Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ One to Rule Them All ❯ Chapter 2 - Why We Do What We Do ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 2 - Why We Do What We Do!

Serena sits straight up in her bed and screams: Darien. Than she lays back down and appears just as she did before.

-in the waiting room-

Darien's chest started to tighten up. He knew something was wrong.. He suddenly got up from his seat and rand down the hall towards Serena's room, startling the other occupants of the room. The 14 other people in the room looked at each other for about a split second then got up and ran after Darien. They made it to Serena's room just as she screamed.

-in Serena's room-

Seiya turned to see everyone if the hall. The Sol Senshi were looking between Serena and Darien. While the Starlights were looking between him and Serena. Seiya got up from his chair and walked out of the room. Darien took the seat beside the bed and took her hand. He prayed she would wake up soon. The senshi left to leave the two in peace. They decided to go back to the waiting room. Kakyuu quietly left the group to go and find Seiya. She found him sitting on a bench in front of the hospital. He didn't hear her coming so he jumped when she put her arms around his waist. He hugged her to him and they cried on each other's shoulders. They cried for the one they loved.

Fifteen minutes later Seiya and Kakyuu made their way to the waiting room. Darien was still in Serena's room.

Seiya: You guys go home. You have school tomorrow and don't argue with me. Would Serena want you to miss school because of her?

They all shook their heads.

Seiya: That's what I thought. I'm going to send Darien home he looks like hell. I'm not going to leave her until she wakes up, no matter how long it takes.

Amara starts to protest but Trista puts her hand on her shoulder and shakes her head.

Amara: Why don't you guys stay with us. Our house is big enough and it's only a few blocks from here.

Michelle: That way we can all catch up on what has been going on for everyone.

Taiki: That's very considerate of you. Are you sure you don't mind us staying, or that you'll have enough room.

Hotaru: Of, course. We wouldn't offer if we didn't

Kakyuu: Where are my manners? Let me introduce you to the other Starlights while Seiya goes to talk to Darien. The first one dressed in gray is Toji.

Toji bows to everyone, but keeps his eyes on Raye. While she keeps her eyes on him and starts to blush.

Kakyuu: Next, the one dressed in indigo is Kiley. He's Taiki's twin brother.

Kiley bows to everyone, but seems to only have eyes for Lita. She blushes and keeps staring at him.

Kakyuu: Next, dressed in forest green is Kenji.

He bows to everyone, but blushes when he sees Hotaru is staring at him.

Kakyuu: Finally there is Yolchi who is wearing Burgundy.

Yolchi bows to everyone, but he eyes are locked onto Trista's.

Trista: We'll wait for Darien than all walk home.

Everyone: 'kay

-Serena's Room-

Seiya stopped just outside of the room and took a deep breathe before he walked inside and put his hand on Darien's shoulder. Darien looked up to see Seiya standing beside him and he could see the pain and love in Seiya's love over Serena. Seiya could tell that Darien hadn't left the hospital because his clothes were all crumpled and he looked haggard.

Seiya: Why don't you go home with the other's and get some rest. I don't plan on leaving her side until she wakes up. I'm never going to leave her again.

Darien: It's all my fault this happened. She was protecting me. Did you hear what I said? She's like this because I wasn't strong enough to protect her. She got hurt trying to protect me. Why Serena, why?

Seiya: She loves you, why else. Did she ever tell you what happened during the final battle with Galaxia?

Darien: No, she didn't like to talk about how everyone died. It really upset her. Why?

Seiya told Darien all about it. How the Inners gave their lives to protect ESM and the Starlights. How they asked the Starlights to protect ESM and the Earth in their place. How Uranus and Neptune joined Galaxia and stole Saturn and Pluto's starseeds. But, it was all a ploy to try and steal Galaxia's starseeds. She didn't have one. The Starlights tried to protect ESM while still trying to defeat Galaxia, but ESM ended up protecting them. And how if it wasn't for ChibiChibi, ESM would have lost her own starseeds. How it just took her caring for Galaxia for her to defeat her.

Darien was shocked, he had no idea that Serena had went through all of that. He was crying. He could see why Serena loved Seiya. You could see the love and compassion in his eyes. He could see how much Seiya loved Serena. Darien got up and started to leave. He turned to Seiya.

Darien: You know Serena still lives with her parents even though she owns her own place. I still have my apartment and will be moving into her house in a few weeks. All of her Senshi live there. She has rooms for all of us even you. She was hoping you would come back to Earth.

Seiya was shocked to say the least. He thought that by now they would have been married. His meatball head wanted him to come back to Earth, maybe he does have a chance.

-the waiting room-

Darien walks into the waiting room to find everyone off into little groups. Raye, Mina, Yaten, and Toji are seated together talking. Amara, Michelle, Trista, and Yolchi are talking. Hotaru, Lita, Kiley, and Kenji are talking. Ami, Taiki, and Princess Kakyuu are seated together talking. Darien goes towards the last group and sits down. Kakyuu introduces the four Starlights he hasn't met.

Darien: You can go on home. I'm going to go shower and change. I'm going to stay here. I'll stay in the waiting room.

Kakyuu: I'll stay with you.

They all get up to leave. All but Darien and Princess Kakyuu turn right. Darien and Kakyuu turn left to go towards his apartment. Darien and Kakyuu walked in silence to his apartment.

-the senshi and Starlights-

Trista: I should tell you a few things about the house before we get there. It's owned by Serena. She bought the land. It had a small house on it but she used the Silver Crystal to make it into the home you will see in a few. The first floor is the kitchen, living room, game room, home theater, dining room, training room and a few spare rooms to use as guest rooms. The second floor has eight bedrooms, but only four of the rooms are unlocked. Each bedroom has their own bathroom and walk-in closet. The third floor has eight bedrooms, and the fourth floor we have no idea what is on it.

Kenji: Why not?

Amara: Serena has it locked till she moves in. So we assume it's hers and Darien's rooms.

Yolchi: Oh, okay.

Michelle: We should also tell you about the strange coloring of the rooms. On the second floor each door is a different color. They are as follows:

blue with amethyst beside it

red with gray beside it

orange with yellow beside it

green with indigo beside it

the blue, red, orange, and green doors are the only bedroom doors unlocked. There are doors adjoining it to the room beside it but they are locked. On the bedroom door there is a name plate. the name plates are the color of the door beside it. The names of the Inners are on the open doors with their names in their planetary colors, which is the same as the door itself. The other four doors are the same just no names on the name plates yet.

The third floor is setup the same as the second execpt the colors are different.

black with a white door beside it

aqua with navy blue beside it

deep purple with forest green beside it

black with burgundy beside it

Four of the doors are locked, just like on the second floor. The doors from the adjoining rooms are also locked. My room is the aqua room while Amara's is the navy blue. The door between are rooms was unlocked when we entered are room so we can go between the two rooms.

Toji: I wonder when the other doors will unlock?

Trista: I'm not sure, but did you guys notice that the doors that are locked are the same colors as the Starlights? Do you think that means the rooms are theirs?

Hotaru: Maybe.

-at Darien's Apartment-

Darien: I'm going to go and take a shower, make yourself at home. I'll only be a few minutes.

Kakyuu nodded her head. She starts to look at the various pictures that Darien has around his living room. He has a picture of a little girl with pink hair that looks almost exactly like Serena. Even has the almost exact hair style the difference was the shape of the buns. There are pictures of Serena with the Inner Senshi, Outer Senshi, that little girl, by herself, with three cats, by herself; with Darien and finally one with Darien, that little girl, and the same three cats. The black cat is on Serena's shoulder. The white cat is on Darien's shoulder and the little gray kitten is on the little girl's head.

Kakyuu can see the love and happiness that Serena has in these pictures. Her shine is so bright, it's no wonder she was able to defeat Galaxia. Her innocence and purity are as bright as her love. Even unconscious her shine isn't dimmed. Kakyuu than made up her mind not to come between the man she loved and the girl who saved the galaxy.

Oh how it hurt her heart to know that she would never be with him. She had fallen in love with him the first time she met him. Oh sure, she could tell him but why put herself in for the heartache. She walks toward the balcony doors and looks out over the city. She starts to cry for the love she will never have.

Darien walks into the living to find a weeping Kakyuu looking out his balcony doors. He walks to her and puts his arm around her.

Darien: "Why are you crying? Are you worried about Serena?"

She nods her head yes than no. He just looks at he confused.

Kakyuu: I'm worried about her, but I'm also in love with someone that is in love with her.

Darien stiffened slightly . His thoughts come to the conclusion that she is in love with Seiya. Never once thinking she could be in love with him.

Darien: Go ahead and cry, it'll make you feel better.

She turns in his embrace and wraps her arms around his waist. They stand there weeping in each others arms. The cry for a love they don't think they'll ever have never once realizing that they love each other.

After a few minute they calm down.

Darien: Why don't you go take a shower. The towels are under the sink and you can find something to wear in the top drawer of my dresser. Before you ask the clothes aren't Serena's or any other woman's for that matter. They are brand new and have never been worn. I'll fix us something to eat while you shower.

Kakyuu nods her head and walks into the bedroom leaving Darien alone in the kitchen.

-Back to the Sol Senshi and Starlights-

Lita: Wait, till you see the rooms. Each room has white walls and the carpet is our planetary color. The only other color in the room is the color of the door beside our room.

Ami: I think that means that when someone gets the room beside our than the doors between will also open up and we can go between the two rooms.

Amara: We're here.

They heard the Starlights gasp when they saw the house. It looked more like a palace.

Yaten: You live here?

Mina: Yep!

Taiki: Serena owns this place and made it into this with the crystal.

The senshi nodded and went inside. They went to the second floor and on each door a name appeared and the door unlocked.

(I'm going to state whose rooms are beside each other)

second floor:

Taiki's room is beside Amy

Toji's room is beside Raye

Yaten's room is beside Mina

Kiley's room is beside Lita

third floor:

Yolchi's room is beside Trista

Kenji's room is beside Hotaru

They went into Taiki's room to see if the door between the rooms was unlocked and before they could get ten feet near it the door clicked and opened up than disappeared.

Kenji: i wonder how she knew our names when she's never met us. Why did we have rooms already setup for us?

Hotaru: I think I maybe able to explain that a little. You see the princess has a little of each of our abilities. So she may have been able to see into the future and know that you would be coming here and who you would be most compatible with. She won' t come into her full powers until she becomes queen.

Everyone but Trista: Oh!

Kenji: "Why didn't the black and white doors beside Amara and Michelle's room unlock? Whose rooms are they?"

Amara: "We're not sure, but we think they maybe Luna and Artemis's rooms?"

Yaten: "Ahh, where is Luna?"

Michelle: "She and Artemis are staying with Serena till she moves in with us."

Trista: Why don't we all get ready for dinner than we can talk about why you are back and what's been going on here."

Everyone shacks their heads and goes into their rooms to change. Taiki got out his communicator and contacted all but of the Starlights but Seiya and Kakyuu. He told them he thought it would be best not to tell the others about Seiya and Kakyuu. The others agreed. They meet in the dining room fifteen minutes later. They entered the dining room to see their favorite foods already on the table. and waiting for them. The table was a huge round table that would seat 22 people, very comfortably. There were eight empty spots at the table, so everyone just assumed it the seats were for: Serena, Darien, Princess Kakyuu, Seiya, Luna, and Artemis.

Yolchi: "Is the same reason there are clothes in my closet in my favorite color because Serena knew about us?"

The Sol Senshi nodded their heads.

Hotaru: That's why are favorites foods or whatever we want to eat are here waiting for us. Serena made it so whatever foods we wanted would appear and we will still have to buy clothes but she put a spell on all of our clothes so we don't have to wash or mend them.

Amara: Do you want to tell us why you guys are back?

Taiki: Of, course.

Kenji: We came to Earth to ask the Prince of Earth if we could stay. They (meaning the Threelights) (pointing to Yaten and Taiki) missed Earth and singing.

Toji: Are queen also told us we needed to come and help protect the princess who saved the galaxy.

Kiley: We are to find the Senshi of the Cosmos. She is the only one who can defeat this enemy.

Taiki went on to explain how the queen had a dream about a white haired woman.

Yaten: So tell us what you know about the new enemy.

Michelle: Well the night Serena got hurt was the first time we have had an attack since Galaxia was defeated.

Hotaru: I keep having a recurring dream of a woman with white hair battling a man with white hair and blue eyes.

Amara: What why didn't you tell us, Hotaru?

Hotaru: I didn't know if it was a premonition or just a nightmare. I just started having them a little over a week ago. The same night.......................

She trailed off when she realized she started having the dream the same night Serena was injured.

Kenji: your princess got injured. I've been having the same dream.

Everyone: WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yolchi: Do you guys know anything about Sailor Cosmos?

Trista: I know of the legend. There is one Sailor who will be queen to rule over everything and everyone. She is the kindest and gentlest person you could ever hope to meet. When she takes her throne all evil will be stopped and the cosmos will be finally be at peace. She will have such enormous power she can kill with a thought and create life with a thought. She will be immortal as will her court. Anyone she wants to can also become immortal. She will be born of royalty and have a shape familiar to one and all on her forehead. you will not expect it to be her to be the one, but it will make sense, when you find out who she is. She will be born of a Queen whose beauty and kindness knew no compare. Her father was the king and creator of all. Father Cosmos himself. Unlike us whom were made of the ground in his likeness. She is the only being to be born of his seed. She will be of face like her mother but colored like her father, that is the reason she is immortal. He gave up his immortality to his daughter so she could rule.

His mother is Life and his father is Death. No one is really sure what happened to him after his daughter was born. All that is known is that he made sure that all who will have the most power to rule will be female. His daughter will have all of her memories and her parents memories to know what truly is. There will still be problems after she takes her thrown but no great evil shall arise. For when she takes her throne, it is said a great power shall come out of her to destroy evil for good.

Everyone: Oh!

Toji: When will we know her when we see her?

Trista: You will just know. Her power hasn't been awoken yet. It will take the power and will of 19 to awaken the power in her.

Michelle: Let's all go to bed. We need to rest before school tomorrow. We still need to register the Starlights. What are you guys going to do go back into singing?

Taiki: Yes we are going to form a new band called Shooting Stars. It's going to be all of us (pointing to the other Starlights). We'll have to go and talk to our old manager after Serena gets out of the hospital.

Everyone says goodnight and goes to their separate rooms. What each couple doesn't know is that each couple has already decided to stay awake tonight and get to know or get reacquainted with the other (except Amara and Michelle, they are going to talk about Serena and the new enemy).

-back at Darien's apartment-

Princess Kakyuu comes out of the bathroom with a red jean skirt on that falls just below her knees. She has on red strappy sandals and a pink peasant shirt with red and white hearts all over it. Darien just stares at how beautiful she looks.

Kakyuu: Where did you get these clothes?

Darien just shrugs his shoulders and ask: Are you ready to eat. I'll tell you what little we know about the enemy, and you can tell me why you guys are back.

Kakyuu: alright.

They sit and eat and talk ( they say the same things as the others, except what Trista says)

Darien: Are you ready to go?

Kakyuu: Yes!

Darien opens the door for her and locks the door before they leave. They walk to the hospital in silence.

-somewhere undisclosed-

???? - Why did you do that? I told you to bring her to me!

?? - I'm sorry if those fools scouts hadn't gotten there when they did i could have taken her.

??? - Let me get her you know you can trust me sire.

?? - no I won't fail next time.

???? - You better not or there won't be a next time. I expect you to bring her to me as soon as possible. Now both of you leave me.

???? turn to look in a mirror and sees the wounded Serena.

???? - "Soon I will get you back for what you did to me!" Then he starts to laugh.

- Serena's room -

Seiya: Oh, Serena if only you returned my feelings for you. Do you know how much I love you.

Seiya grabs her hand and place it onto his cheek. He starts to cry when all of a sudden a brilliant silver glow fills the room. Seiya grabs his and Serena communicators and press the call all buttons on them.

Seiya: You guys come quick something is going on in Serena's room there is a silver glow in the room. Get here as soon as you can I will hold off whoever is for as long as I can.

*~*

*~*

*~*

*~*

*~*

I'm going to make the next chapters a little different. Chapter three is going to be about the Inners and Starlights. Chapter four is going to be about the Outers and Starlights. Chapter five is going to be about Darien and Kakyuu. Chapter six will sort of pick up where this left off. Thanks for reading. Read and review. Who do you think this new enemy is. Ja