Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ One Shot Heaven ❯ Fallen Angel ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Never again she thought. She wouldn't go through that heartache again. She had given her all to him and he had abandoned her to her fate. It didn't matter to him that she had given up Heaven to live here. Yes she would have lived longer than he would but he hadn't cared. At least she had thought so. All that was left of her heavenly descent was the large white wings that rested on her back.

Turning from the cliffs that overlooked his village, she began moving through the trees, her eyes empty of thought and any other emotion. It was as though she were hollow and empty. She didn't feel the branches scratch her precious skin. Nor did she feel the sharp rocks on her the bottoms of her feet.

As she reached a meadow that surrounded an icy lake, she paused. She watched the wildlife move around. They were together with someone. She wasn't though. She was alone. It was then that the clouds began to fill the sky. The thunder echoed across the land. Tears fell for her in the form of the rain. She would never be able to return home. She would be forced to live her life here on Earth, alone.

Raising her face, she felt the rain slide down her cheeks and over her body. Her wings spread as she wrapped her arms about her waist. She looked to be as she had once been for a brief moment. Yet only the wildlife saw.

As the rain began to slow, the sun slowly rose up in the sky, the night ending. Falling to her knees, she prayed for strength and guidance. She prayed to die and leave this place. Sadly there was no answer for her.

As she rose up, she turned to head back toward the trees so that she would be able to hide there for a time, until she was ready to face the humans again. A flutter of wings had her gasp as a snow white dove darted from the edge of the lake and landed on her shoulder. It stayed there briefly before soaring up into the rising sun.

A smile found its way to her face as she watched. She turned then and faced back into the soft wind that was blowing. She felt the strength of her creator, and father, fill her. She was ready now. She began to walk back toward town, hiding her wings so that she appeared to be just another human.