Rozen Maiden Fan Fiction ❯ Dream of Something Better ❯ A Deal is Made ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Rozen Maiden. I do, however, own Rikou Daijima, Mirien Daijima, Anira Hanagami/Rina A. Gamihana and the personality of Joenna.
 
Chapter 9
 
`You know, you don't have to follow me all the way home, you must have something better to do' Anira said nervously to the darkly dressed, flying doll that was invisible to everyone except Anira.
 
`I have no choice' Suigintou said bluntly. `Since you refuse to tell me which one of my sister's you are a medium of, I need to find out for myself.'
 
`Why is it so urgent for you to see your sisters?'Anira asked her. `Your Mystica doesn't expire, so you have all the time in the world to find them. What's the rush?'
 
`None of YOUR business' Suigintou replied.
 
It was 4:00pm, and Anira was walking down the main street, with Suigintou was floating along beside her. The cities people hurried around, doing their daily tasks and cars never seemed to stop streaming by.
 
But Suigintou took no notice of the bustle around her. All she could think about was following Anira, and how she would react, depending on which maiden Anira was a medium to.
 
`If it was Hina Ichigo or Kanaria…those two are just childish fools' Suigintou thought to herself.
 
`If it was Suiseseki, then she might try to accuse me of something suspicious and shoo me out. I did kill her twin in the last Alice Game era, after all. Souseseki may even try to cut me down with those shears of hers. If it is Kirakishou, then she'll probably try to capture and torture me. If it is Shinku…God help me if it is Shinku…'
 
Anira noticed that Suigintou was lost in her thoughts, and tried to engage in a conversation with her.
 
`You know, my name isn't actually Anira' she said. `Anira is just my fame-name. My real name is Rina A. Gamihana. That way, because I wear the wig, I am anonymous in public.'
 
`You're so willing to talk about yourself, and yet you won't even tell me about who you are a medium of' Suigintou mumbled.
 
`Fine then, let's talk about you' Rina said confidently. `Where does the name `Suigintou' come from? I have never heard of anyone with your name before.'
 
`Do not ever ask me that question again' Suigintou muttered. `Do not EVER ASK ME THAT QUESTION AGAIN, IS THAT CLEAR?' Suigintou grabbed Rina by the collar, and slammed her against a pole.
 
`Oh...OK' Rina said nervously. Obviously, there had been more to the seemingly innocent question then Rina had thought.
 
Suigintou released Rina from her grip, and they continued the rest of the walk to Rina's home in silence.
 
Once at the front door, being under Suigintou's cold gaze, Rina fumbled trying to find the key to the door, something that usually would have been second nature. Once finding the right key, Rina unlocked the door and allowed both herself and Suigintou inside.
 
`Okay, I'm going to be making dinner, so you just go and find them, they should be upstairs' Anira blubbered before disappearing into the kitchen.
 
`That foolish human is more stupid than the idiotic boy I have to live with' Suigintou sighed.
 
She floated down the hallway and stopped to sit on the bottom of the stair railing.
 
`There's no noise coming from upstairs…' Suigintou thought to herself, before slowly floating up the stairwell and into the upstairs hall.
 
`Errr… Rina said she would be home by now! She can't be this late!'A high pitched voice said in annoyance.
 
Suigintou walked towards the closed door, recognising the voice of her sister…
 
`Don't worry yourself, she should be here soon' another voice, lower than the first, said in an attempt to calm her sister down.
 
`So, she may be the medium of two…'Suigintou thought. `Well, there's no use hiding myself, or they might think I'm up to something…'
 
Suigintou opened the door with her wing and slowly pushed it open.
 
`Suigintou…' an astonished looking Suiseseki whispered. `SUIGINTOU! What are you planning this time ~desu! I won't fall for any of your tricks ~desu!'
 
Suigintou hadn't even said anything and she was already being blamed for causing anarchy.
 
`Reputations can be annoying in these sorts of circumstances…' She thought before saying `Rest assured I did not come…'
 
Suigintou didn't get to finish her sentence, as a huge tree had just burst from the floor and wrapped itself tightly around Suigintou, restricting the movement of her wings, so she could not get free. Suiseseki stood on the ground holding her watering can.
 
Suigintou turned to the other sister present in the room and shouted `Souseseki, can you please try to restrain your twin!'
 
`Suiseseki does not need restraining' Souseseki said calmly. `YOU are the one who always needs restraining.'
 
`Can I please speak with you?' Suigintou asked, annoyance and rage evident in her voice.
 
Souseseki looked up at her eldest sister. She realised that Suigintou was about to lose her temper, and an annoyed, angered Suigintou would not be a good thing to face as the night drew near.
 
`Suiseseki, release her and we'll hear what she has to say' Souseseki ordered.
 
`But Souseseki…'
 
Souseseki stared blankly at Suiseseki.
 
`Fine, fine, fine ~desu' Suiseseki replied. `But if she even tries to do anything suspicious, I'll see the end of her ~desu!'
 
The plant suddenly vanished and Suigintou fell with a `Thud' onto the floor. The room had been completely restored, and there was no hole in the floor where the plant had once been.
 
`Well, at least Souseseki has SOME sense' Suigintou thought as she floated over to the desk chair and sat on it, crossing her legs over.
 
`Sit' she said, gesturing to the bed in front of the chair.
 
Souseseki sat down first, and stared at Suiseseki, wondering why she hadn't sat yet.
 
`O-okay then ~desu' Suiseseki stammered. `But I'm only doing it because Souseseki is so persistent on doing so ~desu. `
 
Suigintou tried not to laugh. `Souseseki isn't being persistent. Suiseseki is just being stubborn' she thought to herself.
 
`I can see that I am bothering you, so I will get straight to the point' Suigintou said. `The last Alice Game era ended, I'm sure you know that much and I know that you two both died before I did. Souseseki was killed by my own hand…'
 
Suigintou felt Suiseseki staring intensely at her after that sentence, but she continued.
 
`But I still have yet to know how you died, Suiseseki' Suigintou told her. `All I know of your death, is that Kirakishou somehow tricked Shinku into thinking I had killed you and Kanaria.'
 
`So why do you have to know that ~desu?' Suiseseki asked. `You don't need details about my death ~desu! You're just here to mock me, aren't' you ~desu!
 
`I died before the last Alice Game Era ended, so I need every piece of information I can find' Suigintou stated.
 
Suiseseki would not agree to something that only Suigintou would gain profit out of. Suigintou sighed.
 
`If you tell me how you died, then I will tell you what happened afterwards up to my death.
If I find out anything important after I leave here, I will contact you straight away, and if you two find out anything important, then you will contact me.
If we figure out how the last Alice Game era ended, then we may be able to find out why we are alive in this era and if Alice was created or not in the last era. Is it a Deal?'
 
`Never shall I...'Suiseseki began.
 
`It sounds good to me' Souseseki cut Suiseseki off, to her amazement. `But…how do we know that you can be trusted?'
 
`I'm willing to give up my Rosa Mystica without a fight, IF I betray you' Suigintou stated.
 
`Do you swear on your rose ring that you will keep your promise?'
 
`Yes' Suigintou said, as her ring started to glow a faint purple, but then faded after a few seconds.
 
`…fine then, I am willing to accept your deal' Souseseki said blankly. `Suiseseki, do you want to tell Suigintou how you died?'
 
`O-okay ~desu'