Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Watch me Shine ❯ Chapter 12

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Here is my latest offering, and once again I pray it's not as bad as I think it is! Terribly sorry about the delay and all that. Standard disclaimers, good review and ratings. No flames. If anyone sent an email to old address serenitas@sailormoonr.com and I didn't respond, I'm sorry but that email is no longer working, so if you could send it to my new one of serenitai@sailormoon.com or serenitas@usagiandmamoru.com I'd appreciate it. If Moon Angel reads this, I'd be thrilled for you to use my poem Struggle in your story, and am honoured. Part of the delay in getting this chapter out is I was on involuntary strike until Amethyst Serenity updated Farewell, which she has done and therefore sent me a death threat via email! Ok, enough rambling and on with the story!






Usagi reappeared in her living room and noticed only Minako was there, dozing in a chair by the lamp as the sun began to rise in the sky. She cleared her throat slighty and Minako leapt to her feet. "Usagi!" she exclaimed seeing her standing there. With a wail of relief she flung herself into Usagi's arms and began to cry. "I thought you would die!"



"Thanks so much for that vote of confidence." Usagi said dryly as she disentangled herself from Minako's grip. She looked around her apartment. "Where is Haruka and Michiru?"



"You have to stop them Usagi! Setsuna and Hotaru showed up and all they said was that they were going horse hunting. I have no idea what they meant by that but it can't be good! Haruka just got this evil grin on her face and pulled her space sword saying she'd shove it where it wouldn't heal and Michiru laughed in a tone I have never heard. Quickly, you must stop them! I think they are going for Chibi Usa as well. Come on!" Minako bounded for the door, ignoring Usagi's sigh.



"Minako stop." Usagi said in a quiet yet commanding voice that froze Minako to the spot. "Do you have any idea what I have just been through? I have been through a Trial, I have faced parts of myself I didn't even know existed and I have no time to go hunting my senshi to stop them from giving Helios and Chibi Usa a sound thrashing that quite frankly they deserve. Do I feel remorse? Not a bit. Do I feel pity? Not a shred. They are going to strip everything that I am from me and force me to do things I don't want and I have no intention of letting them. Haruka and the others are going to make my life a little easier so just sit down and relax."



Minako's eyes welled up with tears again as she stared at her best friend. "Usagi I don't understand this, I don't understand you. How can you let this happen? How can you be so cold? She is your CHILD!"



"No, she isn't. She is not my child, she is the child born of me in another time and place. She doesn't belong to me." Usagi replied.



Minako struggled to understand, fought to keep herself on an equal balance with Usagi and failed. She wanted things to go back to the way they were, running late to school, failing tests together, going to the arcade and flirting, shopping and giggling over silly secrets, being yelled at by Rei and then forgiven an instant later. She had no concept of this kind of life, of work and bills and Trials and responsibility. She couldn't handle it, her teen years were for joy, for play, for fun. Usagi had left her and begun her final transformation into a Queen. Minako had always known that she would be Queen but had never given any thought to how Usagi would have to change to become Queen of All. Now she knew. To be a Queen she had to leave her past behind her and Minako was part of her past. "I don't understand any of this." Minako said in a harsh whisper. "I just know that you are cold now. You once were so full of life and love and now there is nothing inside you but cold hatred. She is just a little girl Usagi who doesn't know any better. Rei is not power hungry and does not seek your downfall, this is just a disagreement that can be fixed easily with an apology from you. She is sorry she threw you out of the senshi..."



"Did she seem sorry when she whipped you? When she told you of her plans for my downfall?" Usagi arched an eyebrow. "When she openly acknowledged Chibi Usa as her leader? No Minako, make no excuses for what has been done, and if you persist then perhaps I will rethink my stance on accepting you back into the fold." Usagi crossed her arms in front of her. "Now I am tired and want to rest and mourn for what I lost tonight. You are welcome to stay in the spare bedroom or go back to Rei. Either choice matters little to me. I am beyond caring now." Leaving Minako slack jawed and staring at her in astonishment, Usagi turned and walked into her bedroom and quietly shut the door. Laying on her bed she curled herself into a tiny ball and let the tears fall at last. "I can't be that horrid, I just can't!" was the only coherent thing she whispered for a long time after.









Rei came to slowly aware of another body next to hers, aware of big hands running themselves reverently over her body. "Mamo-chan." she murmured. "You're amazing."



Mamoru said nothing, just continued his quiet worship of her body, needing no words for Rei to see the desire that burned in his eyes, desire for her. He lowered his lips to hers as his hands caressed her flesh and Rei purred in agreement. He moved his lips to her neck and Rei arched her head back to give him better access. His lips moved to her breasts and Rei thought she would go mad both at the thought and at the sight of him finally treating her the way she deserved. To hell with Usagi, to hell with loyalty, for this feeling she would sell her soul. "You finally realize that it is me you crave right?" she gasped out.



Mamoru lifted his head from his pleasurable task and looked deeply into her eyes. "I have craved you since I first laid eyes on you, want for you burning inside me like a fire underneath my skin. I think you are the most gorgeous and incredible thing that I have ever seen and these past years have been hell, having you so close but never being able to touch you."



Rei saw the truth of his words, heard them in his passioned yet husky voice. Grabbing his hair in both hands she pulled his head up to hers and kissed him deeply. "Take me now." she commanded. "I cannot wait any longer for you."



Mamoru didn't hesitate, swiftly sheathing himself inside her and beginning an impassioned pace with Rei that left her screaming for more. She was coming closer to her pinnacle, closer to ecstasy...."Yuuichirou!" she cried out as she came to pieces around him and swiftly fell asleep.



Yuuichirou let the glamour that Mamoru had placed upon him fade at last. In the heat of passion she had cried his name, his name and not Mamoru's. She did love him. Lowering his head, he wiped at the tears and quickly pulled away from her, leaving her sprawled across the cushions like a pagan goddess of old. "If I never have another moment with you, then at least I had this night." he whispered as he kissed her forehead and left. He sent a thanks to Mamoru and left Rei, possibly with his child inside.











Ami blinked as she shook her head trying to clear it. "Ames, what's wrong?" Makoto asked, concerned.



Ami shook her head then sighed. "Have you ever felt like there was something you really should be remembering but can't?"



"Ever since this whole mess began? Constantly." Makoto answered rolling onto her back and staring up at the stars. "We never really look at the stars do we?"



"Mako-chan," Ami began softly. "I have made my choice and final decision on who I am going to back and openly support."



Makoto turned her head almost lazily to face Ami. "You are going to Usagi of course."



"How did you know that?" Ami breathed.



"I could see it in your eyes Ami. Usagi was your first friend. She gave you some of the greatest gifts you have ever received and I knew you couldn't abandon her."



"And you Mako-chan?"



"I cannot make myself trust her Ami and that is the crux of the situation. I have been wounded in battle too many times to trust her, Rei is power hungry, Rei is insane, but Rei and Chibi Usa are far better leaders. I don't worry about sudden, instant and immediate death when I follow them, and sadly no force on earth could bring me to trust Usagi as a leader." she paused. "What changed your mind?"




Ami shook her head. "I'm not certain...it's just a feeling that I have and I know it's right."



"I shall miss you my friend." Makoto said simply. "Go now, while Rei is occupied this night."



Ami hesitated. "I can't just leave you here Makoto."



"You can and you will. As of now you are a traitor to the Senshi ways and I will see you punished for it. As a remnant of loyalty to you, I give you a head start." Makoto replied.



Ami hugged her friend and whispered in her ear. "You talk a good story Makoto, pity I didn't believe a word of it. Be careful, for double agents can be killed just as easily as those who turned outright."



Makoto looked taken aback for a moment then smiled. "Go on Ami. Get out of here."










Haruka cracked her knuckles. "Time to kick some ass." she said with an almost demonic grin on her face. "We're gonna beat up horse-boy, we're gonna beat up horse-boy!" she sang.



Hotaru looked at Michiru who was looking more than a little frightened at Haruka. "'Ruka, I haven't seen you this eager to hurt someone since Seiya was here."



Haruka blinked her blue eyes at Michiru in an innocent way. "Do I seem more than a little angry? Terribly sorry about all this, but I'm going to take a pound of flesh out of Horn-head's hide before turning to the Pink Plague and having a go at her."



"After me you come first." Setsuna said quietly. "I want to have my fair turn at them to. This Orb isn't just for unlocking Time Gates anymore, but it also makes a good beating stick."



Hotaru's hands curled around her Glaive. "Chibi Usa will pay and Helios can go to hell for all I care."



"If you go down to the woods today, you're in for a big surprise...." Haruka sang, almost giddy at being able to avenge her Princess at last. If it were anyone other than the Outers she would be composed and calm and surly, but since these were her closest friends, she could show what she was really feeling.



They saw Chibi Usa and Helios rolling over each other in a sick parody of love. "Kinda look like two cats in a sack don't they?" Haruka commented idly.



"More like a set of humping hippos." Hotaru said as she turned her head, fighting nausea. "That's sick."



Setsuna rested a hand on her shoulder. "Let's go."



The quartet moved forward to the couple on the bed who were unaware that they were there. Haruka's smile was terrifying, matched by the flames that danced in Michiru's eyes.








Usagi was aware she was not alone. She opened her eyes to see red eyes staring back at her. "Kakyuu?" she yawned.



Kakyuu nodded and smiled. "I am the guide for your second Trial."



"Tonight? But I..."



"Time waits for no woman Usagi, you least of all." Kakyuu replied. "Get up, come on, we have things to do."



Usagi stumbled out her bed and followed Kakyuu through the shining silver door that had appeared in her room, and waited once again. Kakyuu returned to her and gestured to a set of three rings behind her. "This Trial is for what is. You have a limited amount of time to suceed and get to one of the other rings to save yourself. Failure means death." she held out a jar that had a misty substance inside it that writhed and fought to get out. "This jar holds your soul, if ever it is broken, so goes your soul. The way back will come but once, beware."



"I've got alot to lose, but I have to stand and choose." Usagi whispered. She stepped towards the ring on the left and as she passed through it, a cold sensation swept through her and then she knew nothing more.







And that ends Chapter 12! As I said no flames please, good reviews and ratings and I do hope that this wasn't too terrible and horrible! Remember I am accepting fanfic submissions on my websites, any and all things are accepted so please submit, not just SM, but any fanfics like Harry Potter or Ranma or whatever. So please submit and check out my websites at http://adundra.tripod.com/Adundra and http://serenitai.tripod.com/serenitaisanimekingdomandotherstuffpage/
Ja!