Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Heart of Kindness ❯ Chapter 2

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 2

I know that at times she can be late. I always wonder what she does that can cause her to be so late. Tonight feels so different. This is not a normal late for her. Somehow deep inside I know that something has happened to my daughter, but it is probably just my imagination. What could ever happen to my Usagi?

I keep looking out the window to see if I can see her walking down the street. Hours pass and there is no sign of my little girl. The feeling that something is wrong returns. Something tells me to call her friends, but I don't want her to feel that I am checking up on her. No, she'd never think that. I walk over to the phone and pick up the receiver. Slowly I dial Mamoru's number.

If anyone knows where she is, he would. I can see the love in his eyes every time he looks at Usagi. My heart begins to give up as ring number five echoes through the handset. Then ring number six begins, but at the end of ring six the phone picks up.

"Chiba residence."

"Mamoru, this is Ikuko."

"Hello, Mrs. Tsukino. Can I help you?"

"Please tell me that Usagi is with you?"

"I'm sorry, but she isn't. Hasn't she come home yet? She left me four hours ago." A worried tone echoes through his voice.

"She hasn't made it home yet."

"I'm on my way. We'll look for her together."

"Thank you, Mamoru." I put the receiver down and wait for his arrival. I keep myself busy. It keeps my mind from bad thoughts.

The doorbell rings. I grab my purse and head for the door. As I open the door, I see two men in police uniforms standing there. As I look into their solemn faces, I see Mamoru pull up in his car.

The officers remove their hats and look at each other. The older one looks back at me and opens his mouth to speak. "Mrs. Tsukino, there has been an accident."

"No!" I yell as tears fill my eyes. I see Mamoru run up the sidewalk towards us, as my knees grow weak. I feel his strong arms around me and his calm voice as he takes over the conversation. Nothing makes much sense at the moment. All that registers is that there was an accident and that Usagi, my baby daughter, is in the hospital.

As the officers leave, Mamoru leads me to his car. "My baby girl." I whisper as he helps me sit in the seat and closes the door.