Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Return of an Angel ❯ Chapter8-Death Flight ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 8-Death Flight-*Angel*
“Get your sorry cat-butt out of bed. Come on Angel, it's twelve o'clock!” Said Kornta. I sat up, boltight and got out of bed.
“Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! Why didn't you wake me up sooner?” I asked getting changed. Then I looked over to the digital clock which read, 6:02. I turned around slowly to look at her, and she was smiling.
“Just thought you night want to get up sleepy.”
“Now you're talking like Chuko.” I said, slipping on the yellow skirt and tank.
“Well hurry up, there's only a few more days until the contest and we've still yet to know if you can fly us there.”
“Okay. Okay. Give a couple minutes to get changed and I'll meet you in the lobby.”
“Fine.” Said Kornta walking out of the room. “Come on Riku.” Slowly Riku followed her out of the room.
“Finally. Some me-time.” I said to myself walking over to the balcony. I sighed and looked at the sun. It was so bright, and this same sun was also brightening the Temple about this time as well. I walked back into my room and picked up my clothes. At the top of the pile was my mask. “How come you turned me into a tiger?”
Slowly I started to sing,
“When the seas bow down
and you're far from home
don't be scared
I'll be wherever you may roam.
So tell me when you're ready
And never return to me.”
By now I was in the elevator on the way to the lobby and the cheesy music was playing the Star Wars theme. “You've got to be kidding me.” I said as the door finally opened and let me out into the lobby.
“Come on Angel! We gotta go!” Said Riku as I put my key on the desk.
“I'm coming. I'm coming.” I said running towards him. Once outside he led me down a couple blocks until we saw Kornta. Then she joined us as we left towards the park where the Kite was found.
“So do you think you can fly?” She asked as we rounded a corner.
“I'm not totally sure. But if I can't, couldn't we use the Yong She Kite to fly us there?” I asked.
“I suppose we could…” She said, her voice trailing off.
“Great. Then we should be there by tonight.” Said Riku.
“Probably before that Riku.” I said. “I mean, Dojo could fly about one-hundred miles in less than five minutes.”
“Well Dojo isn't here right now, is he?” Asked Kornta swerving around sharply.
“I know that Kornta. I was just giving an example.” I said.
“Fine then, come on.”
When we reached the middle of the garden, Riku already had the Kite out.
“Ready everyone?” I asked as I took the Kite from Riku. They both nodded and grabbed my free hand. “Yong She Kite!” I shouted as the Kite flew to the sky. (This is the second time she has used a Shen Gon Wu. For those of you who may have not read The Portal.)
“This is awsome!” Shouted Riku over the wind.
“I Know isn't it?” I replied. I looked down at Kornta, who was looking a bit pale. “You okay?” I asked.
“Fine. Just fine. So long as you don't make any sudden movements…” But while she said that, my body REALLY did start to twitch. “Angel!” She shouted.
“Sorry! I just sebsed a Shen Gon Wu! It was n't my fault it activated!” I shouted.
“Should we go after it Kornta?” Asked Riku. I stopped the Kite and hovered while kornta made her decision.
“No.” She said flatly.
“Why not?” I asked, the Wu already calling me towards it.
“Because we need to get to Erie first. Surely you Angel, of all people should know this.” Said Kornta. I nodded and continued flying.
The next few minutes were silent until Riku said something.
“Angel! Dojo's coming!” I immediantly made the Kite nose-dive straight into the water. The only bad move of that was that Dojo saw the splash, and Kornta can't swim. My head bobbed up as well as Riku.
“Do you have the Kite?” He asked. I held it up.
“Wait,” I said looking around. “Where's Kornta?” Both of us looked at each other. I shoved the Yong She Kite into Riku's hands and dived under. It took a few moments for my eyes to adjust, but I could just make out her limp body going deeper into the Pacific Ocean. I started to swim deeper but the preasure was startinng to increase. I put my hand out in front of me and grabbed her shirt. Her body was a bit heavier now that the water had soaked her clothes. I swam up and hugged Kornta close to my body. I could only feel a faint pulse in her blood stream.
I burst out of the water and both Kornta and I took a gasping breath. I looked aroun for Riku but I couldn't see him.
“Up here!” I looked up to see Riku sitting on the Kite and holding his hand out to me. (Inuyasha theme. Regular episode theme.) I grabbed it and he flew Kornta and me out of the water. And as we were drip-drying we came to New York Harbor. (Homie Omi from season 1. “Ah! I am blinded!”) We landed on the base of the Statue of Liberty. I laid Kornta's head on my lap. She coughed and water came out of her mouth.
“Are you alright?” I asked. She looked at me and smiled.
“Angel, my brother talked to me while I was down there. Both of us knew my time was over.” She said.
“Kornta.” Said Riku softley as he kneeled down next to me.
“I know you two ~gasp~ can face them alone.” She looked up at us. “Please do me one favor, if anything.”
“I'd do anything for you Kornta. But isn't there any way we can trade places?” I asked, tears streaming down my face. “You need to live more than I do.”
“No. Never that. You are very important to ~gasp~ many people Angel. But I want you to kill my brother very slowly. Make him suffer the way I have. I don't ~gasp~ care about my sister. But be warned. She's trying to get solid again.”
“Who's your sister?” I asked.
“~gasp~ Wuya.” She whispered.
Then her face fell limply to my lap. The last word she ever said was her sisters name, even though I knew she wanted to tell me something much more then that. As Riku and I sat there in silence Kornta's body stayed still, even though how much we wished it wasn't. I couldn't cry, no matter how much I wanted to cry the tears wouldn't come. At last I grabbed the fan I gace to Kornta, though it was half soggy.
“I swear Kornta,” I said silently. “I will kill him. Even if it kills me. You were like my second mom.” (Though you have no idea how much.)
 
Like it? I know you must hate me for it, but I had to, to get the story off and rolling. I mean, it was either Kornta or Chuko. Both of them are important people in the story but Kornta seemed more of a loss.
-RCR