Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ One Shot Heaven ❯ Hurricane ( Chapter 5 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

I do not own Inuyasha or the characters in any way.

This songfic was inspired by the song Hurricane by 30 Seconds to Mars.

This is a Kagome/Sesshomaru pairing.

Hurricane

Kagome found herself before him on her knees. Trapped in the dungeon. Tears filled her eyes but she refused to let them shed. How could this have happened? How could her time have been so short? She had thought she had more time. Her eyes glazed over, retreating to another time and another place when she had had the time. Before her true name had come to the surface and tainted all.

Time to escape
The clutches of a name
No this is not a game (It's just the beginning)
I don't believe in fate

But the bottom line
It's time to pay
You know you've got it coming

This Is War


She still remembered when he had asked her to flee with him. To leave his brother and join him. To become his mate. He had been so sweet.

No matter how many times that you told me you wanted to leave

She gasped, mentally chuckling as she realized she had forgotten to breathe. She felt the blow on her face and yet didn't feel it. He wanted her here to feel it all.


No matter how many breaths that you took, you still couldn't breathe

She remembered after she had discovered herself, before they had known. She had watched him standing at his window, his claws dripping the dark poison that now harmed her.

No matter how many nights that you lie wide awake to the sound of the poison rain

In her mind she screamed, begging to all who could hear why her love had fled. Why had the monster within him come for her? She herself had done no wrong. It was her nature.

Where did you go? Where did you go? Where did you go?
As days go by, the ni
ght's on fire

Suddenly she felt fire course through her body. Arching, she gasped in shock. She saw the pleasure in his eyes. The others were there as well, mocking her. A single tear fell and she watched him kneel before her. She felt him take her chin. A sad smile appeared. She had been awaiting the day of her death for so long. The death of this body so she could ascend and leave this world behind her. The others had convinced him to keep her here for her power. He didn't understand what would happen if he continued this. She forced the only words that could even remotely get through to him.


Tell me would you kill to save a life?
Tell me would you kill to prove you're right?
Crash, crash, burn, let it all burn
This hurricane's chasing us all underground

“Would you kill to save a life of one you hold dear? Would you kill to prove that you are supreme?” Confusion clouded his eyes. “What do you mean Kagome?” She flinched at her old name. The name of the one he loved.


No matter how many deaths that I die I will never forget

She knew in the end that she would always remember him. He was her soul mate. They belonged together.


No matter how many lives that I live, I will never regret

The tears in her eyes grew as he stared at her, searching. “Who?” She could hear their voices behind him, yelling to not fall for her trickery.

There is a fire inside of this heart
and a riot about to explode into flames
Where is your god? Where is your god? Where is your god?

She could feel the power rising inside her. The ones that worshipped the miko-turned Goddess had begun praying in her name. They were killing in her name. She could feel her power rising and soon she would be unstoppable to them. “Please…”


Ooooooo-ooohhh Ooooooo-ooohhh

Do you really want
...
Do you really want me?
Do you really want me dead,
Or alive to torture for my sins?

“I cannot kill you. Darkness and destruction though you are, you are my mate.” She dropped her head. She could feel the darkness rising within her. “Am I to remain alive and be tortured for something I could not stop?” Her voice was a mere whisper. “Am I to live in agony knowing my crimes?”

Do you really want...
Do you really want me?
Do you really want me dead,
Or alive to live a lie?

“Am I to pretend to be something I am not, in order to please all those who speak against my very being?” Tears were pouring from her eyes. “Tell me! Tell me!” He could only stare in shock at her.


Tell me would you kill to save a life?
Tell me would you kill to prove you're right?
Crash
, crash, burn, let it all burn
This hurricane's chasing us all underground

She felt the darkness crashing over her, overwhelming her. She began to laugh, her eyes turning black. “And now your beloved Rin will have to die so that I can live.” Tears continued down her cheeks.

The promises we made were not enough (Never play the game again)
The prayers that we have prayed were like a drug (Never gonna hit the fear)
The secrets that we sold were never known (Never sing a song for you)
The love we had, the lo
ve we had, we had to let it go.
(Never giving in again, Never giving in again)

She rose, breaking the chains around her. Her power lashed at the people she had once called family. She heard their screams of pain and agony and it fueled the darkness. Her gaze turned to her beloved. “Please go. Save her…”

Tell me would you kill to save a life?
Tell me would you kill to prove you're right?
Crash, crash, burn, let it all burn
This hurricane's chasing us all underground

Before her power could completely change her, she felt something in her chest. Looking down, she saw claws imbedded in her chest. A smile appeared as she felt the power draining away.

This hurricane [x3]

Do you really want...
Do you really want me?
Do you really want me dead,
Or alive to
torture for my sins?

Do you really want...
Do you really want me?
Do you really want me dead,
Or alive to live a lie?

As he lowered her to the ground tenderly, she felt the smile slip onto her lips. She raised a hand to his cheek, her tears coming. Her eyes were once more sapphire. She was Kagome again. “Thank you…” He held her tightly to him and gently kissed her lips. When she didn't respond, he raised his head and saw that her eyes had closed and there was a peaceful smile on her lips. He held on to her body, howling the passing of his mate. Nearby, Kagome appeared, transparent to all. She was dead. The God that had tainted her was gone, her love's poison searing him away. She could now be as she was meant to be. The Goddess of Life. Kneeling before her love, she kissed his cheek lightly. He froze, his eyes widening. She allowed him to hear her one last time. “Goodbye Sesshomaru. Thank you my love for freeing me.” Then she turned and walked away.