he replied. `The people all around the world are crazy for living dolls and if you go flying around, people are gonna think that you're a newer model. You see, even though some living dolls have wings on them, they are only for decoration; no one actually knows how to make a living doll fly yet.'
 
`I see…'Suigintou looked directly at Rikou. `If supposedly `everyone' has one of those amateur, living dolls, then why don't you have one?'
 
`Well, I've never really had a need for one, that's all. I think that they're a waste of money' He said. `My parents went crazy for them as soon as they came out, to the extent where they began to neglect myself and my little sister, Mirien. So, my parents were delighted to learn that I'd been accepted into a school halfway across the country and they paid the board for Mirien and I to live here. They pay for everything that Mirien and I need here, just so that they can have more room at their house for those living dolls. That's also why I know so much about them, although I don't actually have one.'
 
They were silent for a few seconds before Rikou decided to break the silence.
 
`Last night…you said you were one of those `Rozen Maidens' from the legend' Rikou said, turning towards Suigintou. `Can you prove it?'
 
`I know absolutely nothing about these amateur dolls, so I don't know what differences there are' Suigintou told him. `Apart from the fact that I can fly and they can't.'
 
`Follow me then, I'll show you something that's on TV that has lots of info about the living dolls on it' He beckoned her to follow him.
 
He led her to his room and switched on the TV. Grabbing the remote, he started flicking through the channels. When he found what he was looking for, he handed the remote to her.
 
`Here. This is called the Alice Game tournament' He said to her. `There are lots of facts and figures in there, so you should be able to pick up a difference.'
 
He walked away, closing the door behind him as he left the room, giving her no time to argue back.