Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ My beloved Sibling ❯ Troubled state of mind ( Chapter 5 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

A/N: I've got stiff back and shoulder..from writing too much I think…I guess that deserves some reviews ne? he heh..no, seriously…
Disclaimer: Let me think of one..er..I give up…pls. look at previous chap.
 
Chapter V
 
 
“Sugoi, Kaoru nee-san!”, the little voice sounded excited, looking at Kaoru in her disguise. She was wearing a pair of glasses, her long dark hair was braided and tucked into a cream colored cap, with a simple sweater and Capri-pants.
“Yeah…I can do it…I'm the daughter of an ex-model, Reika Kamiya”, she said arrogantly.
Tomoe's little hands clapped in delight.
They were there as the College Judo tournament was held in the large gymnasium. The judokas were gathering at one end of the gymnasium, their faces serious and somber. They instantly spotted Enishi amidst the group, well, no one else sported a such an eminent spiky silver bangs, right?
The number of competitors was around twenty people, but some of them were quite easily eliminated by the more skillful ones, and Enishi was one of the skillful ones. It's like..in everything he does, he does it well, Kaoru scowled at his figure.
 
Nevertheless, the two step siblings cheered as Enishi took down his opponents quite easily.
He did go on and defeated them quite mercilessly, gaining numerous ippon within one single round, for he was trained in judo since he was very young. Tomoe actually said, “since nii-chan was five”.
 
The crowd cheered as finally, the winner of last year's tournament appeared before him. Kaoru turned her attention to the new judoka.
O my goodness', Kaoru clapped her hands to cover her mouth.
`He is monstrous'! She looked at her step brother's opponent, who doesn't look like a normal college boy…man, his frame was big and bulky like a sumo wrestler!…well. sort of…
Is he really a college student?
The crowd was wild, cheering the two judoka on the court.
“Kiosuke!” the referee called out. The crowd quietened.
”Hajime!”, the round started.
The two judoka bowed curtly following the rule, their feet firm atop the brown tatami mat.
As soon as it began, Enishi was struggling to defeat that big bulky oaf…his lean frame was an advantage to a certain point, but not when it's against this bull….not in judo either, he grimaced inwardly. Damn.
They each struggled to win over the other, somehow, within that intricate Judo moves. Enishi moved around quite smoothly, but the big guy suddenly caught one of his shoulders and pinned him down in kata-gatame stance..Enishi tried to hold on as long as he could in defensive, while thinking about a comeback.
Wait..his other arm is free…
“Uuh…”, he gritted his teeth as the big bull seemed to have the upper hand, pushing himself down.
Don't give up, don't give up…..His turquoise eyes blazed with intensity as he pushed himself up and tackled the opponent's with a strangling hadaka-jime move.
The crowd was intrigued. The big oaf fell down on his side.
Kaoru held her breath all the while. `Those eyes…'
 
“Yuko!”
Enishi looked up, straightening his judogi's collar. The guy stood up, apparently seething in anger as a smaller guy could get out of his steel grip.
After the instruction was given, and “Hajime” was once again heard clear across the room, he quickly pounced on Enishi, but Enishi's lithe figure ducked slightly, and swiftly reached for his target. By his arm, he picked the guy's body and threw him down in a shoulder throw, without further ado. The guy landed on his back. Enishi held him there for a while.
The audience watched in shocked silence.
The two judoka turned their heads to the referee.
“Wa..wazaari!” he declared.
`Kuso', Enishi swore. He has to get that ippon, and fast.
The big opponent was glaring at him in pure hatred. How the heck did the scrawny guy manage to get a wazaari anyway?
As the round three began, the big guy came barging with full power, and he suddenly ducked, and grabbed Enishi around the thigh, and threw him using a gripping Uchi mata throwing move. Enishi landed on his back and his opponent immediately pinned him down in a powerful arm lock.
“Ippon!”, the referee called out.
Kaoru didn't seem to hear the noise around her. Her gaze was glued to the silver-haired guy that was sitting down, his eyes narrowed a fraction and his breaths came in shallow gasps..
“Nii-chan….”, Tomoe softly said, disappointment clearly marked her face.
“Come, Tomoe-chan…”, Kaoru gripped her little hands as they made their way home.
 
------------------------------
“What are these?”, Enishi was astounded at seeing the numerous dishes on the table.
“Aw, Nii-chan…Kaoru-nee chan cooked these with me..”, she gave a cute smile.
He smiled down at his little sister as he ruffled her hair lovingly.
Yes, if it comes down to it, Yukishiro Enishi may be a stonehearted, indifferent jerk, but not toward his little sister, Tomoe. To her, he's always giving the best of everything he has.
Kaoru looked at Tomoe rather enviously.
Piercing eyes observed her, and Kaoru blushed as she cleared her throat soundly.
“Your mistake is to let your opponent kicked your ass”, she said, her forefinger pointed to him.
He scoffed, then ignored her.
Out of the blue, the doorbell rang. While the two are bickering in low voice so that Tomoe couldn't hear them, they heard something else.
“Ah…Nii-chan..?” she asked. Tomoe was standing in front of the intercom, and her head turned around to look at Enishi questioningly.
Enishi quickly shook his head.
“Er…Nii-chan not home..” she promptly lied. Kaoru was amused, Who's that?
Apparently the bell-ringer wasn't going to take no for an answer for they insistently pleaded Tomoe to let them in to give something to Enishi.
Before Enishi could stop her little sister, she pressed the gate door button open.
“Darn!” Kaoru yelped. “I gotta hide…where…where to hide…” she looked around her nervously.
 
“There!” Enishi swiftly grabbed her shoulders as they went into a small storage room used to store brooms and mops and all sorts of odds and ends together.
Once they were in there, Kaoru asked him in a low tone “Why are you here? You don't have to hide..”
“So what…I don't like them”, he answered her.
They had to stop talking. Soon enough, a flock of fan girls entered the house.
Tomoe's little voice was heard “I told you..”
”Mmm…but I thought I heard something…” one of the girls said.
Kaoru's heart beat was erratic. Oh no, oh no, oh no…. She was in very close proximity with the annoying silver haired guy that was also her crush, and she wasn't sure as why her pulse jumped around like crazy…is it because of the fear of getting caught by those girls. or because..because of him?
 
He was suddenly out of breath. The small, dark room was soon filled with her scent, a soft, mellow jasmine blossoms was surrounding him. He suddenly felt dizzy. He gulped as Kaoru gripped his shirt with her fists tightly out of her nervousness. Instinctively, he pulled her closer to him.
 
Kaoru was blushing like mad. This can't be happening to me!!!
 
The girls were still there, walking around the kitchen, close to the storeroom where they hid themselves in. “Oh well…will you give this to Yukishiro-kun then, little girl?”, one of them asked. Both Enishi and Kaoru heard Tomoe's small mumble.
She was a bit relieved. It means they're going off soon!, she thought.
Suddenly, she felt something suspiciously like an insect running across her bare feet. She hated insects like nothing on earth, and she was on the verge of screaming, forgetting where she was…
Enishi reacted faster than the sound of light as he noticed what just occurred. He jerked her in an embrace and locked his lips with hers to shut her up before their hiding place was exposed for the girls to see.
Their lips met in hesitant kiss after their initial shock coursed through them like a pail-full of cold water doused on them.
She stood stiffly in his arms, totally stunned at his actions. He…he..kissed me! He..just..kissed me! Her eyes went as huge as her favorite maki sushi, and she lost all of her strength in all of the sudden. He was there to support her rubbery- like knees and he kept her in his embrace. She wound her hands around his waist. O my goodness…whatever happened just then?
She pulled back slowly from their kiss. the insect incident was long forgotten.
 
“Nii-chan…nee-chan…they go away!”, a cheerful voice declared as she opened the little storeroom, revealing a very surprised Enishi and Kaoru still embracing each other.. “Ahh..get away, you pervert!”, she shouted, her face blushing at being caught by little Tomoe, who was, by the way, looking very, very confused.
“Aa….Nee-chan…nii-chan..no fight…here..here for you”, Tomoe was trying to calm them down, her small hands holding out a nicely wrapped package to Enishi.
Enishi quickly opened the blue wrapping paper to reveal a small face towel with an embroidered “Ganbatte!” on it.
The silence was deafening as the three of them stood there, not knowing what to say.
“This is what a girl's supposed to do…this towel sure does look and feel great!”, he said in a sarcastic tone, attempting to break the silence.
“Huh…go and cry all over that towel then..oh by the way. it just looks so girlish!”, she was so upset she stomped away to her bedroom. I need a shower….
He looked at another direction, suddenly losing his appetite to eat despite the sumptuous looking dishes…
What a stupid, stupid thing
“Nii-chan…”, a small voice was heard.
“aa..Tomoe..”, he looked at her.
“…I'm hungry…”, she said, pouting cutely.
“….”
Enishi had no choice but to comply. He was, after all, a real softie when it comes to his sister.
“Ah…Kaoru nee-chan...”, the little girl suddenly remembered about Kaoru who stormed off the kitchen, and was about to make her way to call her.
Enishi swiftly grabbed her arm. “Tomoe-chan, let's eat!”
“A…but..nee-chan..?”
He shook his head. “Don't worry about her”.
 
-----------------------------
Some terms:
Judoka: Judo contestant in the tournament
Judogi: Judo uniform
Kiosuke: Attention
Hajime: Start
Kata- gatame: shoulder hold (pinning move)
Hadaka-jime: naked arm strangling move
Yuko: Opponent thrown to one side and held back for 15 seconds. This doesn't accumulate score in judo.
Wazaari: Opponent thrown on the back, held down for 20 seconds. Generally not as good as ippon.
Uchi mata: inner thigh throw
Ippon: Opponent thrown on the back and held for at least 25 seconds. This will result in instant win.