Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ What's a chimera to do? ❯ Chapter 3

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 3:

Zelgadis debated sharing anything personal with Xellos. But what he would say was already common knowledge for the most part. {{What the hell…}}

Zelgadis described how it was for him to live with the curse, and the details on how his appearance had put so much strain on maintaining or even beginning relationships.

Xellos listened to everything he said without speaking a word.

{{I've never seen this side of him before, Zel thought. It's so easy to talk to him. Usually he's just smiling inanely all the time, and stirring up trouble. This has to be the first time I've seen him act serious. I guess there is a lot more to him then he lets on.}}

When Zelgaddis finished, Xellos took a few moments to gather his thoughts.

"Ok," he said. "So basically, you do not have feelings for Amelia of that sort. You were only considering a relationship with her because: a) you felt bad for her b) you felt bad for yourself c) you want a lover, but you've never had one d)for some reason you think that she's the only one that will ever find you attractive. Am I right?" Xellos asked with a triumphant smile.

Zelgaddis was dumbstruck. Xellos had deftly arranged the whole mess, as well as his life into a neat little bundle. He wasn't quite sure how to take it.

"So what do you think?" Zelgaddis ventured to ask.

"I think your actions aren't saying much for your intelligence," Xellos said matter-of-factly.

Xellos opened his eyes to look at Zelgaddis. "It's not your duty to protect her from pain or heartache. You're confused about her because she's the first person you've been close to as a chimera. She announced strong feelings for you, and a willingness to be with you as you are, which is something you wanted from anyone." Zelgaddis was amazed as he listened to Xellos untangle his dilemma.

"As for the last part," Xellos stated as he looked Zelgaddis in the eyes, "Amelia is not the only person that will ever find you attractive."

"But how can you know for sure-" Zelgadis was cut off in mid sentence as Xellos leaned forward and kissed him.

Zel felt several emotions hit him at once. {{shock/need/fear}} He felt Xellos's silky purple hair brush lightly against his cheeks.

"Because I find you extremely attractive, Zel-kun." Xellos whispered as he pulled back slightly.