Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ When Amethyst Loved Amber ❯ 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Rurouni Kenshin. For those of you who still don't know.

A/N: Waaahhhh!!! I lost my computer for a week!!! Can you believe it!!! Then….the night that I finally get it back…what happens? I break my god damned finger. Talk about luck…..Anyways…enough about my problems, lets find out whether Hanami shows up or not…

Chapter 3

"Battousai will die tonight!" Hanami declared, standing and beginning a brisk walk to the Kamiya Dojo.

Yahiko sat back and stretched, "Boy am I stuffed!" Sanosuke set his bowl down and yawned widely, "Much better than Kaoru's cooking." Kenshin chuckled as Kaoru began throwing everything within reach at the lanky fighter. He just asks for it doesn't he?

Dr. Gensai and the girls had left some time ago, which was a relief to Kenshin, since protecting the small children would set his heart into a fury. Kenshin sat back on his haunches and pondered how he was going to win. He wondered if Hanami would threaten Miss Kaoru or Yahiko in any way. That weapon of hers….

He knew very well that he could match any of the moves with her sword, and he had a fear that she also knew this. If I block all of her sword techniques, then she will be forced to use her Koketsu…His thoughts were cut short when he sensed a presence at the dojo.

Sanosuke felt it too. He stood at the same time as Kenshin and they both took long strides. Kenshin held his arm out as a signal for Sano to stop and went to the gate on his own.

***

Hanami waited outside the gate, her heart pounding furiously. Her knuckles turned white as she gripped the staff of her Koketsu. What if I cant do it? What if I cant kill him? What if I still love him?

The gate swung open and her hair was blown back, revealing her eyes as they met the Violet orbs that stared back at her. Gods he had grown. And she hated him for it, for all the hurt he had put her through. She clenched her teeth, "Himura the Battousai."

Kenshin narrowed his eyes, "Kisei Megami…Or should I say, Hanami Seijun…we meet again I see. But this time I fear you have something more for me." Hanami clenched her fist, "You know why I have come Battousai. There is no doubt about that. Your ruffian friend already informed you."

Kenshin's eyes widened, had she been spying? A soft chuckle came as a breeze ruffled her bangs, bringing them to hide her eyes again, "No…I wasn't listening to anything you exchanged with Sanosuke, or Kaoru, or anyone for that matter. I knew that ruffian would tell you everything. It must have hurt when he lost. Especially since his challenge was a woman."

Kenshin narrowed his eyes once again, "I do not wish to fight you Miss Hanami Seijun." Hanami cackled, "You call that fighting?! That useless reverse-blade sword? Ha!" She tossed her hair over her shoulder, "You know don't you? You know that you cant hurt me with that thing you call a sword."

Kenshin clenched his teeth. The damn woman. She had always been this way, always finding some way to fuel his anger, And he knew it too…He knew that his reverse blade technique would not hurt her. Damn her for being able to read him like that! Battousai was invincible! But I'm no longer a manslayer…

Hanami peered over his shoulder and seen that Kaoru and Yahiko had joined Sanosuke who had been standing in front of the dojo so they could see. She smirked and caught Sanosuke's eye. Sanosuke glared at her which made her chuckle. "I see your friend holds hard grudges."

Kenshin shook his head, "Not like you Hanami. How long has it been?" Hanami choked, "A long time…" A tear traced its way down her cheek and she wiped it away briskly and regained her composure, "Long enough for my anger to build. Long enough for me to decide that I would be your end!"

Kenshin shook his head, "Why Hanami…?" Hanami's right arm fell limp at her side, holding her Koketsu loosely. Kenshin knew this sign, she would reach for her katana. His hand twitched. Hanami steadied her left hand above her hilt prepped to draw, "I could easily kill you…you know…" Kenshin's voice deepened and hallowed out, "Yeah I know."

She drew her katana and charged at him. Kenshin, using his godlike speed, leapt up and landed behind her, drawing his sakaba and running forward. Hanami let her sword come up and blocked his attack. She turns and swiftly juts at him. He cuts her attack off. They lunge for each other, hitting in mid air, the force knocking them both back.

Kenshin's chest was heaving up and down, as he brings his sakaba up, "Hiten Mitsurugi…" He leapt up, "RYU-TSUI-SEN!!!" The attack catches her shoulder as she moves to the left. Pain sears through her arm but she turns and catches him in the side with the hilt of her sword.

"Oof!" Kenshin hits the wall and kicks off of it. Hanami dodges his sword which he holds straight out and swings her katana, crying out in rage and pain as it makes contact, slicing a faint line across his chest.

Kaoru cries out as the sickening sound of sword through flesh reaches her ears, "Kenshin!!" Sano holds her back, "Don't be a fool! The minute you run over there, is the minute Kenshin has someone else to protect and the harder it will be for him to fight her."

Yahiko clenches his fists, "That woman is so stupid! She doesn't know that Kenshin will defeat her!"

Kenshin pushes his hand to the blood flow, the crimson seeping through his fingers and down his hand, dripping tiny tears that seep into the ground.

Hanami hisses, "Look…your hurt…and you must feel tired… You know…if you give up it will be much easier…BATTOUSAI!!" Shouting the last word, she leaps forward, a death slash.

Kenshin stands and cuts her attack off, bringing his other fist up and punching her in the abdomen, "I no longer go by that name."

Hanami gasps for air and lands back on her feet, "I will fight the Battousai…You will come back…" Straitening her posture she brings her sword behind her back, "that hit was just luck…This time I wont miss.."

They lunge at each other again, but this time, Hanami has another trick up her sleeve. As she approaches him, she grasps the blade of her sword in her right hand and catches Kenshin off guard, slamming her fist into his jaw.

Kenshin flies back and hits the wall. Hanami's chest heaves, "Battousai could have easily blocked that…You have become weak…and pitiful…"

Kaoru runs over, despite Sano's warnings, "Kenshin!" Kenshin stands, his shoulders slumped. A fine line of blood runs from his lips, tracing a path down his chin, "Get…Back miss Kaoru…."

Hanami Points her sword at Kaoru, "You're the reason he has become weak…You stole him just like Tomoe did!" This is what Kenshin had feared. Yahiko runs up behind Kaoru, clenching his bokken and swinging it, "Kenshin doesn't Kill anymore! I don't care what you do to me, I wont let you have him BACK!!"

"No Yahiko!" Kenshin cries as the boy runs at Hanami. Hanami chuckles and swings her Katana, dodging the boys attack, and slicing the end of his wooden sword off. It clatters to the ground, the noise loud in the sudden silence.

Hanami sheaths her sword. "Hopeless. You have a lot of determination, that is good in a warrior, but you'll never get anywhere with that attitude."

Kenshin grips his sword, "Hanami…I don't want to fight…" Hanami chuckled, "Of course you don't, that woman has made you weak. Just like Tomoe did…Otherwise you could have prevented her death!"

Kenshin lets out a wail of anger at his former wife's name and charges at her, pulling up her Koketsu, she blocks his attack. Shoving him to the ground and stepping on his right hand. "Should I kill you now?" The blades of her Koketsu surround his neck. "Or should I wait? Let you suffer, knowing I will kill you because you are weak?"

Kaoru runs forward, "No! Don't hurt him! Please!" Kenshin gasps as Hanami's eyes fade to a deep sea blue. Her gaze pierces into Kaoru, "Pain…do you know what that is?! This pain has nagged at me ever since Battousai left me for her…IT WONT LEAVE!!! The only way I cant eliminate some of that pain is to kill the Battousai!"

Kaoru shakes her head, "I don't know what that kind of pain is Hanami, but I'm sure Kenshin didn't-" "QUIET!!" Kenshin breaths a sigh of relief as the Koketsu is removed from his throat. Hanami backs away and Kenshin stands, "Hanami…"

She shakes her head and switches the Koketsu to the other hand and grips her wounded shoulder, "Don't say anything Kenshin. I will be back. I suggest you get rid of that pitiful excuse of a weapon." Turning her back , she walks out, feeling their eyes burn into her. As she rounds the corner tears begin to fall. Why is it so hard? Kenshin…

***

Kaoru and Yahiko run to Kenshin, who calmly sheaths his sword. Kaoru inspects the wound, "Are you ok Kenshin?" Kenshin looks up at the stars and nods, "Hai. I am fine…But Hanami…" Kaoru shakes her head, "She shouldn't have done this. No matter what, there is nothing to justify death." Kenshin nods, "Miss Kaoru, you are right, that you are." Kaoru hugs him, "I'm so glad your ok!"

Yahiko grins and looks around, "I think Sano got scared." They all turn to look, Sano had left unknowingly. Kenshin narrowed his eyes, "I can only hope that he hasn't gone after Hanami."

A/N Man….ok…I'm not as excited as before. I don't think I write fighting too well. Oh well, it's a start. ^-~ I hope….For being my first you have to give me some credit. ^-^' Anyways, I don't know how long it will be before I get chapter 4 up. But here's a few questions you should be asking yourself. Where has Sano gone? And Will Kenshin be able to defeat the Goddess of Death?