Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ One Shot Heaven ❯ Losing Time ( Chapter 8 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Shifting, the young woman looked out of the window to the passing countryside. It had been so many years since she had left. Tears pricked her eyes as she remembered the years spent apart from her family. It didn't matter though. They had known where she was. They had to have seen her on the television often enough. Shifting once more, she felt a warm hand touch hers. Turning her head, she smiled at the small child next to her. “Mama, will Grandma like me?” A soft laugh escaped her throat even though it caused her to want to cry more. “Of course, sweet heart! I am the one Grandma is mad at.” The child looked down.

She was no more than 8 years old but seemed so much younger. The young woman, whose name she had changed numerous times, had raised her daughter on her own the entire time. Her current name was Heather. Her daughter's name was Celia, for her mother. Heather had fled to LA and had soon found herself part of a dance studio. She worked hard in the afternoons to get ready to provide for the child she was about to have. Once Celia was born, she was given a chance to have her dream of becoming a dancer. She danced for a year or so but soon she was found out. Finally, they made it to New York. It was here that Heather found she could get lost with so many people. Starting out, they lived in a run-down apartment complex on the East side and Heather worked at a strip joint. Soon though, she was given one more chance to be a dancer. It was theatre though. Trying out, she got the part for a play and immediately began to get paid better. Within 3 months, she had moved herself and Celia to a better apartment complex in a better part of the city and worked nights as a waitress at a five-star restaurant. Her first debut was beyond successful. Soon she was well known in the theatre community and had more jobs coming in than she could handle.

The lawyers had found her though and informed her that she was to return home. Her mother was dying and wished to see her granddaughter before she died. So now they were on a train headed to a small out of the way town in Northern California on the coast. They would rent a car once they got off in San Francisco.

Arriving at the house, Heather was in shock. It was horrible! The house was torn apart. Going inside with Celia, she went to her mother's room and found it empty. A note sat on the bed. She read it. “I'm sorry Cece for sending you away. All I have is yours.” Heather sat on the bed and began to cry. She had been a fool.