Rozen Maiden Fan Fiction ❯ Dream of Something Better ❯ Memories of a time once been... ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Rozen Maiden. I do, however, own Rikou Daijima, Mirien Daijima, Anira Hanagami/ Rina A. Gamihana and the personality of Joenna.
 
Chapter 10
 
`We-well ~desu' Suiseseki began, trying to avoid eye contact with Suigintou. `It happened not long after Kanaria's death ~desu…
 
----Flash back----
Suiseseki walked down the stairs of the Sakurada residence. Only two days previous, Shinku and Suiseseki had found out about Kanaria's death. Pizzicato had visited Shinku in a last attempt to save Kanaria, but by then it was too late.
 
The brunette stopped in front of the door that lead to the Sakurada's living room/dining area. She slowly opened it and saw Shinku sipping her tea, in a very melancholy-like manner, at the table.
 
`Shinku has been acting very strangely lately ~desu' Suiseseki thought to herself. `It's probably about Kanaria's death ~desu. But why is she acting so upset over Kanaria's death ~desu? I was closer to Souseseki, then Shinku was to Kanaria, and she's acting even worse than I did ~desu. '
 
Suiseseki walked through the open door and sat herself opposite to Shinku at the table. Suiseseki rested her head in her hands and stared at Shinku.
 
`Has Kanaria's death gotten to you ~desu?' Suiseseki asked Shinku.
 
`Not in…I mean, Kanaria's death was certainly a sad occasion, but…' Shinku sighed and took a sip from her tea.
 
`Is there something else ~desu?' Suiseseki asked.
 
`…There is' Shinku told her. `I…I think you should know what I discovered when I went to the scene of Kanaria's death to collect her body.'
 
`Was something unusual there ~desu?' Suiseseki asked.
 
`Not…unusual, maybe I should have expected it…' Shinku replied. `I went to retrieve Kanaria's body, from the N-field where she was killed and…scattered everywhere were…'
 
`What was it~ desu?' Suiseseki asked.
 
`Black…feathers' Shinku answered her.
 
Suiseseki wasn't shocked at all when Shinku told her this.
 
`After all, if Suigintou can murder… Souseseki, then she can certainly kill someone like Kanaria ~desu' Suiseseki thought to herself.
 
`And…'Shinku continued, fighting back her tears. `The wounds that Kanaria had…were…were…typical of Suigintou. Puncture marks from the feathers… Deep cuts from her sword… Markings from where…she had…she had strangled Kanaria with her wings…'
 
It was obvious to Suiseseki that Shinku was trying very hard not to cry.
 
`Do you want to go upstairs to rest ~desu?' Suiseseki offered Shinku.
 
Shinku simply nodded and disappeared up the stairs, being too tired to argue back.
 
`She puts way to much faith in Suigintou ~desu' Suiseseki said. `But Suigintou is the one that killed Kanaria and I'm going to make sure that she never harms my sisters again ~desu!'
 
Suiseseki walked into the storeroom and stared at her reflection in the mirror. She was trying very hard to contain her anger.
 
`First Souseseki…And now Kanaria…I'll…I'LL MAKE HER PAY ~DESU!!' Suiseseki yelled as she dashed through the mirror.
 
Suiseseki fell through the portal, into Suigintou's N-Field. Suigintou's N-field was as dark and gloomy, as it always had been. She looked around at the usual sight of the rundown buildings that made up her bleak ghost town. Mirror city still reigned in the place the sky should have been.
 
Finishing her inspection, Suiseseki yelled `Suigintou, get out here right now ~desu!'
 
`I'm up here'
 
Suiseseki turned around and summoned her watering can. There was Suigintou, sitting cross-legged on the roof of a rundown building.
 
`There you are ~desu' Suiseseki yelled at Suigintou. `Why did you kill Souseseki and Kanaria? GIVE ME A REASON ~ DESU!!'
 
A tree burst from the ground of the N-Field, aimed directly at Suigintou. Suigintou flew to her left and dodged it, before unleashing a flurry of feathers. Suiseseki put a plant block around herself, so that no feathers could possibly get through.
 
Suigintou laughed. `Scared are we…Suiseseki?'
 
Suigintou clicked her fingers and the plant block vanished from around Suiseseki. Suigintou then unleashed another round of feathers. Suiseseki leaned forward to grab her watering can, but she wasn't fast enough, and was cut by the oncoming feathers. She had only had time to close her eyes.
 
When Suiseseki opened her eyes, she saw that her dress, and the skin underneath, had been badly cut by the feathers. Only then did she realise that Suigintou had summoned her sword and was flying at full speed towards her.
 
Suiseseki stood up and grew another tree with her watering can. But Suigintou seemed to sense that the tree was coming, and she changed her direction while still in flight. Suiseseki smiled as the tree turned and followed Suigintou.
 
`What?' Suigintou hissed, as she flew all over the place, trying to get rid of the plant that was following her.
 
`While Suigintou is distracted…I need…to find the portal' Suiseseki thought as she started to run.
 
Suiseseki ran all over Suigintou's N-field to try and find the portal, but she couldn't. She stopped to catch her breath, constantly on the lookout for Suigintou. Only then did Suiseseki notice that it was quiet. Too quiet.
 
Suigintou then appeared from nowhere, sword in hand. She flew directly at Suiseseki. Suiseseki turned, so she could get away from her, but she suddenly collapsed. Suigintou slammed into Suiseseki, pinning her to the ground.
 
`Suigintou is strong…but…I don't ever remember her being this strong' Suiseseki thought, as Suigintou pressed her sword to Suiseseki's neck.
 
Suigintou giggled, as she raised her sword above her head, and then began to slash at Suiseseki's chest. Suiseseki screamed, as tears rolled down her face.
 
`Good bye, Suiseseki' Suigintou coldly said, as her wings began to expand and coil around Suiseseki's neck. And slowly, they began to constrict.
 
Suiseseki struggled to breathe but she then noticed that Suigintou's left eye began to glow a bright yellow, her eye revealing her state of insanity…and the true identity of the attacker.*
 
`That…isn't…Sui…gin…tou'
 
And everything went black.
 
----End of flashback----
 
`That's all I remember from before I died ~desu' Suiseseki said, still trying to avoid Suigintou's eyes.
 
`I see...At least some things make more sense now…' Suigintou said deep in thought.
 
She took a deep breath and said `I'm going to explain to you, what happened afterwards. You had BETTER listen, as I'm only going tell you this once.'
 
----Flashback----
 
Suigintou sat on the windowsill of her medium's hospital room. It was night time, and the traffic on the streets below had slowly died down. There were few, if any people walking around the streets at this hour.
 
`Kanaria is dead now. Maybe Shinku finally got annoyed with hearing her bratty, high pitched voice and did away with her.' Suigintou let out a small laugh at this thought.
 
`What's so funny, Angel-san?'
 
Suigintou had forgotten that Megu was still awake.
 
`I wasn't laughing at anything' Suigintou lied.
 
Suigintou and Megu spent a few moments in silence, before Megu began to speak.
 
`You have been spending a lot of time here lately, Suigintou' Megu said. `Have you stopped fighting in that Alice Game?'
 
Suigintou stood up on the window ledge and glanced at her current medium. `No…I just haven't had time to do any fighting, that's all.'
 
That was an utter lie. Suigintou had all the time in the world; she just preferred to stay in the company of her medium.
 
`So, Shinku and the others aren't fighting either?' Megu asked
 
Suigintou wasn't going to tell Megu that `Shinku and the others' had become just `Shinku and Suiseseki'. Those two definitely wouldn't fight. But then, there was the 7th, unknown sister. What was she like? Would she be eager to play the Alice Game, or would she refuse to fight, like Shinku did?
 
`I was wondering something Suigintou…your name…where does it come from?' Megu asked.
 
Suigintou eyes widened. That question…She hated that question… Her breathing became shaky. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, before slowly turning to face Megu.
 
`Suigintou? Is something wrong? Don't you like your name?' Megu asked, beginning to get concerned about the way that her Angel was acting.
 
`Don't like it? I hate it. Hate it. HATE IT.' A voice in Suigintou's head screamed. She clamped both hands over her ears.
 
She then noticed the tears rolling down her face and she began to sniffle.
 
`Angel…'
 
She looked over to her medium. Megu began to slide out of bed, in order to comfort her Angel.
 
`No…no…don't touch me' Suigintou began inching backwards. `Don't…no…just... JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!'
 
Suigintou took flight. `Stu…Stupid human…how dare she…'
 
Megu lay back in her bed. Why would Suigintou hate her name? She thought it was really pretty.
 
An intruder watched this scene from inside the mirror on the wall.
 
`Oh Megu, you've upset Onee-Sama. I may have to…punish you for being a bad girl'
----------------------------------------
 
Suigintou returned at dawn, after she had spent many hours calming herself down. She flew to the windowsill and was instantly shocked at the sight before her.
 
Megu was gone. There were men in blue uniforms called `police' paroling around the room, the door sealed off by some red tape. But that wasn't what shocked her.
 
Megu's bed was covered in dry blood, and there was a large blood stain on the floor. Majority of the blood was in the centre of the bed. Where her heart would have been…
 
She looked over to the policemen, who were talking with two adults, a couple it seemed.
 
`We are very sorry about your daughter's passing…It looks like she was strangled by some sort of prickly chord…'
 
Suigintou put her hand to her mouth, and her breathing became shaky, like it had been the night before when Megu had asked her…
 
She turned and flew out the window. She could distantly hear the sound of a male yelling, `Hey, what was that at the window?'
 
Flying into the church, Suigintou sat on the altar with her head in her hands.
 
`Megu…Why? Who could possibly have a grudge against you? If I had stayed with you, maybe this would never have happened!' Suigintou sobbed.
 
She spent the day hiding in the church, sulking about Megu's death. That night she fell to sleep on the altar, not bothering to look for her case.
 
`Get up, Suigintou'
 
Suigintou had only slept for a few hours, and reluctantly opened her eyes to see Shinku standing before her. And she looked angry.
 
`Shinku. What do you want now?' Suigintou said, irritation obvious in her voice.
 
`You SHOULD know' Shinku replied. `Your villainy has gone too far this time'
 
`What sort of gibberish are you spouting now, Shinku?' Suigintou said. `Seriously, do you have to bother me about every trifling little thing that happens to you? I WAS asleep before.'
 
`Stop playing innocent, Suigintou. I know exactly what you did to my sisters, and you will not go unpunished for it.'
 
Before Suigintou could reply, Shinku ran up to the altar. She grabbed Suigintou's arm and flung her into a mirror nearby.
 
Suigintou landed in the N-field where she had battled Barasuishou for the last time, and Enju was exposed as a fraud. Except now it was night time in this N-field, and the stars twinkled overhead.
 
Suigintou suddenly felt many small, but sharp objects hitting her back. She turned and saw Shinku behind her, unleashing her rose petals. Suigintou tried to summon her sword, as more and more of the petals cut her dress and skin underneath.
 
`Why isn't my sword appearing?' Suigintou thought. She tried to move her wings, only to discover that she couldn't move them either.
 
`Why aren't any of my powers working?' She panicked, staring up at Shinku. Something seemed…different about her.
 
`Shinku…What is wrong with you?' Suigintou yelled. `Aren't you the one who always tells us we shouldn't be fighting?'
 
Suigintou figured that if she couldn't use any of her powers, she might be able to talk her way out of this situation.
 
`Ironic you should be saying that, Suigintou' Shinku coldly stated. `You should practise what you preach.'
 
`What are you talking about?' Suigintou yelled. `I haven't done anything to you!'
 
Then a thought came into her head. `What if she thinks that I killed Megu? After all, I have killed a few of my previous mediums before…'
 
`Shinku stop!' Suigintou yelled. `Please, just listen to me!'
 
Shinku halted the rose petals aimed at Suigintou, and they gently floated to the ground. The moment the petals stopped, her legs gave out and she was on her knees. Her dress was horribly ruined, and there were many small cuts everywhere.
 
`Suigintou, I will listen to what you have to say, but if you try to beg for mercy…' Shinku threatened.
 
`I didn't kill her! Maybe she wouldn't have been killed if I hadn't left her, but I wasn't the one who killed her!' Suigintou pleaded.
 
`Suigintou…There is no point trying to deny it, all of the signs of your attack were there' Shinku stated, slowly walking towards Suigintou.
 
`W…What?' Suigintou stuttered. Signs? What in the world is she talking about?
 
`Shinku…I…I'm not following you…What exactly have I done?' She stuttered.
 
Shinku was standing right in front of Suigintou now.
 
`Suigintou…' Shinku said. She raised her hand and firmly slapped Suigintou's cheek.
 
`HOW DARE YOU! What you did was UNFORGIVABLE, to my sisters, to YOUR sisters. You don't deserve to have sisters; all you ever do is HURT US! Why? Why do you have to be so…so…?'
 
She picked up the front of Suigintou's dress and slammed her against the ground. Suigintou managed to push Shinku away from her.
 
`Shinku, I don't understand you. I haven't done anything to our sisters recently, that you could be mad at me for!' Suigintou yelled.
 
Suddenly, her wings came free from whatever spell they had been under, and they expanded to shoot knife-like feathers at Shinku. Shinku put up a pink shield to protect herself, but the feathers broke through it and they began to cut into Shinku.
 
Suigintou scattered black feathers around the sky of the N-field, blackening the already dark night sky. Shinku couldn't see much and had to strain her eyes to see what was around her.
 
Suigintou suddenly appeared from nowhere, and grabbed Shinku's shoulder. Suigintou began to summon her sword. Shinku saw this, grabbed the arm that Suigintou was summoning with and pulled it past her shoulder. Shinku then kicked Suigintou in the stomach, and her sword slipped out of her hand. Suigintou winced, her hands protecting her torso.
 
Shinku used this opportunity to grab Suigintou and throw her into the dome nearby. Suigintou crashed through the roof and landed on her back near the floor. She instantly sat up and looked around. It was the same dome hall where she had died, in her last battle with Barasuishou. Except now, the dome was almost, completely dark. The building had crumbled somewhat, probably because Enju and company weren't around to maintain it.
 
Shinku burst through the roof with Suigintou's sword and pinned Suigintou to the ground. Shinku pressed the sword to Suigintou's neck.^
 
The lights suddenly came on, although it was still night time outside. Then Suigintou and Shinku heard the sound of someone clapping. A figure was walking down the same corridor, where Barasuishou had once been when she killed Suigintou.
 
The figure came into the light.
 
`B…Barasuishou?' Shinku gasped.
 
The doll did look like Barasuishou, except she was much paler. Her clothing was white, instead of purple and her hair was also white, instead of lavender. Her hair ornaments were white roses, instead of purple crystals. Her left eye was a rose, instead of having a rose eye patch over the right eye.
 
`Incorrect, Shinku' the white doll smiled. `I thought you might get angry, but not THIS angry. And then you started beating up Onee-Sama, and I just can't let that happen can I?'
 
She cocked her head to one side. `I know that the truth will hurt you MORE, which proves how WEAK you are!'
 
`Who are you?' Shinku asked, suspiciously.
 
`Well, you might as well know who I am, before I…'punish' you for hurting Onee-Sama' the white doll giggled. `I am Kirakishou, and I am your 7th and youngest sister.'
 
`You said something about `truth'. What do you mean by that?' Shinku asked.
 
`Because you've never met me before, I decided to take advantage of the fact that you don't know any of my abilities. So I began to attack you, from weakest to strongest…and here we are' Kirakishou said.
 
`But…the signs of Suigintou's attack were there…' Shinku began.
 
`Ah, like I said, you don't know any of my abilities' Kirakishou cut in. `I attained both Rosa Mystica all on my own! Look!'
 
She proceeded to put her hand on her chest and pull out three Rosa Mystica. She pushed them back into her chest when she had finished showing them off.
 
Kirakishou smiled. `So how do you feel now Shinku? You've just beaten up your sister for something she hasn't done!'
 
Shinku looked back down at Suigintou. Suigintou pushed Shinku away, and turned to face Kirakishou. Shinku was trying very hard not to look at Suigintou. Kirakishou began to giggle.
 
`You, SHUT UP!' Suigintou yelled.
 
Kirakishou stopped giggling and looked down at her feet.
 
`Suigintou, I'm so, so sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you! I thought that you did it, I didn't know that it was actually Kirakishou!' Shinku pleaded. Her dress was cut, her bonnet was missing, and one of her pig-tails had come undone.
 
`So you automatically accuse me of everything that goes wrong? That's so NICE of you!' Suigintou yelled at Shinku. Her dress was just as badly damaged as Shinku's and her hair piece was missing too.
 
`Please, you're hurt, let me help you' Shinku said softly, leaning over to touch Suigintou's shoulder.
 
`DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH ME' Suigintou fumed, pushing Shinku away from her. `And you…' She pointed her wing at Kirakishou who had been standing, quietly observing the scene. `THIS WAS YOUR PLAN ALL ALONG!!! YOU ARE JUST LUCKY THAT SHINKU IS SO STUPID, THAT SHE ACTUALLY FELL FOR YOUR TRICK!!!
 
Suigintou flew into the air and wings expanded until they filled the whole room. She let out a burst of black power and a hurricane-like wind picked up and Kirakishou struggled to stand up in the hurricane.
 
Shinku put up a block of pink rose petals as a wind break. `Suigintou, stop! You're going to kill yourself if you continue like this!'
 
`I don't care, I don't have anything left to live for…' she thought to herself, tears welled up in her eyes.
 
Suigintou screamed and let out a huge wind block that expanded and pushed everything against the already broken walls. She had used up the last of her energy. She fell from the height that she had flown to, and slammed against the floor, forming a large circular ditch around where she had fallen.
 
Her sight went blurry and she could hear someone calling her name as she died.
 
`Suigintou…Suigintou…'**
 
---- End of Flashback----
 
`I think that's it…' Suigintou said. `Now I know that Kirakishou is a shape shifter, and she posed as me when she killed you.'
 
`But we still don't know whether Alice was created or not' Souseseki stated. `But if Alice was created, either Shinku or Kirakishou would have used the alternate method, as we are powered by our Rosa Mystica and we are still alive.'
 
Suigintou began to think about what Souseseki had said, when she saw the clock hanging on the wall.
 
`It's 6:00 already!' She said. `I better get going or idiot will be worried.'
 
`Idiot ~desu?' Suiseseki said, in a confused manner.
 
Suigintou sighed. `The person I live with. He still doesn't completely believe that I'm a Rozen Maiden yet…'
 
`Rina was the same ~desu' Suiseseki told Suigintou. `It took a lot of convincing to make her believe that we were Rozen Maidens ~desu. Have you seen all those fake dolls ~desu?'
 
`How could I not? They're everywhere!' Suigintou replied.
 
Suigintou floated over to the window and opened it.
 
`You will keep your promise, won't you?' Souseseki asked, suspiciously.
 
`You saw me swear upon my Rose Ring. You should know that those sorts of promises are the ones you can't break.'
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -----
A/N
Sorry for not updating in about 2 weeks! But I just didn't know where to cut this chapter, so I just wrote and wrote and wrote! [Hope it wasn't too long…]
 
*For this fic only, I have added `shape shifting' to the current list of Kirakishou's abilities, but in the real manga, she doesn't have this ability. That should make some nice plot twists, yes?
 
**Remember this? It's from chapter 4.
 
^ I hope that it's not that out of character for Shinku to be THIS mad. But how would you feel if your sibling killed the rest of your family? And also, it's from Suigintou's point of view, so Shinku may have been a lot less mad than she was portrayed.
 
Thanks for reading!