Sakura Wars Fan Fiction ❯ Outcast: Chronicles of a lost writer ❯ A bad day out ( Chapter 9 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Hi this is Benji Himura. I am now starting a new fanfic. Is a Sakura Taisen story. I don't own Sakura or any of the characters. Some anime or manga characters might show up in the story I also don't own then. I own Benji Himura and others characters that will show up in the story. It might be violence and sex in the story so if you are underage of seventeen are warned the content might be too improper to your age. Read by your own will and risk. In anyway enjoy the story.
Signed: Benji Himura.
 
“Text”= Talked or thought sentences.
(Text)= Talked sentences in a foreign language. As English when everyone else speaks Japanese.
 
 
Chapter nine: A bad day out.
 
 
Teito December second 1922
 
 
Iris is walking by the theater halls with Jean-Paul on her arms. She meets Ayame and the older woman takes Iris to the library where they study. Kanna and Sakura leave the theater to search for Benji. Not willing but ordered Ogami, Maria, Kohran and Sumire also search for the missing ninja. Benji continues on the geisha house having some warm sake.
“Now where he can be?” Kanna asks to herself. “I don't know Kanna-san. I don't know Benji-san that well.” Sakura answers in a sad tone. “Hey Sakura I wasn't asking for you. I was just thinking on loud.” Kanna says trying to cheer the brunet.
“But I don't understand why he would leave the theater like this.” Sakura muses. “If you were mistaken by a rapist, forced to threat to kill someone and hold back your anger how you would feel?” Kanna asks.
“Bad.” Sakura says sadly “I think that Benji wants to stay alone for a while. But we can't just let him walk around the city since he doesn't know how to walk around.” Kanna says to the brunet swordswoman. Sakura can't help feeling bad about the sudden turn of the relations with her team members. Especially how bad they turned after the sudden joining of the Brazilian ninja. Not that is his fault. But before him everything was just much easier. It is also truth that before the ninja arrival Iris was much closed. And that they were still on the very early stages of reaching out for the little girl. Something that the ninja not even tried but was by far more succeeded than any of them. Just recalling the small event between them in the morning when he returned with Ayame. Iris got scared and reached for Benji who stood there and gave to the little French girl some security by only holding her hand.
What Sakura doesn't know is that is something really natural for a young child to do. And Benji only responded to Iris request out of instinct. That resumes the relation between Benji and Iris. A bunch of well connected acts of instinct. That before Benji began to talk with them after the training. Then he began to talk with Iris and tell her stories. Something that makes the little girl literally glows with delight. Especially since he never seems to be reading from the book that he were supposed to be reading, since once Iris even scolded him for holding the book upside down. But after noticing that the tales are not from the books because the book was actually a how to operate the koubu manual Iris just let it go, realizing that he was only holding the book open to give a image that he is reading it when not.
“Why those two are like that?” Sakura asks after sighing. “Why who are like that, Sakura?” Kanna asks looking at the brunet. “I was thinking of Iris-chan and Benji-san.” Sakura explains to the red head. “I don't understand why they act like they act.”
Kanna muses for a while over the topic. “I don't know Sakura. I guess that they just do.” Kanna says not getting anywhere closer of the answer than before.
“Hey what you two are doing out? I thought that it wasn't your free day.” Kanna and Sakura turn to the male voice. A not unfamiliar but also not fully unfamiliar male voice. “Benji?!” the duo asks confused seeing the ninja just appear out from the thin air in front of them. “Well last time that I checked I was me.” Benji says half teasing. “Now why you two are out?” he adds more serious.
“We came searching for you. You don't know around and you could get lost.” Kanna answers. “Thank you for the thought.” Benji says lightly embarrassed. “But I am fine. You forgot that I drove my way to reach you guys yesterday?” Benji replies. “Now that you mentioned we did.” Sakura spurts. “Well I was going back to the theater now. I got calmer and I also got this nikumans that are really great.” Benji says showing to them a paper bag full of breads on his arms. And a half eaten one on his right hand. “Want some?” he offers. “Sure thing!” Kanna says grabbing one herself. Sakura excuses herself and pick one too. They walk to the theater chatting. Sakura is happy to even that late she is trying to spend time with Benji and she is founding that is not as hard or troubled as she thought that would be.
 
 
Later in that night
 
 
It is past from two in the morning. Everything in the theater is stillness. Taking out a tall figure that leaves a door and wanders around the dark halls holding a large parcel.
 
 
Teito December third 1922
 
 
The hanagumi girls are in the bathroom. “This water is cold!” Sumire shouts to the others very angry because the water. As the others she is only wrapped in a towel. “You tried to turn on the water?” Kanna says turning on the water. After a couple of minutes nothing happens and the girls dress up and moves to the boiler room. Ogami tags along to help. In the dark room the hanagumi feels bad about the intense heat on the room.
“It is burning down here.” Sumire states the obvious with displeasure. “And what the hell is that?” she adds the last part moving to a large pile of black cloth near of the active boiler. “I guess if we only turn that leaver the hot water will move to the tub.” Ogami says moving the leaver.
“What was that?!” Sumire asks jumping scared from a low groan. “Maybe there is a stray dog here or something.” Kanna says moving closer. She let out a shriek when the cloth pile moves. Sumire shrieks and faints when something black leave the pile and holds on her arm. The others back away surprised. The cloth falls to a side and shows Benji in his full combat clothes even the mask sited there. Sumire fainted on her feet.
“It is only Benji.” Sakura says hugging Kanna in a bear hug. “I know. So can you let me breathe now Sakura?” Kanna asks trying to open Sakura arms from her waist. Sakura let go blushing. Benji yawns largely under the mask. After Sumire recovers and Benji is more wake the questions begin as soon they reach the dinning hall.
“What you was doing there?!” Sumire asks to him. Benji combs his messy and tangled hair with his right hand fingers. “Sleeping.” Benji replies before yawning again. “How he could be sleeping all dressed like that covered and masked on that intense heat?” Kohran whispers her question to Maria.
“What happened?” Ayame asks walking inside and seeing the state of Benji. After a quick explanation Ayame nods understanding. “Well Benji is not used to the cold nights around here. And we used to share a room so he is used to warmer rooms. So he moved to the warmer place where he could found to sleep.” Ayame says understanding his reasons. “And he slept wearing all that?!” Kanna asks not sure of buying that excuse. “I was feeling cold.” Benji says pulling down the mask and opening the vest and the outer layers of his armors and clothes. Kanna stares in shock after all that is a lot of fabric.
“I think that you are forgetting that Benji is a man from the tropics. He is not used to the cold of the Japanese winter.” Ayame says to them. “But that is not reason to be sleeping like that.” Ogami says also shocked with the fact that Benji was sleeping fully dressed in the extremely hot boiler room.
“Go change Benji.” Ayame orders the Brazilian who nods and gets up scratching the back of his neck while moving away. “Wait a second. If he never got used to a cold like this, how he is not all excited over snow?” Sumire asks to Ayame. Ayame chuckles “Good question. In Iga he saw the snow by the first time. It was by far an amusing experience.” She says recalling.
 
 
One month earlier in Iga. (After the first snow.)
 
 
“SNOW! SNOW! SNOW! SNOW! SNOW!” Benji cries excited running all over the white garden of the Sanada ninja mansion. “Benji you look like a kid.” Ayame says trying to sound annoyed but her voice betray that she is holding back laughers. “SNOW! SNOW!” Benji continue ignoring her comments. “He is just a overgrow kid.” Ayame mutters. She busts in laugh when Benji loss his balance when stepping over a snow covered tree roots and fall on his back. A huge pile of snow falls from a branch and hits Benji in the chest. Ayame laughs even harder at the scene. “Hahahahaha! This is so funny Benji-kun…….” Her sentence is cutted by a snow ball hitting her in the face. She coughs and looks and sees Benji with a new snow ball on his hands.
“Don't you dare tossing that Benji…” again Benji cut her with the snow. “DIE!” Ayame shouts grabbing a hand full of snow and chasing Benji around tossing crude snow balls at him. Who dodge them and toss balls back at her. A half hour later Ayame is soaked in the middle of a large pile of snow that Benji tossed on her by shaking a tree over her head. “I hate you.” She mutters trying to clean herself a bit. Just to receive a new snow ball on the top of her head. Benji is hanging upside down on a tree branch with his arms wide open and with a large childish smile on his face. Ayame tosses some snow up on him and then moves to the castle to take a hot bath and change from her cold and wet clothes.
 
 
Present time
 
 
“It was amusing indeed.” Ayame whispers to herself. “It had been years since I played like that. I felt so young and had so much fun.”
“I guess that I should register his snow ball accuracy as a deadly weapon.” Ayame adds absent minded.
 
 
End of the chapter nine:
 
Author notes:
Please read and review. I will answer every review. Good or bad. If you have time to read and send a review. I will send you an answer. And I would like to thank to SilverBlue Dragon, HaruNatsu and to Greyhound Master for the reviews. I am making two versions of this story. One with out explicit sex scenes and one with then. As well with sexual related omakes. The unedited version can be found in MediaMiner fanfiction page. The link is on my profile
 
 
Japanese glossary
 
Nikuman: A type of Japanese bread filled with meat and vegetables. Really good. If you can try some go ahead. You won't regret it.