Rozen Maiden Fan Fiction ❯ Dream of Something Better ❯ Better than Average ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Rozen Maiden. I do, however, own Rikou Daijima, Mirien Daijima, Anira Hanagami and the personality of Joenna.
 
Chapter 7
Suigintou sat on a green, plastic chair, and watched as crowds of people passed by.
 
It was Friday afternoon the following week and Anira Hanagami had been scheduled to perform in one of the intervals during the Alice Game tournament at this very stadium. In about an hour, Anira was going to perform on the stage and come off using this exit. Suigintou's plan was to follow her home or to where ever she was staying for the night.
 
Of course, no one noticed Suigintou as she had put an invisible guard around her chair, which also prevented anyone from sitting on her.
 
`What am I supposed to do until then?' She wondered. She was just about to drown in her absolute boredom when she heard a voice.
 
`Hi there, how are you!' the energetic voice said.
 
She turned to the doll sitting next to her and let out a small shriek. This doll looked exactly like Barasuishou! She had the same lavender hair with two purple jewel hair ties separating two clumps of hair from the rest and she had golden eyes. However, she was wearing no eye patch and completely different clothing.
 
The outfit she was wearing consisted of a blue, long sleeved top and a brown, sleeveless, over jacket that finished where her torso started and was done up by a single button at the top. She wore a brown skirt that finished just above her knee with blue leggings underneath. She had brown boots that ended in between her knee and her ankle.
 
Noticing that Suigintou was just staring at her, the Barasuishou-lookalike sat down on the green plastic chair next to her. She looked at Suigintou with great curiosity before asking her `What are you staring at?'
 
Suigintou took another look at the Barasuishou -lookalike. Her voice sounded like a happier and a lot more hyper version of Barasuishou's. She may have looked and sounded like Barasuishou, but she did not act like her at all.
 
`You are not supposed to be able to see me' Suigintou told the Barasuishou-lookalike. `I have put an invisible guard around myself'.
 
`I can see through any form of invisibility.' She happily told Suigintou. `It's one of my abilities. So, can you tell me why you were staring at me earlier?'
 
`You…look like someone I used to know' Suigintou said dully.
 
`Well I might be, you see, I was second hand!' She chirped happily. `And now, thanks to my medium's training skills, I'm in the top 100 in the country! I'm a lot better than most average, second hand dolls.'
 
`Oh…OK then' Suigintou mumbled.
 
`You must think I'm so weird, chatting away to you and you don't even know my name! I'm Joenna! What's your name?
 
`…Suigintou' She mumbled.
 
`Suigintou is such a pretty name! My medium named me `cause I didn't have one' Joenna replied. `Wow, you have wings! Wings look so pretty, it's a shame no one can fly with them.'
 
`Not that you know of' Suigintou thought to herself.
 
`So, what are you here for?'Joenna. `I'm here because my match is next after this interval has finished.'
 
`I…came to watch' Suigintou lied.
 
`Why aren't you in the audience if you came to watch?' Joenna asked her.
 
`Because…the view is better from down here' Suigintou lied again.
 
`Hmmm… I guess so…' Joenna replied. `Where is your medium? Are they here with you?
 
`I don't have a…I mean, I don't have a…medium here.' Suigintou stuttered.
 
`Oh, that's a shame!' Joenna happily replied.
 
Joenna stared at Suigintou for a few seconds. `I've never SEEN a doll like you. Who made you?'
 
`I…was made by…'Suigintou stuttered. Suigintou decided to lie again. `I have no clue.'
 
As soon as Suigintou had said that, a brown haired boy ran up to Joenna.
 
`Joenna, the interval is nearly over! You have to go and get ready' the boy said to Joenna. He grabbed her hand and pulled her off the seat.
 
`I'll probably never see you again, but it was nice meeting you!' Joenna called out to Suigintou as she turned to walk away.