Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Return of an Angel ❯ Chapter 15-Eavsdropping ( Chapter 15 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 15-Eavsdropping-*Riku *
“Riku. Wake up. Wake up.” I blinked my eyes open to see Angel looking down at me. She helped me to sit up.
“Where am I?” I asked.
“You're in the Shen Gon Wu vault. Under the Temple somewhere.” She said. Both our eyes met and Angel giggled.
“Well at least you're laughing. I'm guessing that's good.” She smiled and brushed some hair out of her face.
“I'm just glad you're okay. Can you walk?” She asked.
“I think so.” I said standing up. My legs felt numb but I could walk.
“Good. Sora and Kairi want to see you as well as me.” She said walking up the stairs. But she missed a step. As she fell backwards, a scroll fell away from her. Before I knew what I was doing, I jumped up, caught Angel and grabbed the scroll, landing perfectly on one step with Angel in my left arm. “Thank you?” She said, still scared that she could've fallen down the stairs.
“How'd you do that?” She asked.
“Not a clue.” I said looking at her face. She was still in my arm. And as I set her down, I could've sworn she leaned closer. But I thrust the scroll in her face. “I think that this is yours.”
“Yeah.” She said. “Come on. I want you to meet Shadow and Knuckles.” I nodded and followed after her.
“How come she still likes you?” I asked myself. “You don't see her for three years and then you turn up in her life, only to bring her to her death. Not to mention you hardly trust her. Maybe you can get back with Kairi. Yeah. She can always go back with Raimundo or Clay. She's sure to understand.” (Sorry. I need to do something stupid.)
“You okay back there?” Asked Angel. I noticed I was about to walk into a wall.
“I'm fine.” Isaid following her out the door to the courtyard. Instantly I saw Kairi and Sora.
“Riku!” Shouted Kairi running up to me. Sora followed close behind. Both of them gave me a hug.
“Where have you been?” She asked. “Both of you!” Sora and I just stared at her.
“Kairi…” Started Sora.
“No! You promised you'd come back to me! I waited for so long! And now we're all back together in a completely diferent world!” At that she ran away.
“Kairi!” Shouted Sora.
“No.” I said stepping in front of him. “I'll talk to her.” He nodded and I walked away.
 
*Ayoni*
“Shadow!” I shouted, flying out of the temple doors. “Where the heck are you, you stupid hedgehog?!”
“Are you okay Ayoni?” I looked to see Chuko and Angel walking towards me.
“I'm fine. But Shadow left again with out telling me.”
“Does he do that often?” Asked Chuko.
“It sure feels like it to me.” I said.
“Isn't there a way to find him?” Asked Angel. “That is, if he's totally left the Temple.”
“Oh yeah. There's a way to find him.”
“That is, what?” Asked Chuko.
“Okay. We need two live grenades, a big open field and a Chaos Emerald.” I said.
“Just how many times have you done this?” Asked Angel.
“None. But I assure you it works. Just so long as he sees the flames. … Better make that three gredandes.”I said.
“Is this truly safe?” Asked Chuko flying up to me.
“Perfectly. So long as no one gets in the way of the flames.”
“I'll go find that field then. Chuko, you try to get some grenades. Ayoni, you get the emerald if you have any.” Said Angel.
“I have one I my room.” I'll be right back.”
As I flew towards my room, I saw Kairi run into a side garden and a few seconds later, Riku.
“What are they doing?”I asked myself as I flew just above the wall. Then I sat down on it and watched the scene unfold. First Riku wlaked up to Kairi and put his arm around her trying to comfort her.
“No! You and Sora left!” She yelled, tears streaming down her face.
“It wasn't our fault Kairi.” Said Riku. “We didn't have any choice in what happened, they just did.”
“But, I was alone. I couldn't see either of you.”
“But we're all together now. Things WILL be the same Kairi. I promise.” Said Riku holding her shoulders
“Are you sure?” She asked. “Angel, you and Sora have changed. Mostly Angel.”
“Yes she has.”
“Don't you like her?”
“I do. But as a friend. Kairi, I like you more.”
“Ayoni, What are you doing?” I fell backwards off the wall and flew up only a couple feet away from the ground. And I saw Clay and Artemis walking towards me.
“Nothin'.” I said. “Just going to get the chaos Emerald.”
“To find Shadow?” Asked Artemis.
“Yeah. How'd you know?” I asked turning around slowly.
“Because he's doing the same.”
“Yeah. If you hurry you could catch him.” Said Clay.
“Thanks guys. And do you know where Angel is? I need to tell her something.”
“She went out of the Temple. Not too far away yet unless she flew.” Said Artemis. I nodded and meet Shadow as I flew through the window.
“Where were you?” He asked.
“Looking for you! I can never keep an eye off of you for a second, can I?” I asked. Both of us looked at each other and I started to laughing. Soon he joined in. His laugh was more evil then anything though, but it was a start.
“When are we going?” I asked.
“Tonight. Where's Angel?” Asked Shadow.
“I'm going to find her now. Care to join?” I asked. He nodded. Then both of us went to find Angel. Shadow to say goodbye, me to tell her what I had jut heard.
 
Okay. I know it's a bit mean but I love it. I have a very complex plot going on and quite frankly I don't even know what it is yet. Hasta pastas.
RCR