Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Heart of Kindness ❯ Chapter 7

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 7

I stare at my cupboards. I like to cook when I am upset, but I can't find the will to cook. She's not here to eat everything that I bake. I can hear her voice as she tells me what a good cook I am. She's always here to sample my new dishes. She has a stomach like a cast iron pot. She can eat anything and everything.

I walk from the kitchen and glance at the door. I keep hoping to hear her small hand knock on the door to comfort me. I want her to tell me everything is going to be okay, but the knock never comes.

She was the first person to believe in me. Not once did she truly believe that I was a bad person. Her heart brought me her friendship when I needed a friend the most. How many people will be friendless when she leaves this world?

"Oh, Usagi, don't you know we still need you." I sob. I hear something fall. I rush to the kitchen to investigate.

A picture of all of us lies on the ground. It was a picture we had Mamoru take of us before the Outer Senshi left. We are all sitting by a tree and are very happy. I pick the picture up and place it on the refrigerator once again.

I see how she smiles and I can't help but cry. She could make any person smile. She could befriend anyone. The world will be a darker place without her light in it.

I walk from the kitchen. I grab my keys and head for the door. I wipe the tears from my cheeks as I head toward the hospital.