Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ When Amethyst Loved Amber ❯ 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Rurouni Kenshin….I don't own a sakaba…or a katana….or that really cool weapon that Hanami has! ^^ The bottom line is, Rurouni Kenshin is not mine, I've merely taken it and twisted it in my own mysterious ways.

Chapter 2

Kenshin's eyes widened with realization and a slight trace of Rurouni fear as he whispered, "Hanami…"

Kenshin's eyes were glazed over as he thought back into the past. Way, way back to his adolescent years. He shook his head and a tear traced its way down his cheek. Sanosuke was startled, he had never expected this from Kenshin. Kaoru sensed something was wrong as well, and she appeared from the dojo, where she and Yahiko had been training, "Is everything alright?" Sano looked at her, his face completely unknowing. Yahiko followed Kaoru and pointed at Kenshin, "Hey! What's the matter?"

Kenshin wiped the tear away and smiled, "Hai, I'm just fine." He turned to Sanosuke, "You are very lucky, that you are." Sanosuke shook his head, "I don't understand, who was that woman Kenshin?" He thought back to the Akabeko, that mysterious woman with the enticing amethyst eyes.

Kenshin took a deep breath, "Her name is Hanami Seijun." Sanosuke nodded, "But when she left, she said, `Kisei Megami has spared you'?" Kenshin squeezed his eyes shut, "Like the battousai, she also has another name. Hanami Seijun….is her actual name. It literally means the flowers of innocence." A pained look flickers in his eyes, "She once was exactly that." He shook his head, lowering it, his scarlet bangs falling to block his eyes.

Kaoru came and sat beside them, "Are you two talking about the nice woman who paid Sano's tab?" Kenshin winced at the word nice. Sanosuke prompted more information, "Tell me Kenshin, just who is she, and why did she have that scar, and just exactly how do you know her?"

Kenshin took a deep breath, he was reluctant to tell them that he was in danger, and for that matter, so were they. Taking this into consideration, he began to tell the tale, "During my early adolescent years, when I was still being trained for the revolution, I stumbled upon a girl…Her name was Hanami Seijun. I found out that she also was being trained as a malicious manslayer. She was adopted from America into a loving family that was ruthlessly slain. They spared the little girl who was still too young to understand and took her as their own. I don't know who her new adopted father was. She and I trained together in our spare time, bonding needlessly…"

Kenshin's eyes closed, "She was quite beautiful, and day after day I could sense that she was falling in love with me. I didn't know what those feelings were like…She and i…we shamed our names…we were not married. Two young warriors, trained to kill, still innocent…I stole her innocence."

Kaoru held his shoulder, "You were young." Kenshin pulled away, "You don't understand…She loved me. A love that was as pure as the sun…Until I met Tomoe…My lovely…Beautiful wife…I fell in love with Tomoe…And this angered that innocent flower…"

Sanosuke nodded, "You broke her heart…Now she lives to-" Kenshin cut in, "Years later, She heard of Tomoe's death…and by that time my scar had become to be quite famous…no one could miss the Battousai. Later on, I heard of her, She had declared herself Kisei Megami…The goddess of death. Taking her blade, she carved an exact replica of my scar into her right fore arm…declaring revenge for love that she lost…"

Kenshin began to shudder and he hung his head low, "I hurt her…I hurt her bad…Nan de?" His voice trailed into a whisper, "Nan de?" Kaoru wrapped her arms around the Kenshin's shaking form, "That was years ago Kenshin, you must remember, you were young…" Kenshin's head laid on her shoulder, "She will come…She will come to kill me…and I don't want to put you in that kind of danger Miss Kaoru…"

Kaoru pulled away and folded her arms, "Kenshin, we will stay by your side. We'll be there for you…don't you understand that?" Yahiko jumped up, "Yeah Kenshin! Kamiya Kashiin Ryuu! We'll fight to the death!" Kenshin smiled at the enthusiastic Yahiko, "I thank you Yahiko, for being a brave warrior." Yahiko blushed, "Awwww geeze!" Sanosuke laughed, glad that the mood had lightened up.

Kenshin stood, "I have a feeling that Miss Hanami Seijun will be here soon. I know she will demand a fight…" His brow knitted in confusion, "There is one thing I don't understand though, why didn't she…kill…Sano?" Sanosuke stood up and pumped up his shoulders, "Must have been my manly charm."

Yahiko snorted, "Yeah right!" Sano grabbed him in a headlock, "What was that you little twerp?!" Yahiko struggled, "Alright I take it back!" Sano released him and Turned back to Kenshin, "This Hanami girl, she had an odd weapon." Kenshin's eyes narrowed, "So she has brought that…Koketsu…"

"What's that?" Kaoru asked. "It's a weapon that has 4 deadly sharp blades." He explained, "It is literally the Jaws of death, it has earned her many a victory in Kyoto. She has perfected everything about it and her left handed sword wielding." Kaoru's eyes widened, "She has both?!" Kenshin nodded, "It was a difficult weapon to counter. As she caught me many a time with the blades around my throat. I was lucky I never ran into her after Tomoe died, that I was. I'm sure she has improved her skills over the past ten years. To tell you the truth…I don't know if I can beat her with a reverse blade sword…"

Yahiko gasped, "What do you mean Kenshin?!" "Your invincible with that sword Kenshin!" Sano Added. Kenshin shook his head, "You seen her weapon Sanosuke...and your lucky she only used her fist on you, that you are." Sanosuke blushed, "wh…What are you talking about Kenshin?" Kenshin chuckled, "Its obvious you fought with her. Had you won, you wouldn't have asked me anything about her."

Yahiko pointed at Sanosuke and laughed, "You lost to a WOMAN!!!" He fell over, holding his stomach, howling out wails of laughter in between gasps for air. Kaoru as well chuckled.

Kenshin looked up to the sky, a few stars had begun to show, "I believe she will show up tonight." He said. "Hanami…" It was so long ago…Why do you want to kill me now? Kenshin shook himself out of his daze, "How about we make some dinner Miss Kaoru, I am rather hungry, de gozaru."

Kaoru smiled happily, "Alright Kenshin." Sanosuke rubbed his chin, "Yeah Kenshin." He winced, expecting that wooden sword to come cracking down on his head, but it didn't. He opened his eyes, and was surprised to see Kaoru smiling at him, "Alright Sano, you deserve it, after all, you warned Kenshin of that girl." Sano smiled happily. Kaoru pounced at him and pulled on his hair, "Don't be expecting this all the time GOT IT?!" Kenshin chuckled and went to prepare the food.

Doctor Gensai appeared, and Ayamii and Suzume cheered, dropping the ball and running to hug their grandpa. "Well hello there girls." The kindly old man said cheerfully. Kaoru smiled, "Oh, hello Doctor Gensai, you've arrived just in time, please stay for dinner?" Doctor Gensai smiled and led the girls over to a place where he could sit and rest his old bones, "I'd love to Kaoru, thank you." Kaoru nodded, "I'll go tell Kenshin to make extra."

****

Hanami Wandered aimlessly around the streets, her mind clouded with images of her past. You hurt me so much Battousai. I will make sure that you regret it. She was positive that Sanosuke had informed Kenshin of her, and they all probably knew about her now. You couldn't forget me could you Battousai? I've burned my memory into you, it's a symbol you wear, just like I bear this `Aku'.

She sat down to sort out her head. She wasn't entirely sure if going to the dojo tonight was a good idea. Kenshin would surely be on guard. Protecting the innocent with his pathetic reverse-blade sword. I have no claim to the others that you live with…its only you I hunger the blood of.

She smirked, I wonder how much that Ruffian told Battousai. Hmmm…That Ruffian…Sanosuke Sagara. Quite full of himself. He still looked like a youth. The only thing keeping his age was the sharp angles of that face of his. He did have quite the build she had to admit. Though that's not all it takes to be a good warrior.

She gripped the staff of her most effective weapon, "Battousai will die! And I will not let indulgences interfere!" She bolted to her feet and began a brisk walk to the Kamiya Dojo, her heart and her mind set on death for the battousai…