Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Marked ❯ Marked- Part 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
ON MANIC

Manic: (looks at partner) Partner?

Bunnie: (looks at manic) Yeah. Partner.

Manic: Since when?

Bunnie: Well let's see. You were 2 out of 3 drug hits at the time and did one more back in february before they assigned you up to me. That's when.

Manic: (nods) So, how're we gonna find this guy?

Bunnie: (paused) We follow the trail.

CUT TO:

KNOTHOLE VILLAGE

(2 and a half hours later)

Bunnie's car was being parked as they soon got out.

INSIDE HOUSE

The blood was still there as bunnie was searching for substances to solve this case. Manic looked at the place and couldn't believe it.

Manic: Jesus. You think anybody would start a grisly murder in here.

Bunnie: (shakes head) It was no grisly murder. It was 3rd degree.

Bunnie kept walking when she soon stepped on something before picking it up.

Bunnie: Manic, come he-uh.

Manic: (approaches her) What you got?

Bunnie: A stray bullet. Looks sniper to me and it has some blood on it.

Manic: I don't know but it almost look handgun. I thought the police cleaned out every evidence in this house.

Bunnie: (sighs, puts evidence in bag) Not all of it. Let's go.

Manic: Where are we going now?

Bunnie: To a DNA sniffer. Nack Weasel. He'll know what to do with it. (walks off)

Manic: (follows) He will?

Bunnie: Damn right.

CUT TO:

NACK'S WORKHOUSE

Nack was working in a store which carries a lot of guns. AK-47 assault rifles, Uzi 9mm with laser sight, Plasma rifles, handguns, the works.

ON NACK

Nack was looking at a playboy magazine drooling all over it.

Nack: Boy, would I like a piece of that.

Bunnie: (in front of him) You would, would you?

Nack: (startled, puts magazine down) Shit! What the hell is wrong with you? Sneaking up on me like that, girl. (sees manic) Who's this?

Bunnie: Mah partner. He needs guns.

Nack: (spreads out arms) Look around. You'll see anything you like.

Manic: I like handguns along with snipers and ammunitions.

Nack: (to bunnie) And you?

Bunnie: Uzi 9mm with laser sight and handguns with 20 to 30 rounds a mag. Plus a plasma rifle and a mini-gun.

Nack: (paused) Is that all?

Bunnie: (leans on desk) Well, no. (takes out bag with bullet inside) Ah like you to examine this. It has blood on it which also carries a DNA. (place it on desk)

Nack: (looks at bunnie) C'mon. What am I, a goddamn machine? You got doctor's for that.

Bunnie: (aims handgun at nack's forehead) And ah got you for that. You got ten seconds to check the DNA on that bullet otherwise, a bloodshed will happen. Now what's it gonna be, sugah?

Nack didn't say a word as he took the bullet and examines it knowing how insanely serious bunnie can get when she's angry. No one couldn't see his leg but his knee cap was shot off by bunnie a couple of months ago due to refusal for a grenade launcher. Nack sniffed the bullet and soon had the sense.

Bunnie: (noticed) Well?

Nack: Smells like shit. The bullet came out of a handgun and the DNA test shows that the blood belong to an echidna.

Bunnie: (stupified) Say what?

Nack: You lost your hearing?

Bunnie: (harshly) No, I didn't lose mah fuckin' hearing so knock it off. What did you say?

Nack: I said it belongs to an echidna.

Bunnie: (long pause) Which echidna?

Nack: (strugs) How the hell should I know? I'm an arms dealer, not an inspector.

Bunnie: (takes out a 100 dollar bill) Okay, thanks. (puts it on desk) Oh and nack.

Nack: Yeah?

Bunnie: (punched nack square in the nose hard)

Nack: (cupping his bleeding nose) Ow! My nose! You broke my fuckin' nose!

Bunnie: Don't be a pervert on magazines, sugah. Now get the guns.

Nack does so and whimpers while doing so.

OUTSIDE

Bunnie and Manic were headed out the shop fully armed as they both got in the car and drove off.

INSIDE CAR

Manic: (looks at bunnie) You weren't really gonna shoot him, were you?

Bunnie: Of course.

Manic: (stupified) What?

Bunnie: Ah was a hitman back then, remember?

Manic: (shakes head) No, I don't.

Bunnie: Then don't ask.

Manic: Okay, fine. Look, how do we know which echidna it is? It could be any echidna.

Bunnie: Look, the blood belong to the echidna which means that mah dad fired the shots before he was murdered. Trouble is, we don't know which one.

Manic: What about Spectre? He did get away did he?

Bunnie: Of course. But he's a drug dealer, not a murderer unless someone owes him something like a debt. No, this is done by a professional like me.

Manic: Like who?

Bunnie: (looks at manic)

ELSEWHERE

Elsewhere, a buliding was scene as a car was pulled up letting out Spectre accompanied by Menniker Echidna and Sgt. Simian. They walked in the building.

INT. BUILDING

(Knock Knock)

CUT TO:

An echidna named Rykor was seated on a chair smoking a cigarette before signaling one of his posses to answer the door. He saw Spectre, Menniker, and Sgt. Simian came in and stopped in front of him.

Rykor: (got up from his seat) Spectre, you disappointed me. You selled the narcotics to the wrong mobian. An undercover DEA Agent?!

Spectre: (brooklyn accent, pleading) Please, boss. I didn't know. The bitch caught us off guard.

Rykor: (approaches spectre, furiously) Just like she caught everyone else off guard by killing most of my crew with 2 to 4 handguns and not to mention an AK-47 assault rifle (shows paper to them) having a blood bath everywhere at the scene of the crime!!

Spectre: (shaking in fear, same accent) I-I can make it up to you, boss.

Rykor: How? By sending my subjects Thunderhawk and Dimitri to murder the subject's family? Do you realized what you've done?! Not only will she hunt us down, but she will be killing every last one of us until she does finds us! But we won't let that happen at all, now will we?

Spectre: (shaking in fear, stammering, same accent) N-n-no, boss. We'll stop her for you.

Rykor: (looks at spectre) who's we?

Spectre: The sarge, Menniker, and-

Rykor: (cuts him off) YOUR help is needlessly required!

Menniker aims at spectre's head.

Spectre: (whimpers) Fuck.

(Gunshots)

Blood was coming out spectre's head as menniker and Simian carried him.

Rykor: (noticed) Get that bag of shit out of here.

Menniker and Simian does as told as Rykor continues to smoke a cigarette.

OUTSIDE - STREETS

Bunnie's car was still riding in the streets.

Manic: (V.O) You think we'll find this guy?

ON BUNNIE

Bunnie: (look at manic) How many times you gonna ask me that? Of course. In plain english? Yes. Yes.

Manic: (holds up hands) Okay, okay, okay.

Bunnie: Okay.

Manic: (saw 2 shadows in an alley) Stop the car. I saw something.

OUTSIDE

Bunnie stopped the car as she and manic got out and went in the alley. When they got in, they didn't see anybody.

Manic: Ain't that a bitch. (shakes head, walks back)

Bunnie: (saw something, holds manic back) Wait. Ah saw something. In the dumpster.

Manic: It's probably a homeless furry or something.

Bunnie: Let's check it out.

Manic: Are you crazy? I'm not digging in no trash.

Bunnie: (paused) Okay. Stay he-uh. (ran to dumpster)

Manic: (sighs) Shit. (follows)

Bunnie and Manic went to the dumpster as they got there before bunnie opened it. Bunnie went wide-eyed and so did manic.

Manic: Oh! (turns around, covers mouth) Jesus. (looks back) Oh, shit!

What they saw in the dumpster was the dead body of Spectre, the drug gangster that got away. Bunnie didn't understand it at all. She was looking for the guy only to find that he's dead inside a dumpster. (A/N: Weird, huh?)

CUT TO:

INSIDE CAR

Manic: (hand on forehead) This doesn't make no damn sense. I mean, spectre was a drug gangster. (looks at bunnie) You didn't think he would kill himself, would he?

Bunnie: (shakes head) No. Someone else did it. Someone that wanted me out the way.

Manic: Any idea who?

Bunnie: (sighs)

OUTSIDE

Bunnie stopped her car to a red light as she waited before a black car on her right side pulled up. Inside the car was Sojourer and Coconuts as Bunnie noticed.

Sojourer: Hello, ladies. (aims a handgun at her)

Bunnie: (wide-eyed, to manic) Get Down!

Manic and bunnie ducked before the shot was fired multiple times missing them. The light was green as bunnie pressed on the accelerator and drove off with the enemy in pursuit.

INSIDE CAR

Manic took out his handgun before putting a magazine in it and cocking the weapon.

Manic: Where the fuck did these guys came from?!

Bunnie: (takes out gun, cocks magazine in) You're asking me?!

Manic: Yeah!

Bunnie: Ah have no idea!

OUTSIDE

A car chase was taking place as the enemy was behind them.

INSIDE CAR

Bunnie: (to manic) Manic, take the wheels and drive faster!

Manic: (stupified) What?!

Bunnie: Ah said...

(Gunshots shattering back windows)

Bunnie: Take the goddamn wheels!!

Manic: You're insane! (switch sides with bunnie)

Bunnie: (does the same) Crazy insane or insane crazy! Ah like to be called that much better!

Manic was now in the driver's seat with bunnie in passenger's.

Bunnie: Drive faster!

Manic: As long as I don't pass the speed limits! What are you gonna do?!

Bunnie: (opens door) Don't worry about it!

Manic: Okay. You're insane crazy. I'll call you that!

OUTSIDE

Manic drove the car faster and faster to lose the enemy as bunnie got out the car to the top of the roof. The enemies saw bunnie as they aimed at her. Bunnie saw this before firing multiple shots at them causing Sojourer and Coconuts to duck giving them more time to speed up as the enemies windshields were shattered. Bunnie saw that they were at the far site of sojourer and coconut's position.

Bunnie: (kneels down, to manic) Okay, stop!!

Manic soon stopped the car as bunnie held on trying to avoid from skidding off the roof. It was quiet for a second as sojourer's car lights came on. Bunnie saw this as an opportunity before speaking.

Bunnie: (to manic) Reverse the engines!!

Manic puts the car in reverse as the car was heading straight for them.

ON SOJOURER

Sojourer did the same thing and revved his car before heading straight for them.

OUTSIDE

They were riding extremely fast as bunnie saw them aimed their guns at her before noticing that she was getting close. She held both handguns tightly.

Bunnie: (to manic, stands up) Now, manic!! Stop the car!!

Manic did as instructed as he stopped the car at the same time bunnie was sent flying in mid-air.

(Slow-Motion)

Bunnie aimed at them and shot multiple ammos at sojourer and coconuts from the from windows, roof, and back windows as sojourer and coconuts were staggering in their seats with lots of blood coming out their bodies from the bullets shot out.

(Regular Motion)

Bunnie landed hard on the ground straight on her feet as she still kept her guard up. She was slowing walking to the car to make sure that they're dead as she looked in their car and found that they're all messed up in there.

Bunnie: (lowers gun) You've just been Marked, sugah. (blows raspberry)

ON MANIC

Manic got out the car before seeing bunnie approached him.

Manic: What happened?

Bunnie: (strugs) They were marked for death.

Manic: (sighs) Great. Now what?

Bunnie: We're gonna have to head back before reporters get he-uh and get me on media live.

Manic: (nods) Amen to that. Can I still take to driver's seat?

Bunnie: No.

Bunnie and Manic got in the car.

Manic: What about tomorrow?

Bunnie: Maybe.

Manic: Yeah.

They soon drove off.

DISSOLVES TO:

The sun was coming up as day was hitting by.

DEA HQ - MORNING

Bunnie was entering the HQ as she was about to go to her desk when...

Yanar: (from office) AGENT RABBOT!! My office, now!!

Bunnie: (sighs)

ON YANAR

Yanar: So that what this is to you, is it?! A goddamn game?! You go off and disobeyed a direct order after I told you not to investigate this case!! And what's even bad about that was that you dragged manic along with you. As a fucking partner. If I didn't know any better, I'd think you'd grown accustom to him.

Bunnie: No, sir.

Yanar: Why the hell would you bring him along on this case?!

Bunnie: Look, ah asked him if he wanted to get in, get in! Ah gave him a choice and ah didn't force him to come along! At one time, ah chose to go alone!

Yanar: (paused) Don't give me that "I work alone" bullshit. Like I said before. You are doing your job and I respect that. But you are in my yard, missy. And I run it. Last night, 3 dead bodies were found and killed by you for all I know! Now I'm asking you not just as an agent but as a friend if you stay off this case or consequences will befall you.

Bunnie: Did manic tell you what ah said to him?

Yanar: No.

Bunnie: Good. Cause ah want to be the first to say it to you. (got in yanar's face) Ah don't care if it costs me mah job. Mah family comes first and they are more important then a DEA Badge right now. Hence why the badge is still in the wall. You want to suspend me, go ahead. You want fire me, go right ahead. But ah won't rest until that murderer is found even if ah have to kill every gang leader in this city.

Bunnie then got from yanar's face before leaving. Yanar didn't make a move as bunnie's words stuck like a dagger in his head.