Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Return of an Angel ❯ Chapter 3-Scar of an Enemy ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 3-Scar of an Enemy-*Kimiko*
“Have you ever seen her before?” Asked Sora as Dojo flew home.
“Never.” I said. “But she reminded me of Katnappe' a little bit.”
“How're you feeling Dojo?” Called Chuko.
“I'm fine but it stings a bit. How's Rai?”He replied.
“He's fine. But he's going to be out for a while that's for sure.” Answered Artemis as she held Raimundo's unconcious body tighter. I sighed. Angel would've just flown him herself if she were here. But now we had Artemis. I don't have anything against her but I think Angel would've healed him first. When she first got here to the Temple I hated her guts! But once she `humbled' Dojo and screamed at Rai, all was forgiven. (Angel I mean.)
We were almost at the Temple. I looked to my left and saw Angel's mountain.
“Dojo! Can you let me off at the mountain? I'll be back to the Temple soon.” I shouted.
“All right.” He said banking left. He landed and Clay jumped off along with me. Then he started to fly back to the Temple. Clay and I walked in silence until we got to where we buried Angel. I gasped. At the grave was Knuckles.
“What're you doing here?” Asked Clay as we approached. He stood up.
“Aren't I allowed to come up here?” He asked.
“Yes you are. Actually I think Clay wanted to as well.” I said. I was talking about what we did when anyone came up here. I picked a wild flower and Clay did the same as we approached the grave. I put the flower on the grave and sat down on my knees to look at the sunset.
“Hey Kimiko we'll meet you down aways. Alright?” Said Clay.
“Sure.” I answered. “Angel how come you had to die?”I asked myself. I already knew the answer. I started to hum a tune she used to sing. Only she would've praised my trying. If I try to sing in my room everyone yells at me. I revised some of the words Angel had used but it was pretty nontheless. Once I got the melody I added words. “When your journy's done,
And new friends come in.
You'll always know,
We will be right beside you.
But a new day is dawning,
And stars will come out that night.”
My voice got louder and louder until it carried the hauntng melody all across the moutain range. I stood up, bowed and ran down to catch up with Clay and Knuckles. I found them. And Clay was danglingover the side of the mountain path while Knuckles was wearing the cowboy hat and snickering.
“Sing it.” Said the Enchidna.
“What's going on?” I asked walking up.
“Now you have to sing it.”
“That's not fair Knuckles.” Said Clay.
“Sing it and I'll give you back your hat.”
“Not in front of Kimiko. She just tell everyone.” Knuckles waved the hat. “Fine.”Said Clay. He cleared his throat and began to sing the Gilligan's Isle theme song. I cracked up. “Here on Gilligan's Isle.” Finished Clay. “Now get me up.” Knuckles started to help him up and I was already halfway down the mountain. I couldn't disapoint Clay by not telling anyone.
When I did get down to the courtyard I saw the light was on in Rai's room. I walked in and everyone looked up at me.
“Is he okay?” I asked.
“He's fine.” Said Chuko as she squeezed some water into his mouth. “But the scars will be there for a long time. Can someone wake him up?” Asked Chuko. “Drowning hm won't work.” I walked to the door and opened it.
“I have an idea. Hey Rai. Omi and Clay are giving ninja Fred surgury. There goes his arm.” Almost immediantly his eyes opened. It worked.
“Where's he? I kill him.” He said sitting up. Still groggy. And as he said all this water spilled down the front of his shirt. Clay walked in.
“Hey Rai. …Did you wet your pants or something?” That woke him up even more. This was better then I had hoped.
He got out of bed, now wide-awake.
“No I did not! That girl knocked me out and then Kimi said you gave Ninja Fred surgery!”
“Who's ninja Fred?” Asked Clay looking at me. Raimundo first blushed because Artemis was in the room and the he walked over to me.
“How'd you find out?” He asked.
“I read your diary and the Falcon's Eye definetly works.” I answered.
“Why wouldn't it?” Asked a voice.
“Master Fung.” Said Omi. Then his eyes went blank and he didn't speak for a minute. He came out of the trance.
“What is it?” I asked.
“I had a vision.”He said. “I saw Angel and Chase Young's battle again. But they were different somehow. And Angel was wearing Midnight's clothes.”
“Who's Midnight?” asked Master Fung.
“She's a girl we met today. The one who gave Dojo and Rai the scratches.” Said Sora.
“Let me see them.” As he saw both of them he drew his breath.
“What is it?” Asked Artemis.
“This is no ordenary mark. What did Midnight look like?”
“Katnappe' with a cape and skills in the elemants.” Said Dojo.
“She reminded me of someone. Elena to.” Said Clay. “I just don't know who.”
“Elena?”
“She helped Artemis get through the prelims.” Said Raimundo.
“Keep an eye on these two.”Said Master Fung as he walked out of the room. We nodded and sat in silence until Chuko yawned.
“Lets get some sleep. Come on.” Said Artemis as she picked up the fairy. Both of us walked out into my room andi looked at Angel's old spot. Only once did she ever sleep in it. And she probably never would again.
 
*Angel*
Kornta got us totally hooked up! The hotel room had three different bedrooms so we could each have some privacy. Kornta was in the middle bedroom. First thing I did was jump onto the bed. It was light and fluffy and smelld like cheesy laundry detergent. Then I put away my clothes in the corner of a room and started a bath. The Yong She Kite I would deal with later. While the tub ws filling up I went onto the balcony. The view was breath taking. For miles all I could see was the mountains of Japan. And across there was Riku's balcony.
I stepped back inside and started to take my clothes off on the way to the bathroom. I grabbed a towel and put it within reaching distance. Slowly I sank into the water as it swelled around my body. I put my right leg over my left and I looked at my calf. Staring at me was something I never wanted to see again. I got out as quickly as I could and wrapped the towel around my mid-section. “KORNTA! RIKU!” I screamed. Ten seconds later they burst in.
“What is it?” Asked Kornta who was not at all phased to see me half-naked. Riku ducked behind the doorway. I put my foot on the toilet seat so she could get a better look at it.
“The mark's back Kornta. Chase's mark.” Riku then came in.
“You just noticed it?” He asked. I nodded.
“In other words Necren went back to Chase. He'll be looking for you and going to kill me. Luckily he doesn't know your Midnight and Shadow outfit. We'll need to watch each others back.”She said walking out of the bathroom. “Come on Riku.”She added. Both of them left and slowly I went back into the tub. But before I did I looked in the mirror, half expecting ears, but nothing was there. The full moon was coming tomorrow and no tiger features at all.
Once again I relaxed but my mind wasn't. As long as the mark was on me I was a sitting duck. For about ten minutes I just soaked in the strwaberry scented bubbles. Then my fingers started to get pruny and then I washed my hair and body. For being in a hotel they had good shampoo and conditioner. When I dunked my head under to wipe off the conditioner I thought about Riku. “Do we actually have a realationship? And how deep is it? I mean we just meet each other again only a while ago.” I brought my head up. “I need to talk to him tonight.” I got out of the tub and drained the water. For the second time I wrapped a towel around my mid-section. I also realized I would need to start wearing a bra soon. (In Inkspell this is NOT a direct quote. But it said that Meggie's chest weren't like the front of a book any more. Or something like that. Good book by the way…)
Pajama wise I took out the outfit I wore today, nix the white shirt and socks. I opened the door to the bathroom, brushing my hair and then saw the Yong She Kite on my bed. “Oh.” Was all I could say. I knocked on Kornta's door.
“Who is it?” She asked. I gave the door a `what the fudge.' Look.
“It's Angel you ding dong.” I replied.
“Oh come on in.” I opened the door and I saw Both Riku and Kornta sitting on the bed. “What do you need?”
“Well there's the problem of the Shen Gon Wu on my bed.”I started.
“I can solve that.” Said Riku standing up.
“How?” I asked.
“I'll have the Heartless look over it. And any others we come across.” He explained as he snapped his fingers. Three heartless appeared. “Get the Shen Gon Wu and guard it. Better then you did on Captain Hook's ship with Sora.” He said. They bustled away and came back a few seconds later with the Kite. Once they stopped in front of Riuk they disappeared. “And that should solve our problems.”He said looking right into my eyes. “Put a stopper in your door. I need to talk to you.”
“Okay.” I yawned and stretched. “I'm bushed. I'll see you both in the morning.” I said walking to my room.
“Good night Angel. And you-“She said as I closed the door. She was saying something that didn't involve me.
As I stretched over the bed I looked over to the Midnight outfit. The mask was what I was really looking at. Something was telling me to put it on, but something was also holding me back. I looked at the window and it was nearly sunset. I turned on the TV for a while and looked at the News. BORING. I turned the channel to a movie. `Cat Woman' was playing. I sat, captivated by the cat's grace and intellect. Knock. Knock. I went over to the door and opened it. Riku was there.
“Hi.” I said as he stepped in. I closed the door. “We'll need to be quiet. Kornta has ears like a… well a tiger.”
“Lets go on the balcony then.” He said as he led me there.
“Riku I need to ask you something.” I said looking at him.
“What is it?” He asked giving me a hug.
“What type of relationship do we have?”
“I'd say a deep one. Because of what we've been through together.” He answered. He pulled away from me and looked into my eyes. His were like looking into a pool of ice with the moon reflected in it. “Angel. I'm really sorry. About everything. Even going to Chase Young was a bad idea on my part. Forgive me?” He asked. The sun was setting.
“Only if…” I said leaning in to kiss him. My eyes closed slowly as he leaned in as well.
Our lips were only a couple centimeters apart now. Only a little more to go… Then I collapsed. I opened my eyes but couldn't see anything.
“Riku! I yelled. “Riku!” I stood up and looked around. A scene was beging to form. And I recognized one face in particular.
“Hello sister.” Said the voice.
“Chase.” I said agknowledging him.
“Oh don't be surprised. I know you're alive and well. Just remember this. I WILL kill you this time. And tell Riku that he'll watch you when it happens.” He stopped gloating and looked behind him. He turned away from me. “Hello Omi.” Was all I could hear of what he said. My vision started to blurr again and I saw Riku leaning over me.
“You okay?” He asked. I shook my head.
“I saw Chase. He said he'll find and kill me. And that you're going to watch as I die.”
 
Okay I revised it a bit and it'll make more sense in the next chapter.Please R&R.
-RCR