Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Moonlight ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
A/N: I know it's been a while since I posted and I had started this chapter a few days after I posted the previous chapter, but I got distracted with work and writing other scenes for this story and thinking about my next story.



~~~~~~~~




“This is your room, sweetheart.” Esme opened the door to the most beautifully decorated room she had ever seen. One wall was just a giant window with a view of the forest, dressed with olive green drapes and held up by golden ropes. She ran over to the window and pressed her hands against the cold glass. The forest looked so much more different from the view from the car.


“I see why you live all the way out here.”


“It's quite peaceful out here.” She turned around to look at the rest of the room. “This room is very


“I had time to prepare. Alice saw you coming, so to speak.” Esme stood in the middle of the room.


“Alice? She is a fortune teller?”


“Something like that. She is very excited for your arrival. Although, by the way she had described you, we all assumed Lenny was coming. We just assumed she was on some kind of journey again.”


“Did she travel a lot?” She took a seat on a navy blue sofa, with black, white, and gold pillows. She looked at the small living space in her room. A large shaggy white carpet was on the floor. There was a large black iron coffee table with a glass top in the center of the area decorated with vase of lilacs. White wooden doors blended into the walls, she could only guess that there were books or clothing hidden behind it.


“Around the world. She loved learning about different cultures. There was this light in her eyes whenever we travelled.”


“We were travelling in Spain because I wanted to see the running of the bulls. All I ever wanted was to see other cultures. Uncle Vladimir said that there was more to life than Russia. He even taught me to speak other languages, something I had never told my parents. I was the reason we were in Spain. I wanted to see the running of the bulls. Daddy said it was safe enough for me to leave home, but mama was against the whole idea. She-” She stopped talking and stood up. “I don't even know why I'm telling you all this. It doesn't even matter anymore.”


“It doesn't hurt to talk about this things.”


“I don't want to burden you with my problems. I'm already being an inconvenience to you.”


“Your family now. We will stand by you no matter what is happening to you.”


“Even if it could put you in danger?”


“Trust me when I say you couldn't have picked a safer place to be right now.”


“Then I will trust you.”


“Are you hungry?”


“No, I think I'll just unpack and rest for a little bit.”


“I'll come for you when the others arrive.”


“Thank you.” She opened her suitcases on the bed, which was decorated in hues of green, yellow, and blue.


“I'm really glad that you're hear, Serenity.”


“Me too.” She offered Esme a half smile as Esme quietly left the room. She moved around the room quickly putting her things away. Her closet was rather large, but very empty even with the clothes she had placed inside. She put the suitcases in the back. She walked into the bathroom, which was very bright. It had a white tub/shower combination in the center, a small vanity table near the large bowl sink. A small glass table was next to the tube with several cloths on it. She closed the frosted glass door as she exited the bathroom. She sat on the bed and stared out the window. “Mother. Father. I hope you know what you're doing.”



~~~***~~~***~~~



“ Lenny!” She felt arms wrap around her waist and spin her around. She pounded on the arm holding her, her senses unable to register what was happening. Her water splashed in the air, but she couldn't focus on where it was falling until she felt small droplets on her legs. She could feel the glass being crushed in her hand. She gripped it tighter, so pieces didn't go flying across the room.


“Emmett, I think you're hurting her.” A soft female voice stated. She was placed on the ground.


“Thank you.” She quickly walked over to the


“She's not Lenny.”


“It's her daughter.” Esme held out her hand for the glass which had been compressed into a spiky ball. Serenity let go it of it, her attention shifting to the strange smells in the room. The one that stood out the most smelled flowery. She turned sharply to an auburn haired male and a girl with long chestnut brown hair. He stood defensively in front of her. Serenity just scratched her nose.


“She's like an exact replica. Cool.” The boy who had grabbed her was probably no older than herself. She stepped back, hoping her wasn't going to spin her again. “I'm Emmett.”


“You aren't going to spin me again, are you?”


“I thought it was Len, she would have gotten a kick out that.”


“My name is Serenity.”


“Serenity, these are my children.”


“They're all so big.”


“I know and I couldn't be prouder. This is Rosalie, Alice, Jasper, Edward and Bella.” Esme introduced the rest of the teenagers standing in the kitchen. Each gave a simple acknowledgement as their name was said.


“Is she like me?” Serenity asked, looking at Bella.


“I don't think any is like you.” Alice stated.


“So she's human, then?”


“Better question: why she's here?” Rosalie asked.


“Lenny and Eros have placed her in our care, while they are taking care of some business.”


“So how long is junior staying with us?” Emmett asked, cleaning up the spilled water on the floor.


“Doesn't matter.”


“There's something wrong.” Edward stated.


“My markings prevent you from getting a proper reading. It's like looking into a Russian forest, right?”


“Yes, but-”


“I like to change it up every once in a while.” She smiled.


“Come with me.” Rosalie turned to leave the room.


“Why?”


“You'll be presented as one of my relatives in two days, we have a lot of preparing to do.” Rosalie disappeared up the stairs.


“Should I be worried?”


“You've just become our newest sister. It's only natural she'll want to play dressup.” Alice grinned.


“Serenity.”


“I'll see you all at dinner.” She disappeared up the staircase.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



It's not really how I wanted it, but I figured the longer I worked on it, the less likely I would posted it and that's just dumb.