Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Blackout's Return ❯ sonic returns, and a new couple is formed ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sonic's Return
 
 
“Wait, you found Sonic? Then where is he?” Amy asked
 
“I'm right here, Amy.” The blue hedgehog said
 
Everyone stared at Sonic, unable to believe that he was alive. Then, suddenly, they all piled on top of him welcoming him back. Blackout just walked away, and went to his house. He sat down on the couch and turned on his mp3 and listened to the song “Stairway to Heaven” by Led Zeppelin, but got tired of it and changed it to “Know Your Enemy” by Green Day.soon, there was a knock on his door, and he answered it. But who he saw was unexpected. Wave the Swallow was standing outside of is house.
 
“Wave? Who told you where I live?”
 
“I'm trying to get away from Jet, he's really mad at me for almost leaving him on Eggman's ship.”
 
“There's more than just that behind this isn't there?”
 
Wave nodded, and she said, “ But I don't want to talk about it.”
 
“Oh, okay, I can understand that.”
 
Blackout let her in, and she sat on the couch. She had her board with her, and began to work on it. There was another knock on the door, and Blackout said, “Well, aren't I popular today?”
 
Shockwave was there, and he laughed when he saw Blackout. “So, Shadow wasn't lying after all.”
 
Blackout let Shockwave in, and they started to talk about what had happened during the seven months that Blackout had been away, until Wave started having problems with her board. Shockwave walked over to her and said, “So, need help?”
 
“No… this would probably be to complicated for you anyway.”
 
“No, it isn't. I already see a problem.”
 
“What? How?”
 
Shockwave pointed at a red wire. “is that connected to the main circuit?”
 
“Yeah, why?”
 
“That's the problem then, it isn't connected to the right spot. It should be connected to another place, but right now, the wire is in the wrong place, and the main circuit is open.”
 
Wave realised that he was right, and looked at him, “How did you figure that out so fast?”
 
“I've had a lot of experience with machines. Well, besides the fact that I can control them and make them something completely different with my mind and build new ones out of broken parts.”
 
“You can?”
 
“Yeah, one of my powers.”
 
“What's your name?”
 
“Shockwave”
 
“Okay, well, thanks, Shock.”
 
“Shock?”
 
“Yeah, she rarley calls anyone by their real name, except when she can't think of a nickname for them.” Blackout called from the next room.
 
“Okay, I'm fine with that. Actually, Sonia calls me Electro all the time.”
 
“Why?”
 
“I can control electricity.”
 
Wave looked at the pale blue hedgehog, and thought that he was pretty cute. She just wished that she had the courage to tell him. Later, at Sonic's house, Wave was attending a celebration of Sonic's return, but she was secretly watching Shockwave the whole time. Then Tails saw her, “Oh, great, Wave is here.”
 
Wave looked at him, then back at Shockwave. `weird, she didn't call me Shorty like usual.' He thought.
 
People kept saying that they were sorry about what they had said seven months ago, until Blackout said, “Guys, honestly, I don't really care, you've already said it, and you can't take it back.”
 
Sonia punched Blackout in the face, “What the hell? Can't you see that they're sorry?”
 
“Yeah, I can, but I don't care.”
 
Sonia was ready to punch Blackout again, but Shockwave stopped her. “Sonia, don't do it.”
 
“Why not?”
 
“Because Blackout is one of our friends.”
 
“So you're on his side?”
 
“Yeah, I mean, he's one of my best friends.”
 
“Then we're through.”
 
Shockwave hung his head,walked over to the couch, and sat down. He cried silently to himself. Sonia saw this, and felt really bad. Shockwave had been shot, burned, stabbed, tortured, and poisoned, but never even flinched, or said “ow”, let alone, cry. If he was crying now, this had to be really tough for him to deal with. She walked over to him, and said, “ Oh, god, I'm so sorry, I-I-I didn't mean to make you feel that bad, Electro.”
 
“Don't call me that anymore, you have no right to call me that, seeing as now we're only friends because we're on a team together.”
Sonia grabbed Shockwave's hand, and said, “Please, I'm so sorry, I regret saying that to you.”
 
“No.” Shockwave said, electrocuting Sonia, “and don't ever talk to me again unless you absolutly need to.” He stopped electrocuting her, and she fell to the ground, shaking.
 
Wave was shocked at what had just happened, but was also glad that Shock was single again.she sat down next to him, “Hey, Shock, you okay?”
 
“Yeah, I'm fine.” Shock looked at her eyes, and saw that she really did care, but on a much more personal level.
 
“Shock…”
 
“Yeah?”
 
“I- I think I love you.” She whispered
 
Shockwave looked at her and realised that he liked her more than he thought.
 
“and I think I love you too.” He whispered back, as they hugged each other.
 
To be continued, in Blackout's trouble with love.