Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Return of an Angel ❯ Chapter 1-Good Morning! ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 1-Good Morning!-*Chuko*
“Artemis! Wake Up!” I shouted kicking the pillow that was covering her head.
“No. Just five more minutes.” She answered pulling the covers up closer to her head.
“But that's what you said ten minutes ago. Come on Dojo's gonna leave without you.” She sat up bolt right.
“Is everyone coming?”
“Pretty much everyone. Now come on you need to get me normal sized.” I said closing the door. I sighed and flew down the hall. It's been a year since Angel died. (Tikal said she'd get them as close to their time as possible.) Since then Sonic, Tails and Amy have returned to their world. And Donald and Goofy went back to theirs. Now Sora, Shadow, Knuckles and Ayoni remained. I passed Kimiko and Clay walking down the hall.
“Is she coming?” Asked Kimiko.
“Slowly but surely. Where's Dojo?”
“Out in the courtyard. He's a mite moody though so be careful.” Added Clay.
“I'll remember that.” I said flying through a window. One of the perks about being a fairy is that you don't need to use a door unless you have to. I saw Dojo talking to Omi. “Hi guys!”
“Good Morning Chuko.” Said Omi. I smiled. Omi and I had our first kiss about five months ago, and a few in between.
“'Sup?” Asked Dojo. “Ahh. Ahh. Ahh.”
“What's wrong? Clay said you were moody.” I said flying up to look in his eyes. (In his big form.)
“I'm just tired that's all. Shen Gon Wu every other day, and now that Goofy's gone my back itches like mad.”
“Then why don't you ask someone else?”
“Mm-mm.” He shrugged. “They're usually busy. Normaly I'd ask Angel but…” All three of us sighed and I hovered down to Omi's shoulder.
“It has been difficult since it happened. No one blames you Chuko.” Said Omi.
“Yeah but I still miss her.”
“Hey guys!”
“'Sup?” All of us turned to see Raimundo and Sora walking towards us.
“Hi! You guys ready?”
“Yeah. No sweat. I bet Artemis already has the contest beat.” Said Raimundo as both of them swung up on Dojo. Artemis, a couple weeks ago, heard of a singing contest in Tokyo and she wanted to try out. So now we need to fly to Tokyo and hear Artemis sing. Not that there's a problem with that. Then the girls came walking up arm in arm.
“Where's Knuckles? Isn't he coming?” Asked Kimiko climbing up Dojo.
“No he's resting again. Ever since the M. E. disappeared.” All of us got on Dojo and he flew off.
I held on to Artemis' hair and the rest of my body waved in the air. Angel had been my best friend, and now she's gone. I still wish I hadn't protected Artemis that one time. But I did protect her from Chase. I sighed.
“Hey Kimiko. What do you get when you cross a chicken and a porqupine?” Asked Clay.
“I don't know.” She said.
“What?” Asked Artemis.
“Raimundo.” He said. (Think about his hair and personality…)
“Hey!” Shouted Raimundo turning around. “That's for the hat thing isn't it?”
“Could be.”
“I'm sorry! It was just too good to pass up!” (The ten gallon hat, and the milk and the great chase between idiots.)
“Guys we're here.” Said Dojo landing behind a huge mall.
“Chuko stand still.” Said Artemis as we got off of Dojo. He shrunk and I turned into a human.
“Thanks.” I said as Omi held the door open for me. I was the same height as him. All of us walked through the doors and started to find our way to the stage.
*Angel*
“Where the heck are we?” Asked Riku. We were behind a resteraunt as far as I could tell. Right now Necren was helping Kornta out of a garbage bin.
“I don't know.” I said walking around. “Someplace busy that's for sure.” We walked to the end of the ally and saw… dowtown Tokyo. (Does a piece sign as eyes sparkle. Lights are going all around.) “Oh cool!” I turned around. “Kornta! Necren! Come on!”
`We're coming.” Said Kornta. They emerged from the ally and across the street I saw a mall. My eyes widened. I knew I shouldn't get my hopes up, because. A: We just crawled out of a dumpster. B: We didn't have any money.
“What about a shopping trip Angel?” Asked Kornta walking up to me. That caught me by surprise.
“But Kornta! We don't have any money!”
“Actually, I do.” Said Kornta. “I havn't totally been cut off. I have a bank acount with quite a bit of money in it.”
“I will. But only if you come to.”
“Oh she'd come any way.” Said Necren walking up behind me.
“But first lets get some lunch.” Said Kornta. Then Riku's stomach growled. I just noticed that we haven't eaten since we were last at Jack's house. I didn't even eat anything there.
“Well Riku and I agree.”
“Okay. I'll get out some money and you guys get us a table in that reseraunt there. After we'll get some clothes.” And at that she disappeared. She was still fast for… Wait! Kornta was a human! I just noticed that! I shrugged it off as Riku led us into the resteraunt.
“Oh hello!” Said a Japenese lady. “How many?”
“Four.” Said Riku. “Our friend will be joining us soon.”
“Right this way please.” She said as she led us to a table in the back. Almost as soon as we sat down Kornta was as well. I noticed she sat as far away from Necren as possible. When we ordered we got a big plate of rice and sushi. Riku and I ate the rice while Necren and Kornta ate the sushi. (They still have tiger instincts.) Once we finished, paid, and walked out the door towards the mall, I knew I wouldn't need to eat for weeks. I'm literaly like a camel. Only with food not water. Once we cleared the doorway Kornta stopped and sniffed the air.
“What is it?” I asked.
“Nothing. I just thought I smelled someone.” She said as she pulled our group to the side. She took out a wad of bills and handed them to me and Riku. “You two can shop together. We'll each meet up here in two and a half hours.”
“Should we come up with fake names?” I asked. “I mean what if one of the warriors or even Jack are here and they recognize us?”
“We wouldn't need to worry about that. All of us look different. Exept for our eyes and personality. But I do agree we should have different names.”Said Necren. (These are so it's easier to understand for my little bitty brain.)
“Elena.” I said.
“Nena.”Said Kornta.
“Koro.” Said Necren.
“Tobias.” Said Riku. All of us looked at him. He shrugged. “I heard it on a TV show a long time ago.” (Animorphs. No I don't like them Thane. I just needed a name.)
“Okay. We'll see you in a couple hours.” I said grabbing Riku's arm and running down the hallway. I slowed down in front of a boys clothing store. “You first.” I said giving my arms a sweeping motion.
“Ha ha.” Said Riku as he walked by and ruffled my hair.
“Hey!” I said runing after him. He tried on a couple outfits and we also got him one of his old outfits. I aslo got him a swimsuit. Dark royal blue. As we walked out of the store he was wearing a pair of stretchy, baggy jeans and a red muscle shirt. (Sighs.)
“Okay. Now it's your turn.” he said pushing me into a girl store. (Tokyo Limited Too, Aeropostle and Old Navy.)
I picked out a blue, yellow, and pink school skirt. (Sailor Scout skirt.) To go with that I got some white shirts and a couple different colored tanks and some jeans. Not to mention the ever famous thigh socks and sneakers and flats. Then I got another swimsuit.
We walked out of the store and I was wearing the blue skirt, tank and white shirt with the navy socks and black flats.
Riku and I looked like real Japanese people. We rounded a corner and I heard a voice I thought I would hear again.
“No Artemis it's this way! Look! People are going that way!” It was Chuko and the Xiaolin warriors.
“Riku do you hear that?” I asked. “And see that?”
“Yeah.” He looked at me. “Do you want to follow them?” I nodded. “Then we'll split up. I'll take their left side and you take their right.”
“Okay. Just be sure that they know we aren't following them.” He nodded to me and disapearedinto the crowd. I did the same and followed at ten feet away. It gave me time to take them all in.
Omi and Chuko looked about the same, but she was a cemtimeter taller then the last time. Clay was still wearing the same old ten-gallon hat, and I think I saw Dojo's tail sticking out of the back again. He's always doing that. Sora was walking along with Kimiko. Both of whom were smiling in the others company. And that brought me to Rai and Artemis. I sighed. Both of them looked so happy. I thought he would miss me. But with Rai he usually doesn't stay with one girl for too long. I just wish it was me who was holding his hand, but I was supposed to be dead, and they were still alive.
Then Clay whipped around and looked in my general direction. I shrank back into the shadows.
“Be careful.”Said Riku in my head.
“Ten-four goood buddy.”Was my reply. I crept forwards for a couple more yards and they finally came to a halt in front of a huge stage.
“Is this it?” Asked Omi. Kimiko read the sign.
“Yup! This is it! Artemis the tryouts are in fifteen. Uh-oh.”
“What?” Asked Artemis.
“It says here that it's a partner thing… And well none of us are the best of singers…”
“Don't even think about it.” Said a voice in my ear. I whipped around and yelped to come face-to-face with Necren.
“You scared me.” I said.
“Good. And again don't even think about it.”
“Why not?”
“Because it's a stupid and recless idea.”
“I say she does it.” Said Riku walking up with Kornta. Necren growled. He was used to people following his orders, since he used to lead a pack.
“Fine.” He said sauntering off.
I looked at the warriors.
“So should I just go up to `em?”
“Probably be the best thing.” Said Kornta. I nodded and walked up.
“But I really wanted to do this.” Said Artemis sighing and putting her head in her hands. She was sitting down. Perfect!
“Exuse me.” I said walking up. They all looked at me. “I couldn't help but overhear your delema. I would be honored to be your singing partner.” I said bowing.
“Who are you?” Asked Chuko. I almost answered `Angel' but caught myself.
“Elena. And could I ask for your names?” They all answered and ended with, “Artemis. That would be great but do you know any of my songs?”
“Give me a title. Anything. Broadway, rap, even country.” She thought for a moment.
“Bop to the Top.” I immediantly began to sing the chorus. They looked at me. “Anything else?” I asked. Clay gave me a suspicious look.
“Life is a Highway.” Said Sora. (That's MY theme song!) I began singing the words clear and strong.
“I guess if you want to you can sing with me.” Said Artemis.
“Good! What song are you going to sing?”
“Elena!” I turned around to see Riku running towards us.
“Hi Tobias.” I said giving him a hug. “ These are my new friends.” I said, gesturing to the warriors.
“Hello.” Said Kimiko.
“Hi.” Replied Riku. He turned towards me. “Nena said to be careful and that she'd meet us by the fountain.”
“Okay. But it is okay if I sing right?” I asked.
“Of course it's fine.” He answered.
“Ahem.” I turned and saw Artemis. “I WAS going to sing, True to your Heart. But now we can do What is this feeling. If it's all right with you.”
“Sure. Any preferance on which part you'd like to be?”
“I want to do Elphaba. You can be Galinda.” At that she signed us both up. We walked up the steps and waited for our turn.
Meanwhile…
*Necren*
I ran the rest of the way up. This route was all too familiar and I needed to get there as fast as possible, I neared the top and walked to the mouth of the closed cave. Slowly I lifted my head and growled something only autible to the tigers. The door opened and I smirked. This was going to be too easy to kill my sister again. And since the other one was already dead and a ghost it didn't matter.
I saw the peraon I was looking for meditating on the ground as he usualy did.
“I'm back.” I said. His eyes opened and looked at me.
“Necren.” He said getting up. “How're you alive? I killed you.”
“Well lets just say your sister helped me out of Limbo. Along with my sister, that boy and herself.”
“Angel's still alive!?” He asked in disbelief. He started to pace. “ No matter I can kill her again.” He turned towards me. “What do you want? I know you wouldn't just give me this information for nothing.”
“Because, “ I said smiling to myself. “ I want to kill my sister. Kornta. You remember her.” It was wonderful to finaly have the upper hand.
He touched his face were a jagged scare ran down the side of his left cheek.
“How could I forget your sister. Speaking of which.” He turned around. “Wuya! Get down here!” After a second a purple ghost came through the wall and stopped as soon as she saw me.
“Wuya. It's good to see you again.” I said mock-bowing.
“Necren. I thought you were dead. Kornta as well.”
“No, both of us are alive. Not to mention Riku and Angel.” She gasped and smiled evily. (Remember when she took over Angel's body…) “Now,” I said turning towards Chase. “I'll help bring Angel back here if you let me lead the tigers.”
“Fine. They have been recless for a while now.” He answered snapping his fingers. Almost instantly my transformation began. The power was returning to me. And somewhere in a section of a mall in Tokyo the mark returned to a certain Angel. My target was set.
 
Like it? Yeah it took me a while to type. My chapters are going to be a bit longer.
-RCR