Rozen Maiden Fan Fiction ❯ Dream of Something Better ❯ Explaining the Alice game ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Rozen Maiden. I do, however, own Rikou Daijima, Mirien Daijima and Anira Hanagami.
 
Chapter 6: Explaining the Alice Game
 
When Rikou came back into his room about 5 hours later, after going shopping with Mirien to buy more groceries, he found Suigintou sitting on top of the black desk chair, which had been pulled over to the set of drawers with T.V. on it. She was STILL watching the Alice Game tournament on T.V.
 
`I thought she would have turned that off, considering what sort of personality I think that she has.' He thought to himself, as he watched her concentrating on the T.V. set.
 
`So, does this sort of thing interest you?' He asked her, trying to start a friendly conversation with her. Suigintou had always seemed very aggressive when Rikou had talked to her.
 
`How dare those amateurs insult Father's sacred game' Suigintou hissed under her breath, but only loud enough for herself to hear.
 
`Could you repeat that? I can't hear what you're saying' Rikou asked. He had thought that she had said something about him, and that was the reason why she had said it only loud enough for herself.
 
`Nothing' Suigintou dully said.
 
He sat beside the chair, on the floor and watched the T.V. with her, so he could try and figure out what she was concentrated on. She was watching one of the intervals between the games, although he couldn't figure out which one, since there are 6 games per day and 5 intervals in-between.
 
There was a singer performing. The singer had blonde, wavy hair that reached the middle of her back and two bangs that framed her face nicely. Her eyes were blue and she was wearing a blue top and skirt. She was singing a techno/pop ballad and dancing around on the stage.
 
`Do you like her songs? Her name is Anira Hanagami. She is very popular right now' He told Suigintou, although, personally, he could not stand her songs.
 
`I hate them' she grumbled.
 
`At least I'm not the only one around here who hates her songs' he thought to himself. `So, have you found any differences yet?' he asked her.
 
`Human, how do the amateurs sign a mediums contract?' Suigintou asked him.
 
`Well, you get given a silver ring when you buy a living doll and if you own more than one, the rings merge together somehow, but I have no idea how that works' he told her. `But if their Rosa Mystica expires, then the ring disappears and you get another one with the replacement Mystica.'
 
`Each Rozen Maiden has a gold ring, that has much more detail than the silver ones, on her left hand, and to sign a contract you have to kiss her ring.' Suigintou said quietly. `You said something about their Rosa Mystica's expiring…'
 
`Yea, after three years the Mystica's expire and the owner either throws the doll away or gets the Mystica replaced' He told her.
 
`My Rosa Mystica never expires, and I only go to sleep if I get defeated by one of my sisters in the Alice Game and she takes it away.' Suigintou quietly said.
 
`Sisters? Dolls don't have sisters!' he laughed. `And anyway, to defeated someone in the Alice Game, they have to be deemed `unable to battle' you don't have to kill them or take their Mystica away.'
 
Suigintou suddenly jumped up on the chair and turned the T.V. off.
 
`My Alice Game is different to that weak imitation' Suigintou said in a serious tone. `I fight my sisters for their Rosa Mystica's in the Alice Game. The winner keeps the Rosa Mystica. If I win, and collect the Rosa Mystica's of my six sisters, then I become Alice, who is a human of ultimate perfection, father's ideal daughter… But if I lose, I either stop moving and become a normal doll, or I become…'
 
Suigintou still refused to say the `J' word, although she had been given a torso after the battle with Barasuishou. That word brought back bad memories for her.
 
`But, father told…one of my younger sisters during the last Alice Game era, that there is another way to seek Alice, without using the Alice Game `she continued. When she looked over and saw Rikou giving her a very confused look, she added `An Alice Game era is a period of time when majority of the Rozen Maidens are awake and we can participate in the Alice Game'.
 
Then she thought to herself `And I have no idea how the last era ended.'
 
`I kind of understand that' Rikou said, although Suigintou could tell he was still confused.
 
Rikou turned towards the door and opened it. `I'm going to go make dinner for Mirien and myself, so call out if you want some.'
 
`I don't' she mumbled as he left and shut the door.
 
Suigintou floated from the chair over to his bed and sat on it. She began to think about the pop star she saw on T.V. earlier.
 
`That girl…what did the idiot say her name was? Anira? If what the stupid human says is true, about the silver rings…Then why does she have a gold medium's ring? It looks exactly like a Rozen Maiden's medium's ring, and they are impossible to replicate…I will have to find out where she lives, so that I can pay her a visit…