Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Heart of Kindness ❯ Chapter 4

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 4

I stand in the temple yard. Slowly I rake the grass around me. I keep waiting to hear her voice or the sounds of her laughter as she reads through my mangas, but those sounds never come.

I feel a hand come to rest on my shoulder. I turn to look at the person. A pair of caring eyes stares back at me.

"Raye, you've been raking the same spot for five minutes now."

"I have. I didn't know, Yuuichirou." I can hear the sadness and the pain that fill my voice as I speak, and I know that he can hear them as well.

"Something's bothering you." A concerned tone fills his voice.

Tears begin to fall down my face as I drop the rake from my trembling hands. I fall to my knees as the tears begin to fall faster. I feel a pair of strong arms wrap around my shoulders. I bury my head in his chest and try to find solace for my aching heart there, but it is not to be found.

"Don't leave me, Usagi!" I yell as Yuuichirou holds me close. "You can't leave me." I sob as my tears fall faster.

"She is strong, Raye. I am sure she'll be fine." He says, trying to comfort my aching heart.

I pull back just enough to look into his eyes. "Usagi hasn't woken up yet. It has been two months."

"She just needs sometime."

"Friday her time runs out." I wipe the tears from my eyes before I continue. "Minako called earlier. Mamoru called her after he found out."

"I'll finish your chores. Mamoru and the others will need you." He wipes some tears from my cheeks before he continues. "Besides you haven't seen her in a while."

I nod my head as he helps me to my feet and leads me toward the temple. I know that he is right. All that I can think of is what will we do if Usagi is taken from us. How will we make it without her?

She is our light. She can see the goodness in anyone or anything and make it shine for all to see. Innocence and purity have always been her strong points. She always believed in people even when the world did not.

I kiss Yuuichirou on the cheek. "Thank you." I tell him as I head toward my room to change.