Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Return of an Angel ❯ Chapter 2-Shen Gon Wu and a contest ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 2-Shen Gon Wu and a conest-*Angel*
Butterflies were in my stomach. I haven't performed in front of a live audience for a couple years. I gulped and looked out to the small bit of people. Okay about two hundred were out there. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked and saw Artemis.
“Nervous?” She asked. I nodded vigorously. “Just think that we're actually in Shiz.” I looked at her.
“Huh?”
“The school? Oh! We're on!” She squeled as she went thruoght the curtain. I followed and stopped at the edge of the stage. The music began. (Going into dialouge for a sec.)
 
Ang: Dearest darlingest momsie and popsicle.
Art: My dear father
Both: There's been some confusion over rooming here at Shiz.
Art: But of course I'll care for Nessa.
Ang:But of course I'll rise above it.
Both: for I know that's how you'd want me to respond. Yes. Ther's been some confusion for you see my roomate is…
Ang: unusualy and exedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to descibe.
Art: blonde.
Ang: What is this feeling so sudden and new?
Art: I felt the moment I laid eyes on you.
Ang: My pulse is rushing.
Art: My head is reeling.
Ang: My face is flushing.
Both:What is this feeling. Fervid as a flame. Does it have a name? Yes. Loathing. Unadulterated loathing.
 
(Out dialouge.)
It went on like that until the end of the song. There was a `Boo!' And I screamed at the top of my lungs. An Angel scream at that. It was something I didn't expect.
“Wonderful job girls!” Said one of the judges and we bowed. “Can you guys make it in a week to the Millcreek mall in Erie?”
“Sure answered.” Artemis.
“I guess…” I answered slowly.
“Great! We'll see you later then. Bye-bye.” We walked off stage to be greeted by the warriors… and Riku.
“You guys were great!” Said Raimundo picking up Artemis and twirling her. Once her feet touched the ground he kissed her cheek. I sighed.
“Hey. You were wonderful.”Said Riku as he gave me a hug.
“So can you make it?” Asked Artemis. I looked at her.
“We can make it. But what soing are we going to sing?” I asked.
“How about… I won't say I'm in love? You can have Meg's part.”
“Okay.” I said. “Well it was nice meeting you. But we have to go. Bye.” Riku and I ran as fast as we could out of there. On the way to meet Kornta we passed a costume store. I stopped and looked in. I saw a Zorro-like outfit but it was for girls. It was a black body suit with a tube top top. To go over that there was a black cape with a opal colored lotus flower clip to hold it together. There was also some black leather flats. To go with it there was a mask that looked cat-like. Slowly I walked into the store and saw weapons of any kind. Mostly swords and such.
Riku walked in behind me. He whistled.
“That's a lot of metal.”
“Yup. Now we know were Sora gets it all from.”
“True. He is hard headed.”I walked over to the outfit I was looking at and also saw there were black leather biking gloves.
I took a look at it again and turned around.
“So do you want to buy it?” Asked a voice. I saw behind the counter a man who was cleaning a sword. “I'll give it to you for free. That's been there for years and no one's ever tried it on. And I have a feeling that you'lll fit into it.” He said winking at me. I blushed a bit. “And you,” He said to Riku. “Which one of these swords do you like? Just take one.” Riku went behind the counter and picked out a large saber. “Thought so. And for you.” He said going over to a display case. He picked it p and brought it over to me. In it was a diplay of japenese fans.
“These are beautifiul.” I breathed.
“Choose two.” Said the man. “I picked a pair with a royal blue backround and dragons on it.
“How come you let us have these?” Asked Riku.
“Because I'm guessing you'll need them soon. Trust me on this. I've been right about this before.” He walked out and I picked up my suit and fans. Riku did the same with his sword and put it in his belt. We saw Kornta waiting for us.
“Where have you been? And what are those?” She questioned as we came up.
“Chill Kornta. We went into a store and the guy gave these to us.” I said. She sighed.
“Well Necren left and I can't find him. So now I'm in charge. Did you get to the next round?” I nodded.
“The next one's in Erie.” She sat down.
“Can you still turn into a dragon?” She asked.
“I can't answer that.” I said. All of a sudden my legs buckled and a familiar pain came to me. “I can still sense a Wu though.”
“Should we get it?” Asked Riku.
“I suppose so.”Said Kornta. I stood up.
“It's not too far away. We can probably get there before the warriors. Come on!” I said running out of the doors. Riuk and Kornta followed. I still had my outfit. “Was this what the man was talking about?” I thought. I ran down the road and came to a garden. Kornta came up to me.
“Is this it?”
“Yeah. It's somewhere in here.” I said as Riku ran up to us. “But first let me change.” I went behind a dumpster and started taking off my new clothes. I slipped on the new one and it fit like a dream. I tied the cape around me and put the fans in my belt. I put on the gloves and then the mask. It was extremly cat-like. I put it on and my nails grew about an inch longer. Ears sprouted from my head and I took it off. Everything disappeared. I sighed and put it on again. The same thing happened. The only things that came out where, nails, ears and a tail. (Not exactly like Katnappe' but not like cat-woman or Zorro. A mixture of all three.)
I stepped out and gave my clothes to Kornta who put them in a knapsack. I looked at Riku.
“Shadows come.” I said. A couple shadowsappeared and looked at me with their cold beady eyes. “Give Riku am outfit to fight in.” They nodded and whirled around Riku. They soon disapeared and Riku was wearing a Zorro outfit. Nix the cape and hat and whip.
“Nice.” He said.
“Come on. Kornta where should we meet you?”
“Don't worry. I'll be watching.”she said. We nodded and ran into the garden. We were out of place because we were wearing black and the petals of the flowers were pink. I came to a stop in a grove.
“What exactly are we looking for?”Asked Riku.
“Anything that looks abnormal.”I answered.
“In other words we're looking for Kimiko?”
“Sure.” Above we heard a deafining roar. I didn't need to look up to know who it was. “Dojo's here. Come on.” We started running and in the middle of a tree branch was the Shen Gon Wu. (The Yong She Kite.) I approached it and I heard Riku draw his sword.
“Look out!” He shouted. I looked up in time to dodge the Xiaolin warrios. I grabbed the Wu and walked over to Riku.
“Who are you?” Asked Omi.
“Your worst nightmare.” I said as I stood back-to back with Riku. “And yet a dream come true.” I thought.
“Seismic Kick! Earth!” Shouted Clay as the ground shook beneath our feet.
“Take this.” I said handing the Wu to Riku. “I'll play with them. Just be careful if Jack comes.” He nodded and ran into the cover of the trees.
I took out my fans and took a stance.
“Lets see what you got.” I said. Sora ran at me with Artemis close behind. She brought out a katana as Sora took out the Keyblade. I jumped up and did a flip, putting the fans back as I did. I landed behind them and grabbed the swords. They turned around and Artemis let out a side kick to my gut, sending me flying against a tree. I stood up and chuckled. “Now, now. Lets play fair.” I stuck the swords into the tree. “Wind!”I shouted. A huge gust came in and petals were allover creating to perfect confusing I needed. “Fire!” Once I did that a large amounto of the petals turned ablaze. Some got into Raimundo's hair.”Wanna cool down?” I aske climbing a tree. “Water!” Everything went out including Rai's hair. He looked like a drowned dog.
“Earth!” I shouted jumping to the ground. A domino affect happened. Once Clay flew up so did Omi, Kimiko, Sora, Dojo, Artemis, Raimundo and Chuko. Dojo and Raimundo were the first ones to recover.
“Show us how you fight!” Shouted Rai as h charged at me. I stepped to the side and slashed his back with my nails. He fell into the tree Artemis crashed me into. I pounced on him.
“Good enough?” He nodded. I scratched three lines on his right cheek. “That's to remember me.” I said my face a few inches from his. I had an urge to kiss him but instead I slapped him, knocking him out. I stood up and Kimiko blew a flame at me. “Oh. So now things finaly heat up.” I said running towards Dojo. I jumped and scratched his muzzle.
“AHHHHHHH!” He screamed. I landed and turned. Things looked pretty bad. I started to walk away when Chuko asked a question. “Who are you?” I turned.
“I'm Midnight.” I turned and ran. Soon I met up with Riku who had in fact met up with Jack. I whistled. Jack and Riku turned towards me. “Fire!” I shouted. A flame went right towards Jack and his eyes lit up with fear.I knew I hit my target because he was already flying away. I went to Riku and helped him up.
“Thanks. He had me out-numbered.” I took the Shen Gon Wu and looked at it.
“No prob. What's your name gonna be? Mine's Midnight.”
“Shadow.” He answered. I nodded and Kornta stepped out of some bushes.
“Well done. How about we go get a hotel room?”She asked. Both of us nodded and she tossed us our clothes. I went behind a tree and changed. Once I came back out I looked at my fans. I wouldn't need them. I took them out and gave one to Kornta.
“Here. You need it more then I do.” She took it and thanked me. As the three of us walked out of the garden I saw Dojo's silouette flying towards the temple. The sun was setting and the lights were starting to come on to light our way to the street.
 
Hope you liked it. The cat suit was dreamed up on the spot. If there's any questions ask on the reviews and I'll answer them as best as icand in the story. And wihe the song. It symbolizes for a leter scene and how the two actually feel towards each other.
-RCR