Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Midnight Lovers ❯ A New Begining ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

I LOVE YOU GUYS! You can't believe how happy I was when I checked my mail and found I had 20 new reviews! *Squeals*!!!! THANKY!

Midnight Lovers

My only wish was for you to be happy.

My only regret was that you were not.

Haruka held tighter onto Usagi as Michiru entered the room. She gasped and dropped her suitcases. "Ruka-chan?"

Haruka sighed, "We need to talk Michi." She gently pushed Usagi towards her room giving her an encouraging smile. Usagi's eyes widened and she nodded as she headed off.

"What's going on?" Michiru was looking suspiciously at Usagi and back to Haruka while moving to sit on the couch opposite from where Haruka had.

"Remember when I told you how Mamoru had been treating Koneko?" At Michiru's nod she continued, "Well she came to me crying last night. I've told you how I felt for her." After this she rushed through the story, "And then I.we just.well she.ah" Haruka stumbled for words as she tried to explain what had occurred last night. As Michiru realized what she was trying to say smirked.

"She left Mamoru.for you?" Michiru didn't look as mad as Haruka had first thought. In fact she was smiling. When Haruka nodded, uncertain at Michiru's odd behavior, broke into a wide grin. She saw Usagi standing in the bedroom doorway and went over to her, "Congratulations! I'm so happy for the both of you!"

"Michi, what's going on? That can't be it." Haruka said, coming over to a stunned Usagi.

Michiru hesitated as their gaze leveled on her, "Ah, It's not my place to say. You should ask Mamoru."

"Are you too seeing each other? When you knew how Usagi felt?" Haruka glared at Michiru as she waited for her answer.

Michiru's eyes widened at the thought, "No! I would never!"

"I believe you. Besides, it's in the past now." Usagi felt herself smiling "How about we go to the fair that's in town! I've been wanting to go all week!" Back to her normal self, Usagi tugged on Haruka's hand, leading her to the bedroom.

"I think I have something that might fit you, Usagi." Michiru said as she followed the two in.

An hour later they were ready. Usagi had called everyone and they were to meet at two o'clock. Usagi had to go talk to Mamoru first.

Usagi was dressed in a short dark blue jean skirt and a sleeveless white blouse that tied at her waist. Her hair was in two braids, abandoning her princess style. It was almost symbolic in her step away from destiny. She had a sparkled gloss over her lips with a touch of shimmer covering her eyes. Subtle, yet beautiful. Haruka was dressed similarly in flare blue jeans and a white blouse, not as feminim as Usagi's however. She had a light brush of bronze eye shadow on and chose a simple lip balm over the gloss Usagi picked. Michiru was wearing a short black skirt and a sea green sleeveless turtleneck. She had her hair pulled back in a ponytail and light eye shadow and blush.

"Do you want me to come with you, Koneko?" Haruka asked as they pulled up to Mamoru's apartment.

"I'm not a kid at my first day of school. I'll be fine Ruka-chan." She smiled and gave her a peck on the cheek before getting out of the car, "The park isn't far from here so I can walk if he doesn't want to come." She shrugged her shoulders and smiled. Spinning on her heel she ran up the path to the double doors that led to Mamoru's apartment.

"Be right there!" A knock had sounded on Mamoru's door right as he was getting out of the shower. People had the worst timing. He hurriedly threw on some sweatpants and went to the door, throwing the towel over his shoulder.

A smiling face greeted him as he opened the door, "Usagi?" He was kind of shocked she was here actually. He had said some pretty harsh things the other night and didn't expect to see her for another day or two. He felt guilty, making her cry like that but he had just gotten so frustrated.

"Hi Mamoru! Mind if I come in?" Usagi grinned at his shock and suspicion. He opened the door wider for her and welcomed her in.

"What brings you here, Usagi?" Mamoru asked as he sat in the chair opposite the couch.

"Well, the gang and I are going to the fair today and I thought it would be polite to invite you along. I think Ami has some questions for you about that book you let her borrow the other day." She giggled at the thought of her blue haired friend.

"Sure, I just have to get dressed. You caught me just as I was getting out of the shower."

"Alright. And on the way there I have some things to tell you." Usagi called to his retreating back.

They were just entering the gates to the park when Usagi had finished her story. Mamoru was grinning like a fool, "Haruka, eh! Never would have guessed." He laughed a bit. "I'm happy for you Usa, really." His eyes twinkled at her and she realized he did love her, but only as a friend or sister. And she was happy with that.

Remembering what Michiru had said earlier she hesitated, "Ne, Mamoru."

"Hmm?" He glanced at her sideways.

"Why did Michiru seem so happy that I had gotten over you? She wouldn't tell me, said to ask you." Mamoru's eyes widened.

Author Notes: I had originally planned for Michiru to be a big bitch and her and Mamoru ended up together but someone had guessed it and didn't want me to. I like happy endings too so I went along with it and came up with this new thing! It still all works! ^_- Sorry the chapters are so short but I have to figure out what the secret is. LOL! It's either one of three things so far, but you'll have to find out in the next chapter! Ja!